• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar questions

Stitch_Kun

Smash Rookie
Hey olimar boards! Well some of you know me some of you don't, I know Dabuz, Rickbrown, Weruop....um, well I know they know OF me. Richbrown helped me with the falco match up and the crap chaingrab spike lol. Dabuz, well he just knows me as Sycho_Teddy. Anyway I have a tourney soon, one were ill prolly see Richbrown at, SCSA 5. I have a gew questions I have just been meaning to ask for quit some time. So im hoping a few of you can answer my questions.

Whistle bouncing, ok What is this? Weruop told me its like what snake does with the C4 and bounces on the left or right side after a b move, but I have yet to get this right with olimar, if thats what it is anyway. So can someone answer?

Although RB told me about it, i need to clarify something. When Falco CG/spikes olimar would mashing upb work? or does the edgehog come to fast? RB said to DI and SDI towards the stage and ill hit the stage, does that work out all the time? I was screwed over at SCSA 4 by a lame falco CG spiker and id like to not have that happen to me again.

Hm that was less questions than i thought. Any help would be appreciated.

Noa.

Smash Master
This probably shouldve been in the social or FAQ thread.

Anyways

Welcome to the boards.

Whistle bouncing is done in the air, and you press down B and immediately hut the control stick in the opposite way you're moving. You hit the control stick before the animation for the whistle comes out but after your input of down B.

The best way to survive the chainspike is to QCDI onto stage. Mashing UpB is no where near as effective. To learn now to do it, go to the falco thread.

Stitch_Kun

Smash Rookie
thanks for the help :) ill try n practice these things, i dont need to not place again

Top Bottom