• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omni: 3 Steps To Finding Your Main Character

Omni is back yet again with a vlog! Many people know Omni for some of the vlogs he has released including Diddy Is Innocent, Why Smash 4 Will Die, Why You Should Pick A Top Tier and others. This time Omni has sat down to discuss a topic very relevant to many players: choosing a main. He gives three tips on how to make the choice and explains the reasoning behind each. Give the video a watch and let us know in the comments below of these tips helped!

Comments

I love link, mained him in 64 as a kid, and made the HUGE mistake of maining him for 1.5 years in melee.

From a melee standpoint, link sucks. You are MUCH better off playing a viable character like fox or Marth.

Although link is still my favorite video game character, losing isn't fun. Won't touch him with a 10 foot pole at this point.

Have been a lot happier since I started using fox in 2007, haven't looked back since. Link is just garbage once you know his gimmicks.
That's good to know...he is still the character I am most comfortable with and have the most success with...

do they stay with what they're best with or do they compromise their style to relieve pressure from their peers? If I recall, Dabuz and his RosaLuma wasn't that liked until it became clear folks could trample his defenses and take him out.
EVERYONE STILL HATES ME, EVEN MORE THAN BEFORE IN FACT

EVERYONE STILL HATES ME, EVEN MORE THAN BEFORE IN FACT
if it's even more, I didn't notice, man... suffice it to say, you still remain my prime example of how the majority community bias dismisses those who differ from the popular standards... so, you have my sympathies, and that of your fans overshadowed by the masses.

Last edited:
Omni l, man you don't know jack....

...You telling me that best chose Charmander over Squirtle? Get out of here. People who choose Squirtle has much more success in their lives than Charmander players who think they are special.
No real person would go for Bulbsaur
cmon, we all know missingno is best pokemon

Omni l, man you don't know jack....

...You telling me that best chose Charmander over Squirtle? Get out of here. People who choose Squirtle has much more success in their lives than Charmander players who think they are special.
No real person would go for Bulbsaur
Bulbusaur poeple just want to crush your soul looking at you burning through Toxic, Leech Seed, and Giga Drain while they Protect ones out of two turns.

Identify yourself. I like flexability.
Yoshi? Check.
Go on dates. I explored the top tiers to see who I clicked with the most.
Yoshi? Check.
Decide? Well, easy.
Yoshi, Check!
Have fun. Yoshi is the most enjoyable character I've played around with since Link.
Check check check!

Also, how does that x4 rock weakness feel, Omni? Feels good nullifying two of your weaknesses upon mega evolution.
#Bulbasaur4Life :001:

Last edited:
Great video Omni. Glad you can make fun of yourself, the part where you crossed of smash 4 will die with smash 5 will die had me chuckling :)

Your logic is on point too on choosing a main. I hope this video helps some newer players.

Great video Omni. Glad you can make fun of yourself, the part where you crossed of smash 4 will die with smash 5 will die had me chuckling :)

Your logic is on point too on choosing a main. I hope this video helps some newer players.
Thanks for being my best critic!

Bro, is Omni even good at Smash? Money match, right now.

I'm kidding, I'm just a boy. Omni pls don't take my lunch money. ;-;

Charizard is too squishy. Blastoise is better than Charizard for his better bulk as well as fewer weaknesses. Plus Blastoise would beat Charizard 1v1 just because of his typing advantage. The only thing keeping Charizard relevant is his Y mega and nostalgia.

Sorry Omni, Squirtle is the best choice in the long run :)

Omni is back yet again with a vlog! Many people know Omni for some of the vlogs he has released including Diddy Is Innocent, Why Smash 4 Will Die, Why You Should Pick A Top Tier and others. This time Omni has sat down to discuss a topic very relevant to many players: choosing a main. He gives three tips on how to make the choice and explains the reasoning behind each. Give the video a watch and let us know in the comments below of these tips helped!

Def need to watch I'm still in limbo with my mains

Top Bottom