• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Modes Maps

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
I think I made it pretty clear with the settings I have for online that I don't want any battlefield stages or just the normal stage in general battles with opponents. One thing I miss about for glory is that I would always get omega. I don't know why but it's too hard for me to navigate the three platforms and it always ends up getting me killed. Why add specific rules if we can't even use them? Is there any way for me to make it so I absolutely never get a battlefield version or normal hazardless version? Any information helps.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Nope and, i agree. Battlefield stages are bad and are for cowards

Aemuli

Smash Cadet
I disagree Battlefield is a good stage, and it always has been. It is one of the reasons why it has always been a neutral in competitive play (even the bad Battlefield in melee). Sure there are characters that benefit on Battlefield, but there are characters that benefit FD (such as projectile characters). I'm honestly surprised that anybody would complain about one of the most basic neutral stages in smash history.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
I would say players at a higher skill floor disagree. Using the platforms to your advantage and knowing how to navigate them while using aerial tilts is a skill.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
It just encourages camping and running. Thats not how it is at tournaments maybe but online it is.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
It just encourages camping and running. Thats not how it is at tournaments maybe but online it is.
If you do not know how to deal with camping it is because you lack the skills necessary to control the map. Tournament or not there are ways to stop people from camping.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
If you do not know how to deal with camping it is because you lack the skills necessary to control the map. Tournament or not there are ways to stop people from camping.
You missed the point with your weak assumption. I can deal with it but, BF still sucks regardless because why even deal with it to begin with when FD is much better.

Last edited:

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
You missed the point with your weak assumption. I can deal with it but, BF still sucks regardless because why even deal with it to begin with when FD is much better.
I never made a weak assumption, I'm stating the obvious because you said camping doesn't happen at tournaments. Online at certain skill levels it doesn't happen because it is bad practice. If someone's standing somewhere not doing something it makes it easier for you to reach them.

Like I said you need to learn how to navigate the platforms, thats common practice. In fact these platforms are really only disadvantageous to projectile spammers (characters that lower level players use).

Last edited:

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
I never made a weak assumption, I'm stating the obvious because you said camping doesn't happen at tournaments. Online at certain skill levels it doesn't happen because it is bad practice. If someone's standing somewhere not doing something it makes it easier for you to reach them.

Like I said you need to learn how to navigate the platforms, thats common practice. In fact these platforms are really only disadvantageous to projectile spammers (characters that lower level players use).
I know how to play and i could beat you. Because i win against cowards on battlefield it just justifies my complaint even more. Me winning against cowards doesnt mean that bf still isnt a garbage platform and that theyre cowards that can only spam projectiles. Its my opinion bruh, get over it. If youre not a coward and like bf then good for you. Thats all u needed to say. If u still feel the need to reply - my FCs on my profile and we can play on bf as much as you like and, whenever. Until then, i know how to play and, dont need your meager advice.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
I know how to play and i could beat you. Because i win against cowards on battlefield it just justifies my complaint even more. Me winning against cowards doesnt mean that bf still isnt a garbage platform and that theyre cowards that can only spam projectiles. Its my opinion bruh, get over it. If youre not a coward and like bf then good for you. Thats all u needed to say. If u still feel the need to reply - my FCs on my profile and we can play on bf as much as you like and, whenever. Until then, i know how to play and, dont need your meager advice.
Or you can get off your high horse and actually analyze gameplay instead of sticking to personal experience.

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
Or you can get off your high horse and actually analyze gameplay instead of sticking to personal experience.
I get what u said but, do you get what i said? all i said was it encourages camping and running and, you went off, lol. Now i do take back the coward part but, When i said bf is bad, its a preference.

Edit: overall, i think the platforms get in the way.

Last edited:

Aemuli

Smash Cadet
I see that your main complaint about BF is that it is campy however, FD is even more campy. In BF you actually have ways to navigate around through camping while FD you only have a single route. I like both stages but FD is definitely the most campy of the two when it comes to projectile users. Also I wouldn't make a claim of how you can beat someone; I had an 85%-90% win rate in smash 4 for glory but that doesn't mean anything. Furthermore, you do not know the skill of the person you're talking to and I know you're not an tournament player because you're complaining about a neutral stage that has been good since Brawl.

Last edited:

RepStar

Banned via Warnings
Switch FC
SW-5945-3794-8387
I see that your main complaint about BF is that it is campy however, FD is even more campy. In BF you actually have ways to navigate around through camping while FD you only have a single route. I like both stages but FD is definitely the most campy of the two when it comes to projectile users. Also I wouldn't make a claim of how you can beat someone; I had an 85%-90% win rate in smash 4 for glory but that doesn't mean anything. Furthermore, you do not know the skill of the person you're talking to and I know you're not an tournament player because you're complaining about a neutral stage that has been good since Brawl.
I dont like bf, simple. Dont have to like it to be a tournament player either. Id still not like it. My opinion wont change. Stage sucks imo, platforms get in the way, while i like how straight forward fd is. Whether fd is more campy or not to you or if its a fact, i really dont care. I have my prefernce and you have yours.

Last edited:

Aemuli

Smash Cadet
I dont like bf, simple. Dont have to like it to be a tournament player either. Id still not like it. My opinion wont change. Stage sucks imo, platforms get in the way, while i like how straight forward fd is. Whether fd is more campy or not to you or if its a fact, i really dont care. I have my prefernce and you have yours.
I think you missed the point I was getting across; I wasn't trying to change your opinion at all, I could care less about which stage you like or dislike. However, claiming that the stage is bad and it promotes camping just makes your reasoning look silly. Again, you do not have to like the stage, but that does not make it a bad stage. That's like saying that you do not like a game, but then saying it is bad because in your opinion you do not like it.

Top Bottom