• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

One more minor note from the demo

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Peach can drop her turnips on the ground, much like Link can drop his bombs on the ground. I only saw this once -- HugS fsmashed me with Samus and I dropped my turnip -- but the turnip will indeed sit on the ground, and after a short duration it will start flashing and disappear. Interesting.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Hmm, interesting indeed.

So you could drop the turnips just like how Link/YLink drop their bombs? This would be pretty interesting if we had a stich face, cause then we would put it to the side and wait a bit unless needed.

Do you think the hitbox is still active if dropped to the ground?

Sir James

The Doctor
I see...so what kind of strategies we can use with this technique?
I'm not a Peach player so I wouldn't know strategies, but I think this is helpful for when you throw a turnip up, up throw, and the turnip somehow misses or the player DI's. If the turnip is on the ground near your feet you can quickly pick up the turnip and try the tactic again or throw it at them. I'm only assuming that the pickup animation is faster than the animation to take the turnip out. I didn't play the Brawl demo so I'm not sure.

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
How cool would it be if when you dropped a turnip on the ground you could cause a turnip slide such as Young Link's bombslide.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
This is good. If I draw a Stitch face and it's knocked out of my hand I can always go and pick up again (unless my opponent grabs it first.)

This is quite good.

Nealdt if you don't mind, I'd like t add this info to my thread.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sure. Just note that I don't know how or when this occurs, and that I only saw it once out of a dozen matches as Peach.

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... this could actually be something of a liability. Before, we didn't need to worry too much about stray veggies coming back at us because it required a certain amount of timing for them to catch one- usually just enough time for us to hit them with a second one. But if they can evade our veggies and pick them up off the ground- not confirmed, this only mentions dropping- we could be in a liiiiiiiitle bit of trouble

>.>

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
odd...
trevyn and others reported that it was impossible to set your bombs down so i find it very bizare that it happens with turnips

Top Bottom