• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online Idiots

Xplo

Smash Cadet
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but:

Why is it that when you enter a room where everybody is doing nothing, leave to do something, come back, and find yourself getting the crap beat. So then youbeat the crap out of the person that was beating the crap out of you kill them, and then everybody else goes after you like you're a mass murderer. Oh and then you're sitting on a cliff doing nothing yourself, someone comes up to and starts dancing around, you get annoyed so you throw them away, they come back wanting a fight (normal) and they end up bringing everybody else with them. I mean that's jkust freaking stupid it's not even the other person's fight so why are they joining in but not going after everybody else?

Basically why the heck are people so stupid online in Brawl??

link2702

Smash Champion
lol....dude....thats what you've got to come to expect in basic brawl, don't like it, then start adding folks to your FC list, or go to a team basic brawl, its not much better since its still random people who have no freaking clue what they're doing, and just spam smashes all day so it gets dull and boring, but its better then sitting through a taunt party.

but honestly dude....lol.....stop going to basic brawls, because thats all you are going to find in them.

Xplo

Smash Cadet
So true lol I find it amusing though that people can be that stupid in Basic Online Brawl lol

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
It's called a taunt party. Those people are smart, they just spend time messing around. Taunt partiers will triple team anybody who isn't taunting. If you find yourself in a taunt party, go with the flow or you will get the **** beaten out of you. They're not stupid, you're just ignorant.

Meta_Knight_777

Smash Apprentice
It's called a taunt party. Those people are smart, they just spend time messing around. Taunt partiers will triple team anybody who isn't taunting. If you find yourself in a taunt party, go with the flow or you will get the sh*t beaten out of you. They're not stupid, you're just ignorant.
True enough. I hang with taunt parties all the time. I am reluctant to help any buddies out however... Ganging up is like edgehogging, against my code.

Xplo

Smash Cadet
It's called a taunt party. Those people are smart, they just spend time messing around. Taunt partiers will triple team anybody who isn't taunting. If you find yourself in a taunt party, go with the flow or you will get the **** beaten out of you. They're not stupid, you're just ignorant.
Well I now know what they are, I figured that out the hard way lol. To me they are stupid, 'cause the whole point to the game is to fight and everybody trying to just kick the crap out of you for one hit match after match is pointless. I mean it's a game everybody has to have some fun some how, mine is edge guarding everybody else as best as I can, if they slip by then it's time to learn a few more tricks xD

I am a little ignorant but aren't we all :D I just needed to rant a little because honestly I have never even heard of a taunt party until now and that was just some bull crap on my part xD

No flaming or anything either just trying to hit all reply in one comment, too lazy to quote all too lol.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Well I now know what they are, I figured that out the hard way lol. To me they are stupid, 'cause the whole point to the game is to fight and everybody trying to just kick the crap out of you for one hit match after match is pointless. I mean it's a game everybody has to have some fun some how, mine is edge guarding everybody else as best as I can, if they slip by then it's time to learn a few more tricks xD

I am a little ignorant but aren't we all :D I just needed to rant a little because honestly I have never even heard of a taunt party until now and that was just some bull crap on my part xD

No flaming or anything either just trying to hit all reply in one comment, too lazy to quote all too lol.
I can see how you'd see them as stupid, and there's nothing wrong with that; all you have to do is become more familiar with how Brawlers work. For real fighting we go to sites like fsmash.org and allisbrawl.com. There you can get actual practice. (Though most people don't play items or crazy stages, if you want to play those then you can often find someone willing to play, especially at fsmash.) When some of us need a break, we like to go into taunt parties and blow off steam; I don't go often, but every now and then I like to go to one and juggle Zero Suit Samus's suit pieces (I can consistently keep two of them in the air). It makes me smile when other people try to imitate me, I'm passing on a gimmick :) Anyways, you're not going to find many people trying to fight in Basic Brawl.

BBQTV

Smash Master
why are you even going to basic brawl. no stock nuff said

ChuteTheMessenger

Village's Strongest Hitman
My rule of thumb for brawl is wifi = you get pissed off either way. Basic brawl = noobs, items, taunt parties. Friend matches = you get ***** by lag

So when I do play on wifi, I try to play for fun and not pride or winning.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I don't know why everyone says there's a horrible amount of lag in every wifi match - why is this? For me, ever since I learned I should stop playing people halfway across the US (and definitely not outside of the country) I haven't had too many problems with it; occasionally, in the middle of a match the game will lag for about 2 seconds and then go back to normal. Granted, this is still not perfect, but as far as gameplay I don't notice much slowdown. Before I get flamed I still know that it's not as good as offline play, but it's nowhere near useless.

Xplo

Smash Cadet
I can see how you'd see them as stupid, and there's nothing wrong with that; all you have to do is become more familiar with how Brawlers work. For real fighting we go to sites like fsmash.org and allisbrawl.com. There you can get actual practice. (Though most people don't play items or crazy stages, if you want to play those then you can often find someone willing to play, especially at fsmash.) When some of us need a break, we like to go into taunt parties and blow off steam; I don't go often, but every now and then I like to go to one and juggle Zero Suit Samus's suit pieces (I can consistently keep two of them in the air). It makes me smile when other people try to imitate me, I'm passing on a gimmick :) Anyways, you're not going to find many people trying to fight in Basic Brawl.
OK I see how it can help blow off somesteam possibly and I shall try out those places later thank you for telling me about them ^_^.

Condemned I don't count Taunt Parties as pro. . . lol Sorry I just can't do that for my own reason lol.

BBQTV it WAS the only place for me to practice until now since I found out about these other site :3.

Haha thank you Hoshi I'll put it there next time lol.

Actually Vocal I somewhat agree with you, in my matches there is either no lag, some lag but not much, or I get disconnected xD.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
That's debatable. Last I checked smash was a fighting game, not a dance party.
Well, there are like 5 threads about taunt parties. He could have gone to those. But he didn't, and instead posted a thread calling taunt partiers idiots.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Well, there are like 5 threads about taunt parties. He could have gone to those. But he didn't, and instead posted a thread calling taunt partiers idiots.
Mistake: If he didn't know what he was witnessing was a taunt party, he wouldn't know to go to a thread discussing them. Go easy, he's new here; try to understand things from the perspective of a new player. The purpose of this website is to help people grow, not ridicule them for not already knowing everything.

Xplo

Smash Cadet
True, now that I know what they are I will probably end up going to those later. Yes I am new to this place (the main reason I joined was so I could enter a tourney), somewhat new to online Brawling, but definitely not new to the game (somewhat I just came back after about a year), but like I said before this is the first time I have even heard of something called a "Taunt Party." And there's really no point to it in my opinion; but then that's just my view lol.

And Dark Horse I'm not calling the partiers idiots "all the time" just in some cases like how everyone will go after you match after match for ONE hit, that's just idiotic. . . I will however call Taunt Parties semi-stupid because besides to blow off some steam and relax - which can be fun sometimes - there is really no point to them.

Wait, so the main point of a Taunt Party is to relax and blow off steam? OK, well then I guess if that's the main reason they are there then that's different, but there's still no excuse for three people going after one person for ONE hit to get someone away and then continue going after then game after game after game.

BBQTV

Smash Master
hey if you want to go to a tournament.

click boards at the top of the screen

then look for regional zones

look for your regional zone

and find a tournament near you

Xplo

Smash Cadet
I'm already in one now dude. . . . .

I just posted this wandering why people would just go after you match after match after match for one hit to get someone away. It's just stupid that they would do that, there's really no reason to. Maybe hit back only once but everybody trying to just murder you get's annoying and I'mpretty sure everybody that has dealt with it would agree.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I'm already in one now dude. . . . .

I just posted this wandering why people would just go after you match after match after match for one hit to get someone away. It's just stupid that they would do that, there's really no reason to. Maybe hit back only once but everybody trying to just murder you get's annoying and I'mpretty sure everybody that has dealt with it would agree.
Yea, I didn't know about them at first. When it happened to me I was like wtf!?!? I was still good enough to handle all three of them though :laugh:

Nik21

Smash Cadet
its taunt partying. and a lot of people who do it are really good. wats the point of playing seriously in laggy free for all time matches w/ items anyway.

i always taunt party on basic brawl. the funnest part is ganging up on someone and seeing how many matches it takes to make them quit lol. i think theres a guide on it on the online board.
Taunt party forever!

Xplo

Smash Cadet
And that's the one part that freaking bugs the crap out of me - the ganging up on someone. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't care but that part right there is jst stupid all on it's own. I mean, why? Just why? If you don't like them don't mess with them. If they keep comng back for more that the one person they ar going after deal with it, it's their fight not everyone else's.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
The question the determines if i stay here or not: Is this all happening in Basic Brawl?

Nik21

Smash Cadet
And that's the one part that freaking bugs the crap out of me - the ganging up on someone. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't care but that part right there is jst stupid all on it's own. I mean, why? Just why? If you don't like them don't mess with them. If they keep comng back for more that the one person they ar going after deal with it, it's their fight not everyone else's.
let me explain. you see, a lot of the fun in taunt parties is going to sudden death to see who can last the longest. when someone attacks and attempts to ko a taunt partier, they're putting the sudden death in jeopardy. so its the taunt partiers' duty to punish them for trying to ruin it. Also, its just really fun.
A lot of the time the taunt party crasher blindly attacks everyone too.

Xplo

Smash Cadet
Lucas yes it is.

OK I can understand that I suppose, but only ONE hit that doesn't KO someone and only knocksd them back? That part right there is just stupid. If it kills them then I can see that, but if it only knocks them away that's completely different in my view.

Top Bottom