• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One regrab at edge

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
So I was messing around with my buffer grab on the ledge vs snake (if you tap down before the grab...dont' ask how it works i don't quite know) and i realized that snake doesn't pop up as much when i grab him the first time on the ledge compared to if i were to grab him in the middle of the level. This got me into thinking, who else can we get one regrab on?

This technique only works with Z-stick (C-stick set to grab) so most people won't use it.

Most people that the normal buffer D-throw CG ALMOST works on footstool out. At that height...i dont' think they can. Verification on "works on" would still be nice (for those willing to test)

Tested at 0%

Technique works on:

Falco (You can CG after the first regrab)
Wolf (You can CG after the first regrab)
Snake (You can CG after the first regrab)
Metaknight (You can CG after the first regrab)
Fox (You can CG after the first regrab)
Sheik (You can CG after the first regrab)
Ganon (You can CG after the first regrab)
Pit
Diddy
DK
Charizard (You can CG after the first regrab)
Squirtle
Bowser
Lucas
Ike
Mario
Falcon(You can CG after the first regrab)

Not sure:
Luigi
Wario
Marth
ZSS
G&W
Ivysaur
Sonic
Ness
Yoshi
Link

I can't test this frame by frame because for some reason C-stick grab doesn't work in that mode...and nobody else is home with me so i can't see if the "Not Sure"s can get out before i grab.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
We really need to bring back the research thread for stuff like this. x.x

Considering how few people z-stick (pretty much just you as far as I've heard, lol) and how relatively small of a discovery this seems to be, threads for this kind of stuff just results in all of it getting lost.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Hey, I would like 10% extra if I grab somebody near the edge. People need to Z stick for snake anyway...its so much easier to not worry about F-throw spacing.

Also, GET ON AIM

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Meh, I could sacrifice smashing with the c-stick, but I use it for aerials way too much.

& I can't. About to leave for a Smashfest. :urg: PM me if it's important!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You won't shield when you hold the C-stick too long for a buffer, and it is the only thing that works with the ledge buffer grab for some reason...

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
looks interesting but i am having trouble visualing whats going on O.o sounds like it only allows one regrab which is sorta meh but hey its free damage. also its not hard to buffer cg with the Z button, you just gotta know how to do it right, i make a clicky sound while doing it, ive had people ask if i have changed my controller to do it because of the sound lol

Kantō

Smash Champion
sounds kool, but idk bout the whole z-sticking thing. seems like that would be somthing you would really have to get used too. i wonder what other things that can be done like this...

Top Bottom