• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar Mainers!

Oceanborn

Smash Journeyman
He looks like a bunch of fun and looks like he will be low tier. I want to hurt noob's self estem (The ones that think its the character, not the skill of the player and that the more raw power you have the better) by beating them with a low tier character on wi-fi.
I'd guess mid tier. Some even say TOP due to some of the better 1vs1 vids.

Evi1d33d

Smash Rookie
I'll main Olimar because he's so unique and reminds of Raon from Gunbound. Raon shoots walking mines and destroy anyone who's near :D

Also it looks like Olimar will be less popular compared to some other characters and that's a good thing. This will make Olimar less predictable. It's the same reason I'll avoid Snake since EVERYBODY wants to play him =/

IllidR

Smash Champion
I've seen most of the 1v1 videos, and so far he hasn't won very many of those matches but he certainly contended. I do agree on mid tier though, although he has awesome game all around he's really gimped by his Pikmin Chain recovery.

TheSlyMoogle

Smash Rookie
I predict that he'll be upper tier. He has very good smashes, is good at dealing damage, very safe and good at zoning. Plus a lot of his moves are very safe. Short hop neutral aerial A is amazing. It lasts so long you can start in front of them, and if they shield you can DI through them to avoid the throw, so good.

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
I wanna main Olimar because he just looks like a complex fun character. Other than that, it just means I'll be able to hear the sound of the pikmin ghosts more often.

As for tier, it's hard to say. The game's only been out for a week. I think it will take a lot of play time and more character specific AT's and strategies to be able to develop an accurate tier list. Until then, it doesn't really matter.

icy_icicle

Smash Journeyman
Olimar's range alone is good enough reason for high tier. His F-smashes (except purple) go further than Marth's or Ike's swords, his side-B does incredible damage, which people usually don't even notice...his Nair is great for setting up his Uair, which is incredible...his fairs and bairs are incredible...His grab range is OMFG...

His tether sucks.

That's really his only fault. I came to Brawl thinking I would main Peach because I did in Melee, but I tried Olimar once and was hooked. No one else stood a chance either...except for Crashman's Wario, although that might be since that was my second time ever with Olimar.

He is incredible...nothing else to say...

Rane

Smash Rookie
When I saw the Dojo update for Pikmon & Olimar, I got really excited. I love the Pikmin games, and I eagerly anticipate being able to throw Pikmin at Sonic and Bowser (Just picked random characters. I have nothing against those two).

WCEFan

Smash Rookie
I really loved the Pikmin games and that's why I'll be maining Olimar. As others have said I don't care if he isn't in the top tier as I like the character.

Captain Brawlimar

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'm maining him because I'm such a huge Pikmin fan. But it sounds like he might not be too bad either, so that's cool, too.

But really, even if he sucked, I'd still play as him all the time. If for nothing else but to mess around with his Pikmin. :)

kafke

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to main olimar because he is awesome. I only have pikmin 1, but I plan on getting 2 before brawl comes out. And about where olimar is on the tier list, I hope he isn't top, because then people would play as him just because he is good....

YinYang.ERROR

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to main olimar because he is awesome. I only have pikmin 1, but I plan on getting 2 before brawl comes out. And about where olimar is on the tier list, I hope he isn't top, because then people would play as him just because he is good....

I know what you mean, I think almost all characters are looking like they will be around mid, but there is no telling until everyone gets Brawl and people start developing tactics and advanced techniques.

gamelord723

Smash Rookie
I main with the characters that have changability. Like pokemon trainer who has three diffrent "forms" while samus can change into zero suit samus. Olmar is good because he has 5 pikmin collors and i personally like white because is posions.

Snake King 1

Smash Apprentice
Checking every character for weaknesses, for &quot
I'LL MAIN HIM, BUT ONLY BECAUSE HE LOOKS LIKE THE NEXT MARTH AND I LOVE MARTH.

****, Olimar looks like a combination of my favorite characters in Melee (Peach, Pikachu, and Ice Climbers), so there's no way I can resist. I'm a sucker for any character who only uses minions to fight for him! I honestly hope that he is mid to low on the tier, because it just makes your victories that much sweeter. After playing