• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar vs Fox input(I checked the sticky already)

M@v

Subarashii!
Im almost done with a matchup guide for the fox forums, and need input on this matchup. I can't decide if its neutral or advantage fox. Fox can really mess up olimars recovery. Dsmash and shine are great for killing pikmin, and foxs dair to utilt combo works well. Plus he can outrange him with his blaster. Olimar got amazing grab range, powerful attacks, and has near even priority with fox. Help would be appreciated!

asob4

Smash Champion
well olimar stops any combo from fox with an up tilt
can chain grab
and kill early

i think it's 50-50 even

_Ubemaya_

Smash Cadet
Olimar's whistle comes out on the same frame that shine does, so it sounds possible to prevent shine spiking (after all, Fox can't be both on the ledge and shining Olimar at the same time, so Olimar only has to worry about one thing at a time).

Olimarman

Smash Ace
60/40 Olimar. Fox is too light and short ranged except for his blaster. Olimar's only major threat is offstage shining which is manageable.

DarkStraw

Smash Apprentice
i think jab out prioritises his dair, if not jab then Nair. i can usually shieldgrab fox after he does land a dair before he can get in a ftilt or upsmash. I have yet to meet a fox i cant beat at least 50% of the time. Killing pikmin....lots of characters kill pikmin but it takes what 2 seconds to get all 6 back, if you just need 2-3 pikmin 1 second? Even if you completly out of pikmin you can always whistle cancel an attack and pick some more. Its a rare occurance that im ever completly out of pikmin, and thats against characters that kill pikmin much easyer than fox, link comes to mind. 6 pikmin is good if your going to be spamming pikmin throw but if you dont spam pikmin throw 3 is plenty.

There are several characters as olimar i have trouble with, fox is the least of my worries.

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
The priority of most of Oli's attacks is less than that of most of Fox's.
Also, your laser spam destroys my pikmin spam, which forces me to approach--something Olimar isn't strong at. Utilt spam also sucks when fighting Fox.

Snail

Smash Lord
The priority of most of Oli's attacks is less than that of most of Fox's.
Also, your laser spam destroys my pikmin spam, which forces me to approach--something Olimar isn't strong at. Utilt comboing also sucks when fighting Fox.
Laser spam doesn't beat Pikmin spam as long as you're smart enough not to stand still while latching :/ Just jump and throw over the lasers.

Nibbity

Smash Journeyman
getting to Fox seems like the biggest problem, right? Star Fox characters suck for Oli, more or less mine because reflector makes pikmin useless, which I love to use. However it's easy to stop Fox's illusion with purple pikmin, and gives you a chance for a few smashes, because of the speed Olimar has and the recovery Fox needs after his illusion. 50-50 or 60-40 Olimar I think.

Dyyne

Smash Ace
well olimar stops any combo from fox with an up tilt
can chain grab
and kill early

i think it's 50-50 even
What chaingrab does Olimar have? D-throw>SHFF f-air>D-throw is escapable by decent DI as far as i know (but if I'm wrong, tell me, because I can't get it to work effectively without them getting out). Also, in my experiences, Olimar has the advantage in this matchup. Fox gets too outprioritized imo.

asob4

Smash Champion
What chaingrab does Olimar have? D-throw>SHFF f-air>D-throw is escapable by decent DI as far as i know (but if I'm wrong, tell me, because I can't get it to work effectively without them getting out). Also, in my experiences, Olimar has the advantage in this matchup. Fox gets too outprioritized imo.

dthrow > dthrow > dthrow > dthrow > fair
40-50%

Dotcom

Smash Lord
I've played several good Fox players and it's dead even. Fox definitely does not have an advantage over Olimar.. but i hate going into description. I'll do it later

Procrastination FTW.

whodat

Smash Apprentice
I'd say it was an even match up myself or even maybe 60-40 olimar. Being light and a fast faller isn't a great thing. Chain grabs ruin fox's day.

Top Bottom