• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

On a scale of 1 to 10, How Beautiful would you say Rosalina is in this game?

answer?

Votes: 132 63.8%

Votes: 27 13.0%

Votes: 21 10.1%

Votes: 5 2.4%

Votes: 3 1.4%

Votes: 2 1.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.5%

Votes: 2 1.0%

Votes: 14 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It is kinda funny that ZSS and Palutena got numerous threads about boob size, butt size and sexualization, but Zelda and Rosalina get threads based on beauty.

Face it, a dress that covers everything forces us to focus elsewhere. So these numerous threads about sexualization and feminist/anti-feminist debates can't be made.

ZSS in a dress for Smash 5! No more debates about it.

On topic, Rosalina reminds me of Peach a lot, and I'd call her graceful, not beautiful. I reserve beautiful for characters like Zelda or Palutena personally.

But objectively...a 7 maybe?
Well, I've discussed her breast size and all that elsewhere in private. It's all part of her beauty to me though. I've always found Rosalina's shoulders to be really hot too, they're so well defined and give a definite sense that she is powerful.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It is kinda funny that ZSS and Palutena got numerous threads about boob size, butt size and sexualization, but Zelda and Rosalina get threads based on beauty.

Face it, a dress that covers everything forces us to focus elsewhere. So these numerous threads about sexualization and feminist/anti-feminist debates can't be made.

ZSS in a dress for Smash 5! No more debates about it.
To be fair, Rosalina's dress at least saves her from receiving any rear-end jokes that her biker outfit is quite infamous for.

At least with Rosalina, people would pay more attention to her hair bang, dress, and high heels, instead of just thinking of her breasts and rear.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina did get her time in the Sexy Smash Spotlight on the March 19th pic of the day (never forget), and the "Cosmos Beneath Her Gown" comment. Those two things prompted me to Photoshop a joke erotic novel cover! :V

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
What attracts me to Rosie the most is actually her attitude. Wise, elegant, and calm, along with that little bit of competitive spunk to her. Her physical beauty is definitely a helpful supplement though.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
What attracts me to Rosie the most is actually her attitude. Wise, elegant, and calm, along with that little bit of competitive spunk to her. Her physical beauty is definitely a helpful supplement though.
Pretty much this, along with the fact that Rosalina has a very good temper when compared to most other Mario characters; she never gets angry, even when losing a race, but that's not to say that she won't show signs of sadness. Not even Princess Peach has that kind of demeanor, considering what Super Princess Peach has shown us.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
In terms of her actual character, I love her so much because not only is she a character with depth, backstory, and personality in a main series Mario game (I know Luigi, Peach, and Bowser get a lot of these things in the RPGs and other spin-offs, and Luigi is arguably the most developed Nintendo character in existence due to his character building and stories, but not in main series games, it's almost unheard of there, aside from maybe Bowser Jr.), but because I feel like she is a wonderfully complex character period, with a lot of mystery behind her, but we know enough about her to be able to know how she would react in different situations, and you can form so many headcanons around her based on that (I have tons of Rosalina headcanons, it's insane). She's also got limitless potential. If she ever got her own series of games like Yoshi, you could actually make so many games with deep and enlightening stories behind them, due to the centuries she's lived for, so we could pretty much see how she became the figure she is today.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I was going to give her a 9, but then I saw the gold color for Rosalina at the smash-fest thing and I just knew I had to give her a 10. My god was that just perfect looking on her. <3

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I admit that I like Rosalina more than Peach, but now that I look at the two of them:

Am I the only one that think's she's pretty much just a touched up, blue Peach?

She hardly looks different from Peach in terms of body shape and especially hair color (just a lighter shade of blonde), so why do a lot of us gush over Rosie and reject Peach? Why do we find her special?

I don't know, why do you guys think?

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I admit that I like Rosalina more than Peach, but now that I look at the two of them:

She hardly looks different from Peach in terms of body shape and especially hair color (just a lighter shade of blonde), so why do a lot of us gush over Rosie and reject Peach? Why do we find her special?

I think you shouldn't have done that

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I could write an essay on how Rosalina looks almost nothing like Peach beyond being a woman, and beyond being drawn by the same artist and in the same style.

But to start, let's just say - Peach (and Daisy) has a perfectly symmetrical design. Rosalina has a very asymmetrical design.
Also, look at any picture where one's head is put on the other's body. It's actually really jarring and really emphasises the differences between them.

However, I do think Peach is cute (and looks really good in this game), but she's more "hot cute girl". Rosalina is a mature, gorgeous, and beautifully sexy goddess of a woman. Plenty of people think Peach is pretty too, though, myself included. I just like Rosalina a whole lot more.

It may also help Rosalina's case that, in the Mario games, Peach looks flat chested in her dress, while Rosalina has a very defined bust. This is most noticeable in 3D World, not only because you can put them side by side (giving them both a Mega Mushroom makes it easier to compare them since the camera is normally quite far back), but also because Small Rosalina and Small Peach basically look like babies, yet Rosalina still has clearly defined breasts in her small form despite that, while Peach looks completely flat chested and completely baby-like in her small form. Which is really ****ing creepy and weird. And before anyone calls me out, I have never compared them like that. It's just really noticeable that you can tell even from memory, especially because of how the developers didn't really reduce Rosalina's breast size for her Small Rosalina form, which I find awfully disturbing.

