• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Video Compendium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
this vid is the best ive seen olimars moves really close up and look closely at how much freakin dmg the white pikmen can do its freakin insane if u have two pikmin in the start of the match its like an automatic 100-110 dmg done if they stick on but its like 50-80 dmg on an actually moving opponet that amazing

olimar in the right hands = deadly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkSi-i9T7m4
That video was completley awesome. Some of the things I had questions about were answered and then some. I didn't know they switched by color, and I didn't know they switch order when you use A attacks. Now it's going to take far more strategy to play P&O, and I'm really very excited to compete with people. Wow, great vid, thanks for that NYHustler.

Yigguth

Smash Journeyman
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FrMEm_IUjHk VS Lucas on Skyworld
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GLPgCa6imKM VS Lucas on Final Destination
There are others on his account but I think they are just re-uploads. The Lucas match on FD is awesome. And it seems that alot of yellows come out on Sky World? Maybe I'm seeing things.
Oh btw...
I went ahead and did all the work for you, all you have to do is copy my message. This really is a better way to organize the videos...
You copied that part too, lol.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
That IS an amazing match! It's also interesting to note 1:48 in that video. Olimar shieldgrabs with a red pikmin, Lucas dodges the pikmin on the way out, and it grabs him on its way BACK to Olimar! That's a constant grabbing hitbox...I don't even know what to say...looks a bit like Samus' extended grapple.

IllidR

Smash Champion
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FrMEm_IUjHk VS Lucas on Skyworld
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GLPgCa6imKM VS Lucas on Final Destination
There are others on his account but I think they are just re-uploads. The Lucas match on FD is awesome. And it seems that alot of yellows come out on Sky World? Maybe I'm seeing things.
Oh btw...

You copied that part too, lol.
Lolcano, woops! Thought I didn't copy that part.

Well these are definitely all great videos, the Pikmin grabbing Lucas on the way back is absolutely insane, means you won't get punished easily.

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman
That video was completley awesome. Some of the things I had questions about were answered and then some. I didn't know they switched by color, and I didn't know they switch order when you use A attacks. Now it's going to take far more strategy to play P&O, and I'm really very excited to compete with people. Wow, great vid, thanks for that NYHustler.
no problem man just trying to help us olimar fans lol

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
Lolcano, woops! Thought I didn't copy that part.

Well these are definitely all great videos, the Pikmin grabbing Lucas on the way back is absolutely insane, means you won't get punished easily.
IlldR, can you provide the time which that happend? I can't seem to find it. But the Final Destination fight was badass. The beginning where all you hear is "PK FIRE! PK FIRE!" and they're just going at it.. EPIC! I seriously cannot wait. We have a month or so left..

ShumPenPo

Smash Apprentice
That IS an amazing match! It's also interesting to note 1:48 in that video. Olimar shieldgrabs with a red pikmin, Lucas dodges the pikmin on the way out, and it grabs him on its way BACK to Olimar! That's a constant grabbing hitbox...I don't even know what to say...looks a bit like Samus' extended grapple.

Sorry to bust your thunder but the pikmin doesnt grab lucas on the way back :l. He tries to grab with the red pikmin then lucas dodges and the red pikmin starts to come back. Then just as its coming back he uses the blue pikmin to grab lucas, which u can see latching on to his head. Although this takes away the constant hitbox on his grabs it does show that he can dish out multiple grab attempts fairly quickly which is also nice :p

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Olimar has the best DPS ratio, the best grab, the longest range smash. And he has the worst recovery... huh?

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
Olimar has the best DPS ratio, the best grab, the longest range smash. And he has the worst recovery... huh?
So maybe that balances it out? But technically it's not the worst, since anyone with a tether recovery belongs in that category. So I guess you can include ZSS in that as well.

DPS = Damage per second. The standard term for how high/low your damange output is.
Or in short, how much Damage [you deal] per second.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Sorry to bust your thunder but the pikmin doesnt grab lucas on the way back :l. He tries to grab with the red pikmin then lucas dodges and the red pikmin starts to come back. Then just as its coming back he uses the blue pikmin to grab lucas, which u can see latching on to his head. Although this takes away the constant hitbox on his grabs it does show that he can dish out multiple grab attempts fairly quickly which is also nice :p
Hm...yes, I suppose that is also nice. <.<

Here's another vid. Olimar vs ROB on FD...two good players, too.

