• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Support [Pikmen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florida

イーグランツ
Here's some news for you all: Stryks has invited the Pikmen to appear in his comic "War of the Clubs." He asked for only five representations, including myself, so pay attention to how this is going to work. Anyone who would like to appear and represent Pikmen in the comic must fill out and PM me the following:

Name:
Character Design/Descriptions:
Weapon(s):
Fighting Abilities:

Stryks pointed out to me that you cannot make yourself "godly" in any way. The name you fill out will be what you're called in the comic, and your design is what you will look like. When Stryks asked for a list of names and information, I'll select four of the best "applications" and allow those people to star in the comic. Oh, and you also have to be a member of the Pikmen that has joined before confirmation.

Good luck.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Hey egruntz!

I didn't know if you knew this but I have been slated to be in the comic already so I don't know if that changes anything or if I need to send an app. to you anyways.:confused:

Vali

Smash Ace
Here's some news for you all: Stryks has invited the Pikmen to appear in his comic "War of the Clubs." He asked for only five representations, including myself, so pay attention to how this is going to work. Anyone who would like to appear and represent Pikmen in the comic must fill out and PM me the following:

Name:
Character Design/Descriptions:
Weapon(s):
Fighting Abilities:

Stryks pointed out to me that you cannot make yourself "godly" in any way. The name you fill out will be what you're called in the comic, and your design is what you will look like. When Stryks asked for a list of names and information, I'll select four of the best "applications" and allow those people to star in the comic. Oh, and you also have to be a member of the Pikmen that has joined before confirmation.

Good luck.
I'd have awesome psychic abilities for sure, but apart from the confirmation thing ruling me out I wouldn't want to appear anyway.

Wiseguy should definitely have a literal "Wall of Pain" as his weapon to repeatedly smash any opponents unconscious with. Did i mention that this wall is made out of insane ramblings? I swear i mentioned that somewhere :grin:.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
I had the sweetest Brawl KO of my life today!

Ok, I was using Bowser (I felt really tyranical today) and my little brother was using Gannon (tyranny runs in the family). Anyways, we were playing a match on Distant Planet (Items: Only smashballs. On high. Always) anyways we were playing and the bulborb comes and opens it's mouth. I grab him with my side B and slam him into the Bulborb! We were both eaten but it was o-so good.

Florida

イーグランツ
I had the sweetest Brawl KO of my life today!

Ok, I was using Bowser (I felt really tyranical today) and my little brother was using Gannon (tyranny runs in the family). Anyways, we were playing a match on Distant Planet (Items: Only smashballs. On high. Always) anyways we were playing and the bulborb comes and opens it's mouth. I grab him with my side B and slam him into the Bulborb! We were both eaten but it was o-so good.
Good kill, Colenstien.

Anyway, one set of matches from that tournament yesterday were finally uploaded into my YouTube account. I'm not sure if anymore were recorded, but at least I have this.

http://www.youtube.com/user/EvanGruntz
Go ahead and view the three videos that I have uploaded; tell me what you think of my Olimar.

IllidR brought up that the Pikmen who appear in the "War of the Clubs" comic should resemble the different types of Pikmen. He also mentioned that I should resemble Captain Olimar. For that to work out, we would need six people to represent Pikmen, which is O.K. with Stryks. Six it is.

Colenstein, yeah, you have a spot auto-reserved. I very much like IllidR's idea, so you can go ahead and choose the color of pikmin that you would like to appear as.

Colenstien

Smash Ace
I'm a yellow one in a stormtrooper helmet. I also have a "Big *** bazooka". I have told Stryks about all this already, I just can't find a scanner to upload my picture.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Colenstien, did you by any chance record that match with the awesome Bulborb KO? I must see it.

Also, add me!! I must Brawl you!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
THIS JUST IN!

My Olimar is no match for egruntz's Olimar. I have also discovered why people think Olimar's recovery being edgeguarded is a problem. Answer : it IS a problem. I was ko'd twice each match by that alone. I only won when I used Dedede, didnt get the chance to see how my Kirby fared, but all in all, I come to this conclusion

egruntz's Olimar is a beast

Thats it for our important news for the day.

Also, Im adding you as well KraidGuy, add me too please :)

Colenstien

Smash Ace
Colenstien, did you by any chance record that match with the awesome Bulborb KO? I must see it.

Also, add me!! I must Brawl you!
I did save it but it's on my Wii and not an SD card (too much of a cheapskate to buy one right now) so I don't think I have any way of uploading it....... do I? Can a Wii do that? Does it have a magic wizard that pops out of the disc drive and does it for you? Cause if it does I need to get on that.

Also, addificated.

@Kraid: I've got yo added but it still says waiting for registration.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I did save it but it's on my Wii and not an SD card (too much of a cheapskate to buy one right now) so I don't think I have any way of uploading it....... do I? Can a Wii do that? Does it have a magic wizard that pops out of the disc drive and does it for you? Cause if it does I need to get on that.

Also, addificated.

@Kraid: I've got yo added but it still says waiting for registration.
Same here Kraid.

Anyway, so I just played a few matches with Colenstien. God endings to a few of them, but the best one in my opinion, was the last one we did. *Warning, the following description bears a striking resemblence to the one described by Colenstien earlier, be advised*

So, I was Snake, and he was Bowser, on Distant Planet. We've gotten a few KOs, and in the end it's me with 2 stock, and him with one stock.

The bulborb appears, and I jump on to it, and fire a nakita. He jumpes after me, and the bulborb grabs both of us. I dunno, I just thought it was a funny ending.

