• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online MLG for brawl????

Shdwmarth

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the noobish comment but where does MLG take place and can anyone enter the tournament?
That's fine.

MLG can be either online or a series of tournaments called a circuit. Go to mlgpro.com for full information. If you want to enter their sponsored free online tournaments, visit gamebattles.com and you can enter in the SSBB ladder. Anyone can enter the official tournaments I believe. Online you must pay to get in and only a certain number of teams are allowed. I've never been to an MLG event so I'm not sure if you can just walk in and play or not.

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
Imo, I don't see why it can't run like DoTA does. Teams use their own computers and go through all the preliminaries online so hundreds or even thousands of people don't have to travel to waste their time travelling to a big tournament that they stand no chance in, and then those who continue to the top whatever number will travel to wherever the tournament is held. Those who would like to watch and participate in friendlies and whatnot can also go, but I see this as a good method for major tournaments with large cash prizes.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
if brawl has a large enough online play do you think there will be a leader board like halo ?

S2

Smash Lord
Online Tournaments=No. That would just suck. Real person to person tourney matches is what is really exciting!
I disagree with online tournaments sucking. Warcraft 3 had a very good online tournament system, which kept Battle.net much more interesting beyond regular matchups.

That being said, online tournaments hold nothing to real life ones.

Real person to person matches are much more fun. Tournaments are fun, its something that's hard to explain to people who don't go. Even if you don't have a chance of winning, simply being at a tournament is usually a blast.

Plus, big matchups don't show nearly as well on say, youtube. Anyone who's gone to a big tournament, something like OC 2/3, will tell you that video cannot capture the excitement, pressure, and skill that goes into some of the matches. The energy of a huge crowd watching the Finals does not translate into video.

Shdwmarth

Smash Rookie
if brawl has a large enough online play do you think there will be a leader board like halo ?
OK here's the thing. I highly doubt Nintendo gives a crap about competitive gaming. Therefore, I don't think they'd make a leaderboard. However, if you sign up on gamebattles.com for the SSBB singles (or even doubles) ladder you'll be on their leaderboard with the best of the best. The cool thing is, an infinite amount of people can join but the only downside is you have to find someone to have a match with (not too difficult), then if you lose be a good sport and report your loss. If you win, hope that they aren't going to be crybabys and that they'll actually report their loss. So, it's tedious, but once you start doing it a lot it gets a lot more fun.

Shdwmarth

Smash Rookie
Imo, I don't see why it can't run like DoTA does. Teams use their own computers and go through all the preliminaries online so hundreds or even thousands of people don't have to travel to waste their time travelling to a big tournament that they stand no chance in, and then those who continue to the top whatever number will travel to wherever the tournament is held. Those who would like to watch and participate in friendlies and whatnot can also go, but I see this as a good method for major tournaments with large cash prizes.
It actually is just like that lol.

Top Bottom