• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online- Nintendo isn't taking baby steps.

Yoshi1999

Smash Apprentice
It's actually going backwards. This is the first Nintendo wi-fi game where you can't even know who you're playing. And instead of improving on MSC's amazing wi-fi, they don't.

It's probably best of 3 time matches with items.

*sighs* Alot of you are going to complain that I'm complaining, but I don't care. Online play is very important nowadays, and Nintendo fails to realize this =\

Darkurai

Smash Master
I'll admit, the Wi-Fi is a bit bad, but be thankful we have it. Melee's AI was just horrible.

Mari0sPooPoo

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking the same thing, but then I realized, Nintendo's online wasn't meant to compete with something such as Halo 3 or Gears. It's there simply because it's just another reason to buy it.

Don't get me wrong, I want headset, lobby rooms, friend lists, replay function, and custom matches just as much as the next smash bros fan, but it won't stop me from buying it.

burrito

Smash Lord
I don't think the other wi-fi updates will be about playing brawl online against other playerd, though. It'll probably be about other features. There will probably be a feature that lets you trade stickers or something and, who knows, maybe..... downloadable content?

Eaode

Smash Champion
What are you talking about?

Why the hell wouldn't you be able to change the settings?

Anyone that is actually worth fighting..... Chances are you won't find them over Random anyway, the no info is irrelevant.

Seriously, the only glaring problems are with the "With Anyone" mode. I don't know about you, but I won't be using that much at all. Just get FC's from people here on SWF

Spellman

Smash Ace
Custom Robo

What are you talking about?

Why the hell wouldn't you be able to change the settings?
I don't think there will be very much setting customization over the internet neither, like, who would get to decide the rules, I don't think a 4 player voting system would work. You'll probably only get to choose between 1v1 and 1v1v1v1 and that's about it. Which is not a problem, but I hope it's stock matches with 3 lives or something (ideally...). Even time stock matches. But I'm not a fan of time score matches.

I don't think the other wi-fi updates will be about playing brawl online against other playerd, though. It'll probably be about other features. There will probably be a feature that lets you trade stickers or something and, who knows, maybe..... downloadable content?
Sounds about right.

Banks

Smash Hero
all i know is, if you can't regulate items, levels, or if it is time/stock.....then online will disappointing. However, I think even the ability to play againt other people, in whatever mode they offer would be fun, because if you are good you can still **** people in time matches and also practice combos and stuff on people who DI and tech. assuming they know how. but they probably won't. hopefully cpu's will DI and tech

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Meh. At least I can go online with Brawl. I'll just get friend codes from my friends and here and occasionally use the "With Anyone" option. Sure, it's not Xbox Live, but no big deal to me. Oh, and if a Wii headset for online does come, chances are it's going to be designed like the DS in which you can only hear the people on your friend code list.

Mari0sPooPoo

Smash Journeyman
Oh, and if a Wii headset for online does come, chances are it's going to be designed like the DS in which you can only hear the people on your friend code list.
Nintendo takes great pride in the fact their games are made for almost everyone... I doubt that if they do incorperate some big online features, they'll be comparable to something such as Halo3.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
The Wi-Fi may be bad but if you are bored and have no one to play with,wi-fi is the best in that case.And we also don't know all the features of Wi-Fi yet so how can we say its bad or anything.We only know so much(little).

Phat

Smash Cadet
Online will be fine. I mean, it isn't going to be amazing but it's going to be enough to have fun. If I want any real competition I am going to a tourney. If you can't go to one, then sign up for online tourneys and play with FC's.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
Online will be fine. I mean, it isn't going to be amazing but it's going to be enough to have fun. If I want any real competition I am going to a tourney. If you can't go to one, then sign up for online tourneys and play with FC's.
Thats what i am talking about someone who isn't complaining about what we've wanted for so long :-)

Spellman

Smash Ace
Meh. At least I can go online with Brawl. I'll just get friend codes from my friends and here and occasionally use the "With Anyone" option. Sure, it's not Xbox Live, but no big deal to me. Oh, and if a Wii headset for online does come, chances are it's going to be designed like the DS in which you can only hear the people on your friend code list.
Yeah, not a huge deal. The issues have been discussed, dealt with, and there's nothing we can do about them. Most people on this forum are very resourceful and will find ways to make the most of it.

I would've bought Brawl whether or not there was online play anyways, so it's like.. bonus.