Another funny ending, was Pit (me) vs. D3 (Col), and 2 stock (me) 1 stock (Col), I fall off the edge (were on Yoshi's Island) and he Super Jumps me, and falls, and I get meteored, we both die.

So yeah, great matches with Col and egruntz tonight. Hoping to have more soon:)

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I'd have awesome psychic abilities for sure, but apart from the confirmation thing ruling me out I wouldn't want to appear anyway.

Wiseguy should definitely have a literal "Wall of Pain" as his weapon to repeatedly smash any opponents unconscious with. Did i mention that this wall is made out of insane ramblings? I swear i mentioned that somewhere :grin:.
I love it. :laugh:

THIS JUST IN!

My Olimar is no match for egruntz's Olimar. I have also discovered why people think Olimar's recovery being edgeguarded is a problem. Answer : it IS a problem. I was ko'd twice each match by that alone. I only won when I used Dedede, didnt get the chance to see how my Kirby fared, but all in all, I come to this conclusion

egruntz's Olimar is a beast

Thats it for our important news for the day.

Also, Im adding you as well KraidGuy, add me too please :)
Egruntz is indeed a monster. He cleaned my clock when we last played.

Sorry to those who I've neglected to add to my friend roster. I've been busrt lately with school stuff. Hopefully later this week I'll have a bit of free time.

What do I have to do to join the Pikmen?
Just PM Egruntz, and he'll signb you up.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'm using Olimar A LOT more than I thought I would be using him. My brother gets pissed and calls Brawl "a crappy game" whenever I use "broken characters" in it against his Falcon. My other brother's Meta-Knight is still giving me a little bit of trouble(although I still do win most of the time). Any strategies for an Olimar v. Meta-Knight?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
who here wants to have a battle????
Well, I saw you online, and I wanted to battle, but I think you were brawling egruntz or something (you were both brawling at the same time) so I was unable to.

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight is a pain with Olimar. Don't try Right or Left Smashing him, especially when he's using his *** annoying sword barrage thingy. You'll just lose a pikmin. Try short hopping and a Dair. That's what I do and it works most of the time.

Never fought a decent Zelda, so I wouldn't know any strategies on that one.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
*pikmen see box*
*glitch pops out*
showtime.... i'm baaaaaaaack! with wifi! hehehe....i'm not that good, but i'd love to play you guys. i main rob, toon link and of course olimar. i'll put my fc up soon.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
*pikmen see box*
*glitch pops out*
showtime.... i'm baaaaaaaack! with wifi! hehehe....i'm not that good, but i'd love to play you guys. i main rob, toon link and of course olimar. i'll put my fc up soon.
Dude! I be needin your FC!

I must Brawl a competant <sp?> ROB!

My Kirby is teh ***** though, .....except when It's me vs. egruntz.... he 3 stocked me with his Olimar yesterday :(

I also have an alright Dedede, I'd like to see how they compare with your ROB. :)

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
PHEW! Just finished writing up my guide. XD

Also, food for thought, "United we stand" from the quest of camelot makes some badass fighting music for Olimar. =P

Don't ask... =(

Florida

イーグランツ
sorry about the double post but egruntz, my friend would like to join the pikmen and is pretty good with him
That doesn't help much. Whoever they are, tell them to PM me if they would like to join.

My Kirby is teh ***** though, .....except when It's me vs. egruntz.... he 3 stocked me with his Olimar yesterday :(

I also have an alright Dedede, I'd like to see how they compare with your ROB. :)
I have the most trouble with your Dedede. I was mentioning this to Rhyme after our games, and he suggests that it's mainly because Dedede has a slight advantage over Olimar; though I feel that you just have a good playing style with Dedede. Either way, good matches last night, I recorded some of them and will be putting them up on YouTube when I get the chance.

Lol @ ending of first match (Yoshi's Island).

PHEW! Just finished writing up my guide. XD

Also, food for thought, "United we stand" from the quest of camelot makes some badass fighting music for Olimar. =P

Don't ask... =(
...I feel obliged to ask. Anyway, great-looking guide. I've skimmed through it for now, but I'll be sure to read it all later.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That doesn't help much. Whoever they are, tell them to PM me if they would like to join.

I have the most trouble with your Dedede. I was mentioning this to Rhyme after our games, and he suggests that it's mainly because Dedede has a slight advantage over Olimar; though I feel that you just have a good playing style with Dedede. Either way, good matches last night, I recorded some of them and will be putting them up on YouTube when I get the chance.

Lol @ ending of first match (Yoshi's Island).

...I feel obliged to ask. Anyway, great-looking guide. I've skimmed through it for now, but I'll be sure to read it all later.

Hmm.. so would you suggest using Dedede more? Should I just try to get better with him?

also, I took your advice, and am now logged on to AIM whenever Im at my comp, so you can message me whenever.

Edit: I wish I could watch youtube videos on Youtube.com (I can watch them from google.com oddly enough, but I have to click "Watch this video" but youtube, I can go to a video page, but the video doesnt come up and I cant interact with comments and such. It's really quite frustrating.

I know Ive brought this up before, but does anyone have any idea whats wrong? I've downloaded flash and fixed my java and still nothing, and it's really awful, because it happened right before Brawl's release int ehe U.S., so I have yet to see many videos =(

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
i'll be on the boards with my fc, and i swear, i'm pretty good with rob. anyway, i'm using the olimar boards for....post 666 :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom