• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Online-Experiance :(

otakusan

Smash Rookie
Hello,

When the online-mode for Smash-Bros was announced, i was very exited for it. it meant i wouldnt have to play alone even, when friends where not here to play with me.

Unfortunately online play is laggy so it destroys all the fun for me. most of the time, theres no big lag, but the small amount of delay when you push a button and then your char on the screen moves about a quater of a second later drives me crazy. In many battle-situations i saw opportunities for me to do specific things which didnt work, because the game was not fast enough to react to my controller input.
i cant play like this. especialy in a game like smash.

Im upset about the amount of lag in online-mode. There seems to be no option to tell the game to play only against people from your region (germany - europe for me). i have a very stable internet-connection and in other games i experiance almost no lag at all (shooters for instance).

I just had the need to write this, because this "could-have-been-cool-feature" -part of the game is so to say no longer an option for me to play the game which really frustrates me.

I use the Nintendo LAN-adapter to use a cable that runs to my router. I thought it maybe would reduce the lag but it didnt. Do you guys know other ways to reduce the lag in this game during online play?

Xheracross

Smash Rookie
NNID
XenoJake
Unfortunately, it is you. I live in the UK and can play flawless, buttery smooth online games with people from America and Asia. Could you post your speed results?

otakusan

Smash Rookie
How would i do this. Do you mean just run a speedtest on a random speedtest-site?

otakusan

Smash Rookie
On Ookla its:

Ping: 16 ms

Down-Spped: 28,03 Mbps

Up-Speed: 9,44 Mbps

Seems good, right?

Last edited:

Kozmiic27

Smash Apprentice
On Ookla its:

Ping: 16 ms

Down-Spped: 28,03 Mbps

Up-Speed: 9,44 Mbps

Seems good, right?
Speed test aint got **** to do with lag, its to do with other electronic devices and or microwaves interferring with the electromagnetic waves being transmitted. Get a lan adapter. Problem solved

Last edited:

otakusan

Smash Rookie
@ Kozmiic27:

If you read my entry post, you would know that i am already using a LAN adapter... .

Xheracross

Smash Rookie
NNID
XenoJake
Yeh mb, x
I cbf reading tbh
Thanks for your constructive input.

@ O otakusan Do you play at peak times? I find if I play in the evening when the majority of people in my area are using the internet, connection can be unstable. How much online have you played? Try playing with someone in your country and see if it still lags. If it's fine then you know you're getting unlucky with people on FG.

otakusan

Smash Rookie
How do i know if im playing against people in my area? I played like 6-7 matches so far.

otakusan

Smash Rookie
Okay, thanks for the information. I will look next time and see if lag is better when playing against people from europe.

Just played against someone from germany (where i live) and it was much better. Still a noticeable lag, but much more playble. i noticed that you have to perform your moves always a alittle bit ahead of whats going on on the screen so your attacks are alnding when you planed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bearbuddy4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bearbuddy3
I live in the U.S usually 1 of every 10 games are laggy for me, unless its during peak time It may be 3 out of 10

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I moved this to online discussion.

@ O otakusan , please do not double post. Just edit your original post by clicking on "Edit".

Top Bottom