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
Except that they don't get gimped by the number of Pikmin they have.
Good point.

That was definitely one of the best Olimar videos I've watched yet and the ending was beyong epic. Also, love the name of that ROB player.
I've seen that guy play ROB a few times, he's really skilled. But yeah that was one of the better P&O videos. Kicked ROBs arse good - as they should, lol. ROB looks like competition though. That or JHNY5 is just really good with him.

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman
heres a vid of my olimar!!! i get ***** pretty bad (especially match 1) by wolf but whatevs
TOMATO SOUP (Olimar) vs Sniper (Wolf) 1
TOMATO SOUP (Olimar) vs Sniper (Wolf) 2
TOMATO SOUP (Olimar) vs Sniper (Wolf) 3
it says my name is moogle but i changed my name to tomatosoup
very nice olimar u did very good against that wolf, i no he was putting loads of pressure on u. the only thing u need to do more is ur dsmash u never did at all :( and thats olimars strongest smash but good job anyway :).

i also learned something against wolf while watching ur vid. in video 2 at 2:50 while u were throwing pikmin and wolf did his saving attack he kicked the pikmin causing his Ub to stop and fall down.

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman
heres a vid of my olimar!!! i get ***** pretty bad (especially match 1) by wolf but whatevs
TOMATO SOUP (Olimar) vs Sniper (Wolf) 1
TOMATO SOUP (Olimar) vs Sniper (Wolf) 2
TOMATO SOUP (Olimar) vs Sniper (Wolf) 3
it says my name is moogle but i changed my name to tomatosoup
very nice olimar u did very good against that wolf, i no he was putting loads of pressure on u. the only thing u need to do more is ur dsmash u never did at all :( and thats olimars strongest smash but good job anyway :).

i also learned something against wolf while watching ur vid. in video 2 at 2:50 while u were throwing pikmin and wolf did his saving attack he kicked the pikmin causing his Ub to stop and fall down.

TOMATO_SOUP

Smash Rookie
its hard to do dsmash nowadays since like, if ur crouching and u press down on the cstick, it does a dtilt, wtf is up wit that? lol

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman

can somebody delete 1 of my post plz i doubled posted by mistake im postin 4rm my wii

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman
yah i knows, its just an old melee habit :*(
yea i understand lol, but really exellent olimar u just need a bit more practice cause i think u should of won those matches if u had dsmashed.

how fun is olimar to use and is he ur main?

and what tier would u probably put him i?

TOMATO_SOUP

Smash Rookie
=P

Olimar is tons of fun, and yes, currently, he is my main.

i have no idea how good olimar is, and what tier to put him in because
1. its way too early for a tier list
2. i dont even have the game, i've only played it for like 6 hours total.
3. i haven't tried all the characters yet.

hmm i dont think he'd be top tier tho, cus he is crippled by that edgehog tether recovery crap

nyhustler208

Smash Journeyman
=P

Olimar is tons of fun, and yes, currently, he is my main.

i have no idea how good olimar is, and what tier to put him in because
1. its way too early for a tier list
2. i dont even have the game, i've only played it for like 6 hours total.
3. i haven't tried all the characters yet.

hmm i dont think he'd be top tier tho, cus he is crippled by that edgehog tether recovery crap
wow u didnt mention that u only played for 6hrs. i give u even more kotos for playing olimar that good.

just remember to dsmash and organize ur pikmin more the next time u play, but thx 4 the help see if u can bring in more vids with olimar if u can

we olimar players WILL figure somethin out with that edgehog ****

TOMATO_SOUP

Smash Rookie
i accidentally double posted the thread, (so i accidentally made 2 threads), then u advised me to post in this thread so i did =P

ShumPenPo

Smash Apprentice
double posts everywhere ftl
I still want to see more people using olimar's down+B. Ordering your pikmin is huge! It seems people watch the sparkly colors then never use it again :l. Plus in those recent videos of tomato soup where wolf was chaining a few backairs the super armor could have possibly brought the opportunity of wolf going through olimar while he doesnt move because of super armor and allowing for a footstool or downair spike. All speculation of course :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom