• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"One Winged Angel" - Sephiroth Combo and Tech Sharing Thread

Muramishi

Smash Rookie
Sephiroth has reignited the hype of Smash Ultimate! Naturally, I had to test him as soon as he launched. I put together a quick video showcasing some of his combos and options with more to come!

Firox

Smash Master
So as far as reliable BnB combos go, I've only found a couple:

-Up throw->Up tilt (0~30%)
-Landing Nair->Fair (0~20%)

EDIT: -Down Throw->Fair (0~25%) Does about 18% damage but Up throw-> Up tilt does about 23% so just an inferior combo.

Everything else seems to be a follow up or a 50/50. Anyone else find some reliable combos?

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
nair into the world.

Sour fair can lead into jab locks.... if you can find something else that leads into jab lock/tech chase let me know >_>

hard to do under plat forms though.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
If given a choice of trying to recover with Octaslash, try to aim up and away instead of straight up to ledge. The reason for this is that as most people know, Octaslash sends opponents away from where Sephy is facing. Aiming slightly away from the edge when you Octaslash will change the direction Sephy is facing to face the blastzone.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
Found out you sh flare "late" jc and sephy will land with flare canceled and your immediately active.
Pretty sick for neutral.

C-G

Smash Journeyman
Someone on Twitter mentioned you can Instant Double Jump Uair and you autocancel. Can make for crazy Octaslash traps

Zekersaurus

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2027 5431 0731
Hey all, so I found a POSSIBLE 0 to death with Sephiroth that only works on Bowser. People may already know about this.

This combo is done after a shield break. Because of Bowser's Tough Guy armor, he does not flinch we he's hit by Seph's Shadow flare , even when charged. He will remain dazed. This means you can get a two full stacks of shadow flare on Bowser then follow up with a gigaflare to Fsmash combo.

If done properly, this should do 81% and kill Bowser at the edge of FD.

The catch is, this was practiced in training mode. Obviously a human player is going to want to mash or DI. However...

1. The 81% does not include the damage after the shadow flare goes off. Bowser may still die.

2. If the person is mashing too fast and you do not have enough time to do the full combo, it's fine. A charged shadowflare + gigaflare is problematic enough. You can play with different options and see what works best.

Solestro

Smash Rookie
I actually found out some pretty nifty tech with Sephiroth the other week, took me time to have a look at it on specific stages and see how it works, but totally new and i haven't seen anyone else online find it or do it.

Allows Sephiroth to grab ledge after the stab instead of drifting or jumping up.

Heres the link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfMJHwcykG0&t=2s

MitchBerryCrunch

Smash Cadet
Good to know that you can change the direction Sephiroth is facing when doing a straight upward Octaslash. For example when you are recovering to stage while facing it, if you point the arrows of his Octaslash behind him during the start up of it then (then point them straight up to do a straight up Octaslash) you will be facing the opposite way you started when the Octaslash comes out. This makes it so the Octaslash can kill your opponent if they get hit by it because they'll fly toward the closer blastzone.

Good clip of it being used here: https://clips.twitch.tv/UninterestedAffluentConsolePanicVis-pyEoy8JltkhiTIsu

Last edited:

BobbyJackson33

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0407-3040-3154
Quick question: I keep seeing on nairo's streams that when he recovers with up b he hits his opponent standing at ledge before grabbing ledge (not octoslah). Anyone knows how to do this?

Top Bottom