• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar's head-hit attack confirmed?

Drclaw411

Smash Lord

It looks like Olimar is doing his attack from Pikmin where he hits with his head. I can't really tell though, what do you think? It's probably his only non-Pikmin-using attack.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

It looks like Olimar is doing his attack from Pikmin where he hits with his head. I can't really tell though, what do you think? It's probably his only non-Pikmin-using attack.
I'd like to think that it's confirmed, but I agree that it's probably him running uphill.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
#1 The OP said only NON-pikmin attack, ie an attack he could perform without Pikmin (which I guess is from the Pikmin games?)

#2 there is a shockwave animation in front of Olimar, which looks the same as the shockwave underneath Mario. Either that's Deedee's jumping smoke, or Olimar did something there.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
They're obviously just slipping from the water. Mario is leaning forward a bit too, just like Olimar. It's not his attacks.
The shockwave is probably just a raindrop, considering they're all super-large in this stage, just like everything else.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
like phanna said, i was curious because of the shockwave, and the fact that he is leaning forward.

in the Pikmin games, Olimar could attack himself without Pikmin, even though it was pretty useless to do so considering it did virtually no damage. when you pushed his attack button, he did this head-hit thing, which is what it looks like he is doing in the picture.

burrito

Smash Lord
I don't know about Pikmin 1, but in Pikmin 2 when you attack with Olimar, he does a right punch, left punch, wind up punch combo. I was expecting that to be his neutral A combo. I haven't seen him do a headbutt attack before.

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
In the first pikmin game, it was hard to tell but Olimar punched enemies; he didn't headbutt them (as an above poster said, not a good idea to do when the environment you're in is toxic to you). So, I doubt he's doing a headbutt.

G-X

Smash Apprentice
In the first pikmin game, it was hard to tell but Olimar punched enemies; he didn't headbutt them
QFT.

Olimar's attack was a punch. For some reason, he does a headbutt motion at the same time. It looked a little goofy, but that was part of the game's charm.

Eagle

Smash Lord
I agree with burrito. I expect Olimars neutral A combo to be the combo in Pikmin 2, no headbutt.

KingDaniel

Smash Rookie
Olimar headbutt??

I'm guessing he can pull up 6 pikmin in 2 second cause otherwise he'd be incredibly weak. Also, he must have a lot of range. Say a match starts. and he can pull up a pikmin and chuck it at the enemy and it'll **** them....then he can pull up more and more. Say he throws 6 and they just pummel the,m...then he can call them back and throw them at another person.

I I don't think he really will be without pikmin for a long time.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
IMO the shockwave is where he landed on the slope, then he was quickly forced down it, hence the spacing between him and his landing spot.

UMR | donmk

RIP PM
the triple punch combo would be my bet, but since olimar is trying to run uphill, maybe its his dash attack.

Its unlikely but itss an idea.

Top Bottom