• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OMG my gamestop may actualy have something for smash!

smash superstar

Smash Ace
so i went into my gamestop today and i seen that they had fake case of brawl all over...they still have melee in the cube, and they had a big thing up that says preorder....and special offer!...though i dont know what it is..does anyone know?....but im starting to think my gamestop may at least open at midnight if not have a tourny which would be sweet....i would of asked the clerk but they were pretty busy so i didnt.

Revven

FrankerZ
Well, if they had Melee out playable it sounds like it'll be a Melee tournament at the Midnight release (which is fine by me if true). I know they're having a tournament, but, they didn't know anything more than that. So, if it's Melee, sweet, if it's Brawl even better.

Diddykong08

Smash Cadet
Yea i just went to my gamestop to reserve my copy of brawl and there are having a midnight release and a tournament for brawl at 9:00 PM on the 8th

Downfall

Smash Apprentice
I'm worried about picking up my Brawl copy. A lot of people in my area are... weird. And they verge on tourney***, I'm sure. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with competitive play, but I'm talking about all the posers who are closed-minded etc. Ugh. What's worse is that I'm sure that tons of people will be cosplaying.

So... so many rolls of fat.

Anyway, if my Gamestop does end up having a tourney for Brawl on the release night, I will be hitting that faster than an Alabama-man smacking down his wife. With Ike or Lucas. Hurr.

UncleGrandfather

Smash Cadet
My local Gamestop was trying to get a Melee tournament set up the night of March 8th and then they were going to give the winner a free copy of Brawl at Midnight. They have like 350 Pre-Orders so they wanted to do something crazy. I dunno about having an early Brawl tournament though. They said they were going to get a Brawl demo some time soon.

HeroAnri

Smash Cadet
NC, Winston Salem -- Friend Code # 2148-7811-3109
i went into my gamestop and they told me they had a tourny soon hosted with a winner receving a wii and a copy of brawl...
and the girls that work there were nice enough to hook me a deal where they will give me the brawl copy 1 night before release so il have it first thing on the 8th muahahah

Cheezball

Smash Ace
i went into my gamestop and they told me they had a tourny soon hosted with a winner receving a wii and a copy of brawl...
and the girls that work there were nice enough to hook me a deal where they will give me the brawl copy 1 night before release so il have it first thing on the 8th muahahah
F*** YOU LUCKY S***!!!! Lol, I don't mean that in a negative way. Seems as if the girls there are perhaps hitting on you. IDK, or they might just be nice. The people at my Game stop are a**es.

Gesi1223

Smash Apprentice
I learned about this 2 weeks ago when I reserved my game. For the local Gamestop here, only the first 30 people who get there and also have the game reserved on the night before release can enter the Brawl tournament.

I wasn't told what the prizes and such were though.

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
so i went into my gamestop today and i seen that they had fake case of brawl all over...they still have melee in the cube, and they had a big thing up that says preorder....and special offer!...though i dont know what it is..does anyone know?....but im starting to think my gamestop may at least open at midnight if not have a tourny which would be sweet....i would of asked the clerk but they were pretty busy so i didnt.
Thst's Malarky, your Gamestop's gonna have bananas.

Sonuis

Smash Rookie
This is an AIM Conversation with my brother who is a manager at a GameStop in the San Diego county. This took place on February 11th mind you.

Ophinu (10:24:10 PM): So I was told your store has a midnight launch officially in the works?
(Bro's SN) (10:25:01 PM): a midnight launch 100%, and a tournament in the works.
Ophinu (10:25:14 PM): Cool
Ophinu (10:25:21 PM): What kind of tournament?
(Bro's SN) (10:25:25 PM): it looks like my store will hold a tourny, but a regular tournament or the tournament center for our district i dont know.
(Bro's SN) (10:25:39 PM): basically almost all 11 stores just in my district should be holding a tournament.
(Bro's SN) (10:26:07 PM): now its in the works, but either a; i will have a tournament, or b; the winner from each store competes in the district final tournament, which probably will be at my store.
Ophinu (10:26:18 PM): Neat
(Bro's SN) (10:26:40 PM): all winners from the stores come and face off at my store theoretically, and then the winner at the tournament at my store goes onto a larger tournament company wide.
Ophinu (10:27:12 PM): Heh
(Bro's SN) (10:27:21 PM): and the tournament will be using BRAWL and not MELEE, making it even more interesting.
Ophinu (10:27:26 PM): Neat
Ophinu (10:29:07 PM): I hope it'll just be the starting characters available.
(Bro's SN) (10:32:03 PM): we will find out.
Ophinu (10:32:19 PM): Keep me updated
(Bro's SN) (10:32:27 PM): will do.

Remember, nothing is set in stone or whatnot. So, don't get over hyped about a super tournament, alright? Since February 11th at least.

Then again, stores in New Orleans and other places are backing up said information from the log. My brother hasn't heard of anything though, and I trust him more than random store reports. Why? Some stores screw up with information fast and don't take their time when releasing it.

P.S.: Crazy Lupo Aro should have mentioned this log, since I'm sure you do still sneak a peek at the thread at you know where.

I hope I didn't forget anything. Oh yeah, "Canada" has nothing to do with this.

racefreak24

Smash Rookie

Chrnocide

Smash Apprentice
Tourny would be nice.. but there's too many places selling Brawl to have a tourny where I live. D:

miller483

Smash Ace
My local GameCrazy is doing a midnight melee tournament the 8th too. Winner gets a copy of Brawl. Since I'm the only competitive Melee player where I live I figure my chances are good. Yah! for no competition.
Hmm... I wonder what's for DINNER what game my Game Crazy is gonna have a tourney for. I hope they do Brawl.

Yoru

Smash Apprentice
Wait, I'm so confused. So Gamestop is having a Brawl tourny and Gamecrazy is having a melee tourny? Also, is it every Gamestop/Gamecrazy? I checked their sites, and I didn't see anything. I really don't want to check the actually stores, but if I have to... I guess it's worth it.

I'd definitely rather play melee, that's for sure. ^_^

miller483

Smash Ace
Wait, I'm so confused. So Gamestop is having a Brawl tourny and Gamecrazy is having a melee tourny? Also, is it every Gamestop/Gamecrazy? I checked their sites, and I didn't see anything. I really don't want to check the actually stores, but if I have to... I guess it's worth it.

I'd definitely rather play melee, that's for sure. ^_^
You should call your local store and ask them about one.

wakka444

Smash Ace
Yup our local gamestop is doing a 9-12 midnight launch tourney also but they didnt say anything about getting a copy but rather the winner faces other gamestop winners...sounds kinda organized, they didnt say much on the rules though

Metalknux

Smash Ace
For those who have been to midnight launches before, will they sell the game before midnight? Like around 9-10? I really doubt I'll still be at Gamestop at 12.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
I just called my local GameStop (Bella Terra 7821 EDINGER AVE HUNTINGTON BEACH CA, 92647 US)

They will most likely have a Midnight Release and the plush dolls are $10. W/ reserve offer its $5!!!! I'm not sure if I want 1 or all 4.

Oh edit: Just so you guys don't get it wrong,
-Most likely Midnight release, will call again March 1
-I'll probably buy 1 plush, b/c 5 dollars off one.

Top Bottom