• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Omaha Weekly Smashfests

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Wow... you had me take Friday off just so we could not go to the tournament... great.

I played games with Leon all day today so I don't think I'll be playing tomorrow.
**** happens son.

deal.

besides we haven't got a final answer to yes or no if people are gonna pull through or not although its not lookin good.

Secks.

Smash Ace
Dont forget peach, jiggs, and falcon if hes good enough. At a higher level of competition falco gets ***** by falcon.
Sheik is also questionable now a days. And Marth is a piece of ****.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
NO WAY that falcon beats falco higher level, no way.

peach doesn't beat falco's who know the matchup and camp.

jiggs i've been told is even. don't get grabbed.

sheik is questionable.

marth gets beat by falco.

also ticket prices went up, i'm buying my tickets to genesis so poe is a Noe.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Marth has good CPs on neutral stages (FD, YS, FoD... Falco's favor on DL64 and neutral-ish on PS) so if you get one of those stages in the first match then you probably lose the set... doesn't really seem even to me

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
YS, FoD, DL64, and Pc stadium are all in falco's favor. marth wins on battlefield and fd.

reasons why falco is better than marth.

falco's shield pressure is stupidly good, like honestly i will list out options here since i've got nothing better to do right now.

Falco can approach with low lasers, destroying the idea of dash attack.

Falco can approach with one close laser to put marth in his shield for a grab. the only way a marth can do anything about this is to cc all the lasers, DI down and away for a counter, but even then if the falco has good spacing a dash dance can simply punish marth badly right there and the counter will be avoided(if we are playing perfect).

falco plays the platforms better than marth, has auto combos regardless of DI. By this i mean at low percents marth in reality cannot escape a pillar. honestly falco vs marth they both have kinda the same objective, to get you above them because both of them can **** each other if they are below, although falco does have a much better down air to recover from juggling combos.

Falcos lasers absolutely ruin marth, like honestly, i know Mo the laser trick with marth but even then if a falco reacts fast enough/times his attacks, jumping and hoping to god the fair comes out before falco hits you is unlikely.

This is why falco beats marth in the matchup, Dekline is king at it. Crouch cancelling. Falco can seriously take a tipped fair, or down air sometimes cc down and away from marth and hit marth with an fsmash, its stupid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qna80MbcAAc at 1:12, m2k doesn't space his bair well, shiz ccs to fsmash, this is an example of how gay ccing can be in the matchup.

Marth against a good falco who places lasers well is FORCED to play defense, if you try to be aggressive against a falco who lasers well, he will simply camp you, laser you, close the gap use laser lag and get you in a combo.

Marth can only do so much, most of the time you will find all marth players sitting in there shield against a falco hoping to wavedash away from a pillar to get a tipped/untipped fsmash, or they will hope the falco will dash attack through to jump OoS bair. Shield grabs are possible but unreliably difficult to get off because it is based on your shield DI, the spacing of the falco's shine, and whether or not you grab on the immediate 2-4 frames its available. Or you can grab a falco who sucks at shffling dair shine.

Even so, if a falco does pillar your shield, its a bad mistake on falcos part. a Falco can simply jc grab out of the shine and up throw you to bair, dair, uair, or he can put you towards the edge of the stage with an fthrow. Falco can also Pillar your shield but rather than shine your shield, He DI's away, you go for a grab and he fsmashes your face.

My hopes when playing a falco are to get grabs, tech chase, space well, hope for a dash attack, and put them on platforms. Most of all if i can get them on the edge they are done for. I also powershield lasers to mess up falcos composure.

Falco is the 2nd best character in the game, and BEST character against people who don't know the matchup.

THE Real tier list

Fox
Falco/Sheik
Marth
Jiggs
Falcon
Peach
Doc
Ganon
ICs
Samus

the rest don't matter.

My falco vs anyone's marth mm.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
marth loses on yoshi story because falco works the platforms so well, his dair just moves very well on/inbetween platforms, combos really never stop there for him, and he kills people horizontally and the sides are SMALL on that stage.

FoD ***** marth hard sometimes, the way the platforms can be really hurt marth's game because his moves are often platformed cancelled, his grab game gets messed up bad by the platforms as well. Also he really has no setups for tippers, juggles with uptilt on this stage.