When it comes to Smash though, Sakurai gives Peach more of a bust, to help his flirtier and sexier portrayal of her become more appealing.

However, Peach is often rejected as a character due to being handled terribly in half of the games where she has a story role. As we all know, she gets kidnapped too much. She has been handled great in some games though, such as the Sports games and Super Paper Mario. However, outside of maybe Kerri Kane being a bit of an unfitting voice for her in MK7 and Mario Golf, Rosalina has always been an extremely appealing character, and has never been portrayed in a way that makes her look bad.

-------------

So I just discovered that the Mario Wiki has dug up the hidden ultra high res character renders and posters from the Smash website, and Rosalina looks sinfully beautiful in her ultra high res render and poster:

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I could write an essay on how Rosalina looks almost nothing like Peach beyond being a woman, and beyond being drawn by the same artist and in the same style.

But to start, let's just say - Peach (and Daisy) has a perfectly symmetrical design. Rosalina has a very asymmetrical design.
Also, look at any picture where one's head is put on the other's body. It's actually really jarring and really emphasises the differences between them.

However, I do think Peach is cute (and looks really good in this game), but she's more "hot cute girl". Rosalina is a mature, gorgeous, and beautifully sexy goddess of a woman. Plenty of people think Peach is pretty too, though, myself included. I just like Rosalina a whole lot more.

It may also help Rosalina's case that, in the Mario games, Peach looks flat chested in her dress, while Rosalina has a very defined bust. This is most noticeable in 3D World, not only because you can put them side by side (giving them both a Mega Mushroom makes it easier to compare them since the camera is normally quite far back), but also because Small Rosalina and Small Peach basically look like babies, yet Rosalina still has clearly defined breasts in her small form despite that, while Peach looks completely flat chested and completely baby-like in her small form. Which is really ****ing creepy and weird. And before anyone calls me out, I have never compared them like that. It's just really noticeable that you can tell even from memory, especially because of how the developers didn't really reduce Rosalina's breast size for her Small Rosalina form, which I find awfully disturbing.

When it comes to Smash though, Sakurai gives Peach more of a bust, to help his flirtier and sexier portrayal of her become more appealing.

However, Peach is often rejected as a character due to being handled terribly in half of the games where she has a story role. As we all know, she gets kidnapped too much. She has been handled great in some games though, such as the Sports games and Super Paper Mario. However, outside of maybe Kerri Kane being a bit of an unfitting voice for her in MK7 and Mario Golf, Rosalina has always been an extremely appealing character, and has never been portrayed in a way that makes her look bad.

-------------

So I just discovered that the Mario Wiki has dug up the hidden ultra high res character renders and posters from the Smash website, and Rosalina looks sinfully beautiful in her ultra high res render and poster:

Well, I never said she wasn't more appealing as a CHARACTER--I think she's miles more relatable than Peach in terms of personality--just her looks were very similar to Peach's. I know the hairstyle is different and that a big bang (...HOLY SH*T I just got the stealth pun--she has a BIG BANG of hair!) covers her right eye, yeah I know all about how she's asymmetrical.

...you got a good eye there, didn't notice that. Also it's creepy that her small form has mini-breasts, I'd rather Mario games be devoid of loli undertones

Personally what I think is happening is that since her personality is far more appealing, Rosalina's fans are spreading their love to her looks as well despite looking only a little different to Peach.

Personally I consider Peach to be sort of "cute" but think Rosalina is a mix between "precious" and "beautiful."

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
More aesthetic differences I can quickly note:

-Distinctly different eye shape and eye lash pattern.
-Peach has a puffy face, Rosalina has a very slender one.
-Rosalina is a giant, she is taller than Ganondorf canonically. Peach is a petite woman. If both women were real, I'd be at least half a head taller than Peach, but Rosalina would absolutely tower over me. This by extension means they have different body builds.
-Peach has longer hair overall, but Rosalina has a thicker fringe.
-Peach has a fittingly "peachy" skin tone, Rosalina is completely pale.
-Rosalina has extremely well defined and mature shoulders (that I personally find to be quite the turn on :V), Peach doesn't have shoulders like that.
Also, Rosalina has an irresistable butt!

