• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olly Vids here! Combo Video Teaser Posted!!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I got bored, so I watched the newest video again. haha, gets me everytime.

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Results, Shrink?
I can give you the sweet and short since I live with Shrink... we are currently without internet and i went home so here is how it went.

Shrink and R1NGO teamed up as Olly and MK and got 9th i believe.

As for singles... Shrink took his Olly to third place.

If you play Olly..look out for counter picks to Norfair... they did it to him almost everytime and he had to play Marth instead.

This is the very short version of what happened... hopefully Shrink can get on himself and tell you all more.

Jarri

Smash Journeyman
Third, that is very good I must say. Too bad he doesn't have any internet. Anyway, if you read this: well done. :) And Norfair, eh? Mhm... Is Olimar that bad there? I would stay on the center platform, uSmash if someone comes down and so on... but I could be wrong. Can't wait until he gets here. :D Congrats, again.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
K here is the story - I'll post the long version - thanks firewulf for checking this for me

Doubles - Ringo and I teamed up and went MK/Olly - We lost to the 1st and 3rd place teams - both in 3rd game final stock on bad levels - both included a suicide on our team so we should have done much much better.

Singles - MY OLLY *****!!! Great news - Olly is a great tourney character - if you can recovery - very few peopole know how to "correctly" gimp olly. I made it to winners finals against a player named CHEXR (Look his up, he's incredible and got beat up hard by his wolf) I then lost in Loser's finals to a ROB I had beaten earlier but he banned smashville and kept sending me to levels with fire. I got frustrated and started playing badly. I cashed with 3rd place and had people really worried about fighting my olimar. The next tourney is on the 21st and I'll have vids of that one.

Summary - No videos b/c my dazzle program started to fail and my computer froze up :(...I didn't notice until the 3rd match of the winners finals.

However, I lost a total of 6 games in singles - 2 were olimar - 6 were Marth on levels like norfair and brinstar. If someone can't beat olimar, they counterpick you to a stage where olly can't play well. I promise to have at least some vids from the 21st - All I can is that I was getting people 0 to 70 in damage b/c they didn't know how to DI against Olimar!!!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
great news. I'll stay tuned in to see how you do at your next tourney!

WhoseReality?

Smash Apprentice
I was under the impression that Norfair was an awesome stage for Olimar. Tons of short levels all with tetherable edges. There's some help from below and the levels make it difficult for spammers too. Why are people counter picking it? Why are Olimars avoiding it?

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
I was under the impression that Norfair was an awesome stage for Olimar. Tons of short levels all with tetherable edges. There's some help from below and the levels make it difficult for spammers too. Why are people counter picking it? Why are Olimar's avoiding it?
...b/c your pikmin are killed by lava...all but red...and lava can cover the entire stage at certain points...

Fino

Smash Master
I'm fairly new to Olimar, but Norfair is a fun stage for me to play on. I'm just careful with my Pikmin and pluck a new one fast if one dies.
O_O;

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

This is too good. The kids first post, and it's in a thread about 6 months old XD

lololol

I'm done.

~Fino

shrinkray21

Smash Ace

O_O;

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

This is too good. The kids first post, and it's in a thread about 6 months old XD

lololol

I'm done.

~Fino
but my old thread is so sexy :D

Top Bottom