• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

oooohhh sh##

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I am collecting footage myself, but I think we are going to use it for a crew montage rather than a combo vid. Although I have a fair amount of awesome things recorded.

WIGI

Smash Champion
im almost done my vid need about 30-40 seconds more footage.

i also want to show liek... pakman it before i release it so he can tell me if anythign is wrong with it.

=]

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
im almost done my vid need about 30-40 seconds more footage.

i also want to show liek... pakman it before i release it so he can tell me if anythign is wrong with it.

=]
You sort of have to find your own style in a combo video. Entertainment is usually your main goal.

Skill-wise Scar vs Silent Specter is arguable who is better, but Scar's combo video is WAY more entertaining.

WIGI

Smash Champion
You sort of have to find your own style in a combo video. Entertainment is usually your main goal.

Skill-wise Scar vs Silent Specter is arguable who is better, but Scar's combo video is WAY more entertaining.
yes but i still plan to show you, because if something in it , doesn't flow, or really should not be in it, then your the one to let me know, unles you don't want to.

also, usual my vids are more random.. and stuff. but this one im keeping it serious.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
In comparison to "Silence" ?
Yeah IMO IKM is more Entertaining (<- key word) then Silence.

I am pretty biased however. Scar is in my crew + my teammate. I would put money on Scar in a Scar vs SS match, but I am very skeptical if he would come out on top. Some of SS's stuff is ridiculous. The way he ledge cancels to continue combos still astounds me.

A combo video is the worst way to decide if someone is good.

Match videos are soooooo much more useful in learning a character.

Combo videos are soooooo much better at dropping jaws.

I just found Scar's music choice and video progression to sync up very well.

Scar

#HarveyDent
i found silence more entertaining =\

the vast majority of scar's stuff is so cookie cutter
whatever pocky you're so WC now

the **** that wasn't cookie cutter was stuff that was completely unexpected and one thing that no one has ever seen before, besides i was proud of myself for being able to do normal combos -- recall that when that vid was released i was bad at smash

pockyD

Smash Legend
whatever pocky you're so WC now
since I live here? good call -_-

don't read so much into everything though

the **** that wasn't cookie cutter was stuff that was completely unexpected and one thing that no one has ever seen before
...I edited this out of my first post out of respect for you, but since you're calling me out for whatever reason, I have it on pretty decent authority that some of it was scripted...

regardless, who cares? entertainment value is about as subjective a criteria as can possibly exist; I didn't say your video was bland or bad; I just said I liked the other one better

besides i was proud of myself for being able to do normal combos -- recall that when that vid was released i was bad at smash
no one's saying you're bad (at least I'm not), I'm just saying that I was more entertained by silence, the video

keeping in mind that I myself was still living on the EC when silence came out, and had never played SS at that point; this being almost a full year before you killed mufasa

do I think SS is better than you? probably... but that's not what I was talking about here at all. It was simply a matter of entertainment value from super smash brothers: melee combo videos

and I would still cheer for you in dittos, or I would have up to this point of you wanting to pick a fight for no reason

edit: I was going to apologize for derailing this thread but it doesn't seem to have a real purpose to begin with, so I apologize for nothing!

Top Bottom