• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimars Weaknesses

Dav657

Smash Apprentice
Just wondering what some of olimars main weaknesses are. I no he has a tether recovery. Easily gimped. lightweight? and relies heavily on pikmin. But what other weaknesses does he have? I was going to say bad in air but my friend can destroy while using olimar in the air. So that one is a little sketchy for me. Am just trying to compile a list on his weaknesses.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
One big weakness is that you don't use him and lose. :p
LOL! LOL! Touche!

Olimar has quite a glaring weakness: His recovery is entirely tether based. He may have the longest tether recovery in the game (yay) but it is the second most easily gimped recovery (Ivysaur's recovery wins first place -_-") and the recovery can be really good, with six pikmin...or hopeless...with one pikmin...

Olimar is lightweight and also has a steep learning curve, so that will provide a challenge for Olimar players.

Apart from that, OLIMAR FTW (AND FALCON PIKMIN)

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i actually consider him to be a fairly fast runner lol, try running along side a character you consider to be a fast runner.
about oli having longest tether... i'm pretty sure zero suits is longer lol

as people above said... his recovery, thats really the only thing i dislike about him, all they had to do was make it so you don't free fall after it and it would have been fone :/ or kept the tether recovery system that was present in melee

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Ivy's isnt too bad because you can throw razor leaves.
But yeah
Tether recovery is a big weakness for him.

he's got a lot going for him though :[

WhoseReality?

Smash Apprentice
his biggest weakness is his Fsmash, it doesn't really do any damage at all. you should try running through it.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
his biggest weakness is his Fsmash, it doesn't really do any damage at all. you should try running through it.
you do know that is has knockback...can be thrown off a ledge, with a disjointed hitbox that can be done over and over again with no lag??? I'm sorry, but I disagree.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
you do know that is has knockback...can be thrown off a ledge, with a disjointed hitbox that can be done over and over again with no lag??? I'm sorry, but I disagree.
Agreed, Olimar's fsmash goes along with his incredibly broken moves. Yes his recovery is his major weakness, but I sometimes find that he is a bit slow. Though no bowser, hes outrun by many characters. Hes also midweight if you were to look at the percentages required to ko every character with the same move. Other than that hes great, great range, great power, easy to use super armor, fairly easy to combo with and long grabs. Olimar ftw!

Dav657

Smash Apprentice
So tether recovery is another big one. I want find out his main weaknesses and i think thats mainly it. I just need to understand the whistle call better now. And if i can get the whistle down i will be pretty happy with my self :)

WhoseReality?

Smash Apprentice
no prob, bro, not a big deal. that's the one thing I hate about IMing, it's impossible to get people's tones right. In general it's all good to disagree with me too. Nothing wrong with getting into a constructive argument about something.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Ivy's isnt too bad because you can throw razor leaves.
But yeah
Tether recovery is a big weakness for him.

he's got a lot going for him though :[
Yeah but they were talking about Ivysuars recovery and how easyily gimped he is, not his leaves of death =\ Anyway, believe it or not I have a lot of trouble with the inability to move after using End of Day, especially since I fight my friends a lot and since I main Olimar and use FS they know how to dodge the ship, although it isn't very hard and it's easy to DI away from the opponent after the ship explodes I still think it could be counted as a weakness..though I guess thats what one might expect after being in a space craft that just exploded...

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
i actually consider him to be a fairly fast runner lol, try running along side a character you consider to be a fast runner.
about oli having longest tether... i'm pretty sure zero suits is longer lol

as people above said... his recovery, thats really the only thing i dislike about him, all they had to do was make it so you don't free fall after it and it would have been fone :/ or kept the tether recovery system that was present in melee
Nah mate Olimar's is longer with Six Pikmin

CHARACTER SPEEDS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psUvRhUpfN8&feature=related

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
from the video, he seemed a little less that average.

Top Bottom