• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar's worst matchups

R3v3nant

Smash Cadet
Marth is a big one because of his spammable fair which can knock away all the pikmin you throw at him. Also, your pikmin tend to get killed quicker forcing you to pluck more pikmin. Basically you'll have a hard time abusing your ranged attacks as Marth can repel pikmin with ease.

Then there's olimar dittos. Those are the most ANNOYING things you'll play. When you fight olimar vs. olimar it's a complete stalemate. All your ground moves cancel each other out while doing no damage to anyone. So unless you get closer, you're stuck with attacks that don't work.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
I rather enjoy the Olimar Ditto.

It's an actual match of skill between two Olimar's since both should want to remember their pikmin line up.

As far as who I think is the worst match up, kinda want to say fox. Not just because of the Lasers that kill pikmin latches and takes away range games but it could be one sided if Olimar can't get a grab or a smash off. Olimar in this match has to close the gap otherwise he loses, end of story.

liverymen

Smash Apprentice
GW MK and Fox.
MK and fox because you cant punish them and their approaches are practically made to own olimar. MK can also get Olimar into the air well which isnt where you want to spend much time at all =-(
GW becauase GW is too good.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Olimar dittos are gay, but they're even. What you can do is the same thing he can do... lol

I have the hardest time with Falco and Snake, and not so much any of the characters people are listing.

shanus

Smash Hero
MK is pure hopelessness, snake is doable, but really campy ones are a pain in the ***. One's who love the mortar slide make me happy, one's who love the tilt slide, not so much :-(

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
I don't think MK is that bad: Most of his attacks can be countered by Shield+Grabs
I think Marth is the main one to watch out, as what R3v3nant mentioned eariler.
Olimar vs Olimar=Annoying...really all about spacing and timing

Top Bottom