• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Only the Lonely - The SoPo Matchup Thread / #2-Snake

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
just going to add my 2 cents to this match up

one thing i noticed that you forgot swordgard is that also iceblocks even solo will still stop grenades in there tracks also. a SH iceblock can stop a thrown grenade also, a lot of snakes like to throw a grenade and follow it up with a DAC by SH and useing ic you can stop the grenade and quickly shield and pivet grab snake. other then that everything swordgard said is spot on. use u-airs to rack damage and if you get snake off the ledge d-tilt can work wonders, and never ever think you got him, snake can pull some stupid stuff out of his a$$ so dont bother trying to go off the stage play it safe and just do as much damage as possible. hope this helps. id rank this matchup a 8 in difficulty, your gunna have a lot of trouble if snake gets you off the stage first.

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
"side b which he will punish with ftilt" are you sure about this ? i think side B beats ftilt at least when your with nana, dunno
this is discussing solo popo you dont have nana to back you up, f-tilt from snake will **** you if you try to approach the stage from the side esspecially if the snake is smart and dash's back and does a pivet f-tilt.... you will cry.

Teh Future

Smash Master
SG is right that snake has glaring weaknesses when he lands, but this is a weakness against every character for snake, and sopo is not the best choice for punishing stuff like this. Un less you are on FD then you will not be able to juggle snake or combo him through this because he'll just go to a platform and/or pull out a grenade.

Sopo has no kill options against snake ive hit snake with fsmash w/ both of them before fresh at 160 and hes fine. Unless you sweetspot it will do nothing.

And thats not to mention he outspaces you and is faster than you he shouldnt be getting hit much and shouldnt have to be above you landing nearly at all.

9 or 10/10 imo sopos hardest matchup.

Gaspa

Smash Cadet
Just to add an extra opinion (not that worthy due to my lack of GOOD tourneys experience), snake is 9/10 imo, but definitely not 10/10 and not sopos hardest matchup as futurewrestler said above.

but then again, even though I play a lot, Argentina's tourney level is very low so..

Semmick

Smash Journeyman
interesting idea for a thread.

Shouldn't all of Sopos matchups being like 10/10? lol

Space and blizzard the ftilt, Ice Blocks stop 'nades... we can't kill at all, though...

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'd Just Like to point out thst Popo has a walking Chain Grab.

If you D-throw someone like MK and "Dash Grab to D-Throw" 3 or 4 times

The D-Throw will be Diminished to a Point where you can just walk and Chain Grab him.(the walk is only a few frames so you don't go that far forward.)

Once he gets to around 55% he'll be too high off the ground to do a standing to grab him. You'll have to dash grab from this point on. Once you get to the edge just F-smash

I think this could be a 60% to 70% combo depending on where you start.

It should help the SoPo MetaGame a little.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Wow, seriously?

Hmm...I might do a little testing on that to see who all it can be performed on and the percentages it stops at.

...Or you can do it. :3

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Wow, seriously?

Hmm...I might do a little testing on that to see who all it can be performed on and the percentages it stops at.

...Or you can do it. :3
Well I left my Wii at Chu's House Last Weekend so I'm Gonna be Testless for a Little While:urg:

I forgot to say that I'm only 90% sure this works. there might be something like a 1 frame window for escape.

If not, then yaaaay

Oh yeah, another reason this works is because after being chaingrabbed 3 times at low percentage characters seem to go into a different animation making it easier to grab them.
this might just be based on percentage alone though.

for example, Wolf starts sticking his leg out around 15% Making an almost standing chain grab. Once he gets to around 50 though his animation seems to change again so I dunno.

I guess a lot of testing needs to be done.

Top Bottom