Pc Stadium goes to falco because Marth is let me emphasize this, HORRIBLE on stage transformations. Like he is probably the worst character on the stage changes as far as all top/high tier go. he doesn't do bad when its neutral, but otherwise this really hurts marth. also, more platforms = more **** for falco.

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
I would disagree with FoD being in Falco's favor because the platforms **** up his lasers just as much. It's hard to control a stage when your projectiles are automatically cancelling themselves or being forced to go higher than usual, and Falco is a mediocre character when he can't stun people long enough to get a hit in

Most of what you said about YS is also true for Marth... utilt has always ruled that stage and always will, and Marth's a side killer as well. At the very worst it's neutral

EBF

Smash Cadet
This thread blows without my randomness . . .
Anyways, I didnt get the job which I kinda knew in my gut that I wasnt gonna get.
They said I lacked job experience with people and confidence :'(
Just got back from MN so someone should call me for games.
Ill see if I can go to Joker's this weekend.
I might be quitting my job at BK soon because its lame.

Secks.

Smash Ace
I love how much importance my drunken one line comments about smash put everyone into an uproar. lol
Also I'll $2 mm my marth your falco jbm.
I checked my schedule and they didn't give me the 3rd of April off... ****ers so I wont be able to go to POE for sure now.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
I agree that Falco loses to Marth on FoD, but maybe that's because I'm not approaching it right when I'm Falco? I can never seen to get a laser rhythm going because of platforms blocking my jumps.

Also, I accept the MM JBM :D And yes, I'm up at 6. Why? Dunno.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Yeah love i'm really excited to see you and des moines crew.

Mo you wanna put down 5 or 10 for it?

Ben your on.

i found a low tier i'm going to nerd. Hard.

Uli

Smash Champion
jbm and low tier!??!
oh god this guy has good jokes XD

btw brawl kids want us to play games (melee will be there too) with them on friday, who is all willing to come?!
ill be able to come for a little bit then ill have to leave to do some astronomy crap then ill come back
they should be posting in here sometime soon >_>

also im assuming we are leaving saterday morning to go to jokers? Are we spending the night?

EBF

Smash Cadet
Im gonna go crazy because I havent gotten to play Melee with another human being in a while.
Just got done nerding Fox for 2 hours -_-

D

DemonDrive

hello. had trouble finding this place. do u guys play brawl because ive been to a few of the family fun center tournaments and i saw some really sick players. wondering how i can get in touch with them so that we can play. i only have my 2 brothers to play with and they arent good practice. i need a good challenge and some worthy adversaries.

EBF

Smash Cadet
No one who posts around here plays Brawl.
We're all Melee players.
And those "really sick players" might be Me, Smeesh and Cue since we're the only people in Nebraska who are half way decent at the game without playing it seriously.
Im a Dedede/MK main.
Smeesh is a Peach main.
Cue is a Snake main.

MaJiK

Smash Ace
I'm going to have to agree with "EBF" (wtf tyser) Brawl is just awful to us I don't have the kind of time to tell every brawl player why
if you want brawl practice/tourney JOker's holding one this weekend its in Des moines though

however don't let me discourage you
play melee and we won't have to cut you..... with our brawl cd's we made into ninja stars

EBF

Smash Cadet
So for people going to Jokers we have:
Tyser
JerryNerd
Uli
Smeesh
Secks.
A Yosh

EBF

Smash Cadet
Thats a lot of Nebraskans going to an Iowa tournament.
Let's all just go to POE now lol.

EBF

Smash Cadet
That tournament is right around where all my relatives live and it's like 5 miles away from the Dome House that we wont be able to use unfortunately :'(
Ill consider that tourney though, I doubt my folks will allow it but we'll see.

Anyone see Silent Spectre vs. Wobbles?
Im gonna start calling JBM, Wobbles.

EBF

Smash Cadet
jbm's car

tyser
uli
dekline
Dozer?( he said he wants to but doesn't know about money right now)

Smeesh's car
Secks.
Majik
Yosh?
Echo?
If all these people go then all of Iowa is going to be like "Sorry, I dont have money to enter Melee anymore" like last time.
Friggin johns son.
Even those super duper newbs entered Melee -_-

Top Bottom