TheSpindoctor

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, not a huge deal. The issues have been discussed, dealt with, and there's nothing we can do about them. Most people on this forum are very resourceful and will find ways to make the most of it.

I would've bought Brawl whether or not there was online play anyways, so it's like.. bonus.
Nice job, think positively!

Mari0sPooPoo

Smash Journeyman
But doesn't the thought of simply challenging another human anytime you want sound like fun? Online has the core elements, it will most likely be the basics, but it will be online.

And as someone said before, SSBB was good before, so this is like a bonus.

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
Nintendo is inexcusably bad in the online department. They always have been, and they will remain this way in the foreseeable future. I'm not buying Brawl to play online. I'm buying it because it's ****ing Super Smash Brothers 3. That's reason enough.

Puffs

Smash Ace
*sighs* Alot of you are going to complain that I'm complaining, but I don't care. Online play is very important nowadays, and Nintendo fails to realize this =\
Halo, Starcraft, Mario Kart, Metroid.

If you have played any one of those titles(and a few others) online, you've probably realized by now that playing online against random people is a waste of time no matter what the circumstances. Online play is mostly meant for friends to play eachother over large distances.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
It's actually going backwards. This is the first Nintendo wi-fi game where you can't even know who you're playing. And instead of improving on MSC's amazing wi-fi, they don't.

It's probably best of 3 time matches with items.

I doubt it will even be best of three, it will probably be one match look for new game. That said I think they will at least let you turn items off

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Halo, Starcraft, Mario Kart, Metroid.

If you have played any one of those titles(and a few others) online, you've probably realized by now that playing online against random people is a waste of time no matter what the circumstances. Online play is mostly meant for friends to play eachother over large distances.
No it isn't. Don't base the entire worlds view of online on your personal opinion. If I want to play with my friends i'll have them over. It's more fun to have a big party all together then over the computer.

Metroid and Mario Kart are set up the way you indicate and thats why both are crappy online games. Halo 2 is one of the most played online games ever made. And Halo 3 will probably be better.

The point of online is the fact that you can play with people you'd otherwise never meet. You can make new friends through a common interest that would otherwise be hard to find.

Xigger

Smash Lord
Even the Nintendo fanboys have to admit that the random online matches in Nintendo games suck. It's like they think that we're going to get child abducted like on Myspace or something. This is why dedicated hackers will hack around this.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
At last someone makes a thread where people can complain about their problems with Brawls online. Hopefully the mods won't close this. I'm glad we have online, very glad, but Nintendo can do a better job than this. Hopefully they'll add more options to online.

Ok people we now have this thread. If you have any complaints come here to do it please. (cough Red exodus cough).

Ryudragon29

Smash Journeyman
Even the Nintendo fanboys have to admit that the random online matches in Nintendo games suck. It's like they think that we're going to get child abducted like on Myspace or something. This is why dedicated hackers will hack around this.
Um... Random online matches are all the same minus the server for Nintendo.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
imo, we should displays are FCs here and copy as many others as you can so that when you check your friends list, someone is bound to be online. ;)

Banks

Smash Hero
they will probably add something like Brawl# under the wii# or under join date to every user

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This thread is fail. Seriously, 99% of these online threads are fail. You people don't even know wat your talking about. Like seriously, CHECK THE SITE! Check under game modes, and next to "Adventure Mode" is "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection". It has ONE UPDATE, Adventure Mode has six. Jesus, don't you people check your sources. There WILL BE OPTIONS, there will be cumstomizability. Stop making up crap, since we know only basically 5% of the online details, and 5% of the game over AT MOST. These threads are REALLY annoying me now. :laugh:

Master Peach

Smash Ace
This thread is fail. Seriously, 99% of these online threads are fail. You people don't even know wat your talking about. Like seriously, CHECK THE SITE! Check under game modes, and next to "Adventure Mode" is "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection". It has ONE UPDATE, Adventure Mode has six. Jesus, don't you people check your sources. There WILL BE OPTIONS, there will be cumstomizability. Stop making up crap, since we know only basically 5% of the online details, and 5% of the game over AT MOST. These threads are REALLY annoying me now. :laugh:
True they are annoying. But this thread should keep the complainers happy and keep them away from our good threads. Like a thread where people who love the online update no matter what can talk and discuss intelligently and peacefully.

This Thread is ok as long as people do their complaints here.

Top Bottom