• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

olimar's downtilt...

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
-trades hits with MK's dtilt when used at the same time

-clanks with wolf's fsmash and gives olimar frame advantage

-stops every character from running in and grabbing olimar

-has a hitbox out almost as long as most spotdodges and airdodges

-clanks with fireballs

-allows olimar to micromanage spacing

-is a great taunt

-olimars dtilt is all we want

Denti

Smash Master
ARE YOU SERIOUS DABUZ?! I LITERALLY just discovered/experimented tons and tons of **** with downtilt against mk 20 min ago and then I came in here to read that you're thinking around the same thing. I just came to the Olimar boards to get information and data on it.

Downtilt shield pokes when spaced. Down tilts clanks with MK glide attack. It also moves Olimar's hurtbox backwards so Olimar can beat things like MK's F tilt.

Also Olimar's dash attack when spaced and timed right can punish MK short hop fair. since it moves Olimar's hurtbox down and away from mk.

I'm doing math of frames and **** tonight/rightnow to figure out what is guaranteed and all that jazz.

Also note that our F tilt can trade and or beat MK's tilt game when reversed.

let me know what you think, and let me know if you have more info on this. It would be appreciative.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Wow, gotta say that all that info about hitboxes is very helpful

One thing i would note about dash attack is it juggles pretty well against all characters because of the long lasting hitbox and high priority

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
on MK, around 20-35% percent sets them up for an upsmash, although MK is free to DI, throw out moves, ect. On mk at 65%+, it launches him high enough into the air to juggle with upair and upsmash mixups

Denti

Smash Master
Wow, gotta say that all that info about hitboxes is very helpful

One thing i would note about dash attack is it juggles pretty well against all characters because of the long lasting hitbox and high priority
Yeah.

Also from what I've noticed about D tilt combos is that people will instinctively air dodge after d tilt if you space to follow up. so basically d tilt then bait the air dodge and punish.

So I've done my HW and the frames and hit boxes are telling me D tilt is the **** and it is also telling me that it is not. D tilt has 2 hit bubbles, the weak one in front and the strong one behind it. The weak one puts Olimar in a bad situation if the opponent punishes correctly. The strong one however sets up great and puts the opponent above Olimar (just where he wants them). Hit bubbles for D tilt are starting at 0:56 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxIKEZblZJg . The tip of the weak part of Olimar's D tilt can shield poke a lot of full shields that aren't angled. It's just that people can put Olimar in a bad situation afterwards since the moves ends on frame 30. The main issue with all of this is that Olimar's aren't use to using D tilt so to actually see where to use it is difficult (especially since it is a move that has tons of variables and outcomes). I'll post more about this later after more research and insight.

Also people can SDI Dtilt so Dtilt never combos into anything that is guaranteed.

Edit: One more thing... Boost pivot grab will change MUs. I'll research a ton more before posting about it though.

Asa

Smash Hero
utilt is a fun dodge against mk's dsmash lol

and i thought everyone boost pivot grabbed?

Player-1

Smash Legend
Olimar kind of look like small penis so wen u hit dem with dtilt it kinda looks like u smack dem in da head with a penis :D

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Seriously?!? I'm gonna try and confirm this but thats really helpful.
idk, first video result on google when you search "olimar dtilt" is a video of hilt killing an MK off the top of YI with it. i searched it to see what his dtilt looked like, cause i didnt even know it

Tin Man

Smash Hero
is it really helpful? we can kill mk with several other better moves at that percent lol
Its another option, of course its helpful lol. Its a rather unexpected move given that Dtilt is not a staple in Olimars metagame while grabbing/Smash attacking is. It is also an attack thats part of Olimar, hence more priority. It seems like a good opportunity if it really exists.

Asa

Smash Hero
idk, first video result on google when you search "olimar dtilt" is a video of hilt killing an MK off the top of YI with it. i searched it to see what his dtilt looked like, cause i didnt even know it

huh.

that would be wonderful to do in a match lolol

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
Sorry to burst your bubbles, but that doesn't normally happen. That's my video, btw. Basically, as the description says, I was playing friendlies with Hilt online, and that happened which really surprised both of us. I tested it right after, and I couldn't get it to happen again, even with the worst DI possible.

Wow... it took me seven months of lurking to finally post in this board <.<;

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Sorry to burst your bubbles, but that doesn't normally happen. That's my video, btw. Basically, as the description says, I was playing friendlies with Hilt online, and that happened which really surprised both of us. I tested it right after, and I couldn't get it to happen again, even with the worst DI possible.

(i was just trollan)

DtJ SquidBurrMoneyBurr

Smash Champion

So'kay kero, you should post here more though buddy.

Do it.

wwwilliam0024

Smash Journeyman
I actually use all my tilts in some matches. Theyre crazy good.

Example: If you shield MKs short hop Fair or Dair, your U-tilt will reach him :)

Also in situations of extreme pressure when you dont know what to do, and you think your opponent is waiting everything, try a Ftilt or a Dtilt, **** is so unpredictable :D, also puts em on a crazy spot for you juggle/mindgame. :3

Top Bottom