• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar's advanced techniques!

koken

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kokenz
Well, the general rule is that the more damage the hit does, the more shieldstun and push back it will do, right? So the best pikmin for poking at the shield are purple and red. The worst being white. Then it's up to fundamentals, i mean, spacing correctly, and the bair specifically needs a bit more time than the other aerials to be autocanceled, so fastfalling right away is a bad idea, as you will lag on the landing. Its about getting the feel of the timing i guess.

Another unrelated note is that sdi+up-b is really useful for getting out of multihits like jabs. There is no risk of losing your jump and autocanceling an aerial out of it can be a good landing mixup. The up-b itself give a little quick boost upwards on start up too. This is probably going into the video.
I said it would be useful for beginners to see it, instead of discovering for themselves.

I wasn't asking the basics or fundamentals, but thank you for that :happysheep:.

Dattoking

Smash Rookie
I said it would be useful for beginners to see it, instead of discovering for themselves.

I wasn't asking the basics or fundamentals, but thank you for that :happysheep:.
Haha, i hear you, i just misunderstood you a bit :p

Anyways, i am still collecting photage. Progress is kinda slow due to work.
I also think I will make a new thread for discussion and suggestions for this guide. Don't feel like it really belongs in the AT thread.

Top Bottom