Ironically, while Peach's butt is actually a signature weapon of hers in various games, Smash included, it's not very big at all, it's actually really petite. This edit of her Brawl model really shows it (body proportions are not edited, the dress is simply removed):

Meanwhile, here's Rosalina's reasoning for being a heavyweight in Mario Kart, and probably half the reason why EVERYONE uses her online in MK8:

And of course, they look incredibly different in terms of outfit and accessories.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
And the winner is Rosalina & Luma and @ ChikoLad ChikoLad

Rosalina is true beauty while Peach is just nice to look at. (especially in this game, All the female characters really take advantage of the games brighter colours and HD graphics)

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
More aesthetic differences I can quickly note:

-Distinctly different eye shape and eye lash pattern.
-Peach has a puffy face, Rosalina has a very slender one.
-Rosalina is a giant, she is taller than Ganondorf canonically. Peach is a petite woman. If both women were real, I'd be at least half a head taller than Peach, but Rosalina would absolutely tower over me. This by extension means they have different body builds.
-Peach has longer hair overall, but Rosalina has a thicker fringe.
-Peach has a fittingly "peachy" skin tone, Rosalina is completely pale.
-Rosalina has extremely well defined and mature shoulders (that I personally find to be quite the turn on :V), Peach doesn't have shoulders like that.
Also, Rosalina has an irresistable butt!

Ironically, while Peach's butt is actually a signature weapon of hers in various games, Smash included, it's not very big at all, it's actually really petite. This edit of her Brawl model really shows it (body proportions are not edited, the dress is simply removed):

Meanwhile, here's Rosalina's reasoning for being a heavyweight in Mario Kart, and probably half the reason why EVERYONE uses her online in MK8:

And of course, they look incredibly different in terms of outfit and accessories.
I still think all those differences are marginal at best, but as you explain they all do come together to make her look better.

Indeed ;)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Solid 8.

IMO

ZSS > Miss Fit > Rosalina / Peach > Zelda

Last edited:

Kay kay

Just take the time to admire my signature
Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I still think all those differences are marginal at best, but as you explain they all do come together to make her look better.

Indeed ;)
I think it should be noted that Rosalina's design has definitely evolved a bit since she debuted in Galaxy, particularly due to the jump to HD in recent games.

I just think it's really short sighted to say they look overly similar just because she has blonde hair and blue eyes. I know plenty of girls with blonde hair and blue eyes IRL, but they all look very different due to facial features, body/height differences, fashion sense, hairstyles, etc. This is exactly how I view Rosalina and Peach too.

I think Daisy looks way more similar to Peach, and heck, ACTS way more similar to Peach.

EDIT: If people want more talk about this, I made a tumblr post discussing a pet peeve of mine:
http://sonicbrawler182.tumblr.com/post/89659505807/rosalina-peach-related-pet-peeve

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It seems that for some people, they determine Rosalina's beauty by her cleavage exposure.

Note: This drawing came from Miiverse, but because there's a possibility that it'll get deleted by an administrator, I uploaded the drawing onto an image hosting site. A broken image would not be good after all.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It seems that for some people, they determine Rosalina's beauty by her cleavage exposure.

Note: This drawing came from Miiverse, but because there's a possibility that it'll get deleted by an administrator, I uploaded the drawing onto an image hosting site. A broken image would not be good after all.
O.O

I always found Rosalinas beauty in her Hair, dress and face. They just compliment each other so well. But I rarely think of Rosalina like that o.o

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Rosalina has a certain air about her.

Peach doesn't have it.

8/10 or somewhere around there.

Hong

The Strongest
Marth aside, she is the certainly the prettiest addition to the roster.

I'm afraid no one will top Altea's finest, of course. :b

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
She's outta this world.

Really guys, took 3 pages for that? :rosalina:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
- I like Rosalina's hair. Asymmetry in a girl's hairstyle and clothing seems to always catch my attention.
- Bare shoulders also catch my attention.
-Rosalina has extremely well defined and mature shoulders (that I personally find to be quite the turn on :V).
:3 Yes.
- I prefer Rosalina's aqua blue than Peach's pink.
- Rosalina certainly has elegance. And she floats too. That's awesome.

:rosalina: TENOUTTATEN

Last edited:

Super Writer

Smash Apprentice
10 outta 10, Space Waifu is Best Waifu.

More seriously though, personally I feel she just has a great design, not overly detailed, but the asymmetric look and calm cosmic color scheme makes her just appealing to the eyes. Though really for me her best asset is that voice of her's, it just sounds... right, that's the best way I can describe it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm sorry but I have to post this, it's too funny.

The Cosmos Beneath Her Gown:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I'll just leave this here too. :lick:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I feel that Rosalina is much more appealing while she's wearing her dress, hence why I only pair her with karts in Mario Kart 8. Besides, I'd rather focus on her face, dress, and high heels, instead of making rear-end jokes that the biker outfit is infamous for.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I feel that Rosalina is much more appealing while she's wearing her dress, hence why I only pair her with karts in Mario Kart 8. Besides, I'd rather focus on her face, dress, and high heels, instead of making rear-end jokes that the biker outfit is infamous for.
Call me old fashioned but I like women in dresses more than in skin-tight clothing. So yeah I agree.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina is beautiful no matter what she wears to me.

And as far as real life women go, I'm OK with whatever they want to wear.

When it comes to a woman's beauty, it's her entire body and face, and hair, that makes her aesthetically beautiful. Wearing nice clothes is just the cherry on top.

Last edited:

Dad's Home

Smash Rookie
I hate to give a number to a cartoon broad, but let's just say I wouldn't be mad at her for eating crackers in the bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom