• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OMGiggles2 another MN smash tourney.

Cold_Trax

Smash Cadet
Huh? Y? ain't he the BEST in MN? I may never hav played at a biweekly or such but u sure he isn't that good?
I #1 at my GC so couldn't I get beat by him?

I want to get owned! That way I learn new moves and tricks.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
That's the attitude I always have. :) I haven't been to a tourney yet where I haven't been owned. But I always get better at each one. It's good for me to actually have a challenge for once.

In fact, I GUARANTEE you will get owned. :chuckle: Nobody is safe from getting owned lol

Cold_Trax

Smash Cadet
I wonder if age will be a problem? I'm a HS student so don't expect a lot from me. However I want to see other players too. Of course I have become one of the best players at my GC (Game Club) so I don't hav any problems of being owned.

This will be fun and I hope I play against Aaron! Also u Fluxwolf and 56k.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Nah, age isn't a problem at all. Everybody's high school or early college age.

And yeah I'd be glad to play you. I'm bringing my Game & Watch out of retirement so maybe you can be the first to feel the wrath of G&W :laugh:

Hey BTW are you signed up at MN Smash Forums yet? It's huge. You should join.

Cold_Trax

Smash Cadet
Alright, I'll join...
And my brother will come too, he isn't talkative but he has one bad fox. I play falco so when we team... we take the field quickly. We play around a lot so sometimes we fake losing. I've made some amazing moves by just playing.

We'll see how far I get.

Cold_Trax

Smash Cadet
Alrite I'm hoping to play as many people when I get over there. Hopefully u guys don't play easy on me. I may be a newbie at this stuff but I want to know a lot more about playing skills and styles. This will be fun!

I'm gonna get owned! Well hopefully...

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
I'm planning on making this my first tournament, and I'm a little nervous as to how eye-opening of an experience this is going to be. Of course, I expect to get my tail handed to me, and I laugh to imagine the great extent at which this will probably happen.

what are some tips or advice for a noob going to his first smash tournament? I also mean apart from "getting owned", that one is obvious.

Eci4

Smash Ace
Play peach... and just always tap down on your c stick... thats what I did when I didnt know anything...

My friend Tyler went and wanted to just say random words such as wave dash and crouch cancel to impress people... I told him he was a moron...

Also, flip your hood inside out, it will get you all the complements from all the ladies

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
^^^ lol

Well on the "getting owned" part...if you lose a match, just take it all in stride, don't get upset. Especially tournament matches! It's common to feel really disappointed about tournament performance, but don't worry, just remember that you played your best. :) It always helps to be a good sport. When I first started going to the biweeklies, I would get 4-stocked (I still do sometimes, lol) but I never got sad or angry about losing. You get better with every match you play. Even if you place last. You always improve.

If you're confused about any rules in the tournament, feel free to ask any of us, we'll be glad to help you out.

Hmm not much else I can think of. Just remember to have fun! Oh and try not to get stressed out or nervous in the tournament. It's very common if it's your first tournament. You play better when you're calm, so try to relax. :) It's very important to have a cool head.

Cold_Trax

Smash Cadet
One more day wow...
Well good luck to everyone and yea i guess I just need to relax more. I'm confident though that everyone is good.
This is going to be great! It's gonna be whooping time soon!

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
That's about it. All you need is a controller and money for the tourney.

You can being a setup if you want. Maybe some chairs lol

Top Bottom