• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One of those "duh" situations.

rifton

Smash Cadet
So I was thinking today about how Super Smashes would be performed other than through the token. Then it hit me, you could get it if you get the crowd cheering for you for X amount of time. Then hit X button and the token will appear in your hand! Do you guys think this could work?

DarkFr0g

Smash Apprentice
So only the guy that'd be pummeling your face into the ground with 20-hit combos would get all of the Super Smashes? That'd be overkill.

Hylian Knight

Smash Cadet
What exactly triggers the crowds cheering?.
In case if nobody has told you yet, on the original Super Smash bros., the crowd would cheer usually when you would get like 5 ko's without dieing once, or something like that. You have to be a fighting machine to get the crowd's attention! They don't just yell and holler your character's name for no reason!

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I could picture it right now:

"SMASH'D!!!!!!!!!!!!" - Crowd goes wild and throws items at everyone.

Nice idea. I want the crowd to chear for me but I think it would get more annoying as time goes on.

Tsukuyomi

Smash Journeyman
Crowds are triggered by Smash attacks that at least goes a bit long distance... Also the crowd goes "Oh!" when you recover...

As for crowd thing, good idea though it wouldn't work as much... Maybe a whole much of "Oh!" then maybe, but people would just play half heartedly...

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Well, I think that the item should go to the people owning, as a reward, because if it goes to the player dieing, that just sucks, you were about to get a 0-death, and they magically blow your face off with a triforce..

I think it should spawn like a normal item, but have warning, like there is a little timer right where it will spawn.. Good idea?

Top Bottom