• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One more trick for F-smash

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
This basically doesn't matter at all, but it's still interesting.

If you F-smash while standing next to the edge while F-smashing with Mario, it actually increases the range of F-smash. The reason why? Firstoff if you know anything about how Mario's F-smash works, he takes a step backwards on the charge stance. However if you're standing next to an edge, he cannot step backwards since that would put his body floating in midair, so basically you have an F-smash that doesn't have the usual leanback, but he still takes the massive step forward when he actually releases the F-smash.

Stutter step F-smashing however is still superior to this (except for maybe the fact it takes one frame to turn around).

It could be worth considering when you're getting up from the edge and if you're opponent happens to be in that range where you can F-smash them.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
Simply flick the joystick in the opposite direction you're facing and flick the c-stick toward your original position right afterwards.
I've done this w/ Mario since about a month ago, good stuff.:sonic:

Edit: ...I was talking about stutter step f-smash wasn't I? Sorry.

Top Bottom