• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Online Sm4sh 3DS tournament with Paypal pot prize money ?

How much would you pay to enter an online tourny with pot money for top 3 via Paypal?

• $0 I'm not interested in an online tournament with prize money.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • $1 to have at least some kind of existing pot.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • $5 to have some prize money for top 3.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • $10 to have more prize money for top 3.

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • $15 to have even more prize money for top 3.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $20 to have much more prize money for top 3.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • >$20 to have a big payout to top three and maybe e ven up to top 8 depending on tourny size.

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
Hello I would like to ask what is your lnterest in an online 3ds tournament with pot prize money via PayPal for top 3? Or maybe even a whole new community driven by smash 4 online tournaments and or leagues real pot prize money via an online payment system such as PayPal? Would you participate?

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
I voted, but I think it'll take a while to get the online scene going
We gotta start somewhere though

Lichi

This is my war snarl
I'd be willing to give a couple of $ in order to get people motivated. But I think it is way too early for big buy ins.

Thatsa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THATSA
3DS FC
3351-5342-1929
Msg me if this happens. I'm in :)

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
@ Thatsa Thatsa will do. I Would like to work on a registration page and have this go down soon. Who else is in??

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
pay pal with random people you don't know is never a good idea.

just warning ya now
It's about the same risk as pre-registering for an offline tournament with people you don't know. Trusted sites and online TOs can be trusted as well plus I'm not just a random guy trying to scam look at my post count on here.

Also this upcoming tourny Im planning to have 100% of the entry fee go to the pot with no fee at all. Soo that means no venue fee no TO fee. It will all go to the pot.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
It's about the same risk as pre-registering for an offline tournament with people you don't know. Trusted sites and online TOs can be trusted as well plus I'm not just a random guy trying to scam look at my post count on here.

Also this upcoming tourny Im planning to have 100% of the entry fee go to the pot with no fee at all. Soo that means no venue fee no TO fee. It will all go to the pot.
Except if the TO runs off with the money from an in-person event, you more than likely have a name, a description, and a location you can give to the cops, as well as some more info if it's at a rented location, like an arcade.

You give your money to someone on PayPal and they run, there's not a ton the cops will do unless you're talking thousands of dollars in fraud, or you already know exactly who the person is.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Online tournaments are far, far too susceptible to lag.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
Hello everyone, the tournament registration page is almost ready, The tournament will be called "Settle It In..." as of now it is targeted to happen on Sunday Nov 2nd, but may have a possibility of being pushed back a week depending on people's availability so let me know if you would prefer Nov 2nd or 9th. For this tourny the rules are kept simple and should be a familiar environment to most players. here is a sneak peak at the rules:

What?

An Online Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Tournament with pot prize money via paypal funded by player registration fee.

When?

Sunday 11/2/2014 at 2:00 PM Central Time

Where?

Please be prompt and join the chat Here (link available soon)

How much?

$5 Dollars per person.

Rules?

1 v 1 Double Elimination bracket.

Random Omega Stage on all matches only.

No Items.

No Custom Move.

No Custom Equipment.

No Custom Fighter.

Sets will be:

3 Stock

2 out of 3

8 min time limit.

Winners, Losers, and Grand finals will be 3 out of 5 sets.

Prize split will be:

1st: %60

2nd: %30

3rd: %10

How to take steps to make sure I have a good connection for this?

Please make sure to follow these steps Here

How to enter?

Online registration and a $5 dollar entry fee via Paypal is required. A valid contact email is required For this event, all entry fee money will go towards the prize pot.

Register Here (link available soon)

edit P.S I'm also looking a volunteer with compatibilities to stream W, L, and G finals matches for this tourny
=============================================================================================

Also guys I am developing a community site centered around online prize money tournaments called OPVGames. You may think this stands for "Over Powered Video Games" which maybe close but in actuality it stands for:

The Online Prize Money Video Game Tournament Network
Play Online.

Compete Online.

Win Prize Money Online.
It is currently under development and I will reveal more of what I have planned for it soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom