• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

olimar vs fast players

Juanda991

Smash Cadet
Hi,my main is olimar and I want you to help me.
I have issues with fast players, for example metaknight or falco
you know, MK has that ****ing move that swing that sword like crazy and kill all my pikmin.
can you help me plz?
SSBB Code: 1246-8788-9157

Ugawa

Smash Rookie
Olimar is also my main and when faced with a MK holding A, I would either 1.) Wait until MK stops using the attack, 2.) Get on top of MK somehow and then use a dair (MK's "A" can't kill all pikmin at once, and Olimar has advantage in numbers), or 3.) Attack from behind. Also, don't forget that although the Pikmin are a huge part of Olimar's game, he still has attacks without them that can work pretty well. Obviously, one thing you would never do in this situation is throw Pikmin at MK. It's better to whack him with a Pikmin in the air. I'm pretty sure "whack" isn't the correct way to describe the attack =P

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
i typed out a whole page on what to do with MK b/c there's too many threads about him, but right now i'm using my brother's computer. he had to use it for a sec and accidentally closed this tab. :/ so... sorry i don't feel like typing it all again. what i'll say is use olimar's body more often than you normally would. it works better than normal against guys with swords such as tink, MK, and marth.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Foward tilt clashes with most attacks, as well as his down tilt. However, the down tilt can sometimes miss by a bit and deal the one damage via antennae. Any space animal or people who have rolling nairs can take out all attached pikmin. Like, pikmar, pikachu, space animals, MK, wario and some others.

All you have to do against people who are protecting against F-B is just follow with the shield grab. If you are good, you usually should get it off just fine.
Just mind game anything faster than pikmar if possible.

Just what I've seen, not much that I can add off the top of my head without making a huge post.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
Falcon Pikmin MK to death! :D

It's really all about timing: I actually tempt MK into using an attack which I can Shield+Grab. If MK is too far away, I toss Pikmin at him. Remember, he can kill one, but not three or four.

koloblican11763

Smash Apprentice
i'm going to start reporting you for abusive falcon pikmen posts.:D(jk)
You shall not oppress the Falcon Pikmin! They are an endangered awesome species that need to be heard about. Lol.

But anyways, I have a vid that I will upload for you when I get it onto youtube. I will edit this post and give it to you ok?

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
i use fair and space properly, it works as long as you have the timing down.... make sure you di back while doing it incase you mess up or the move goes through it

Top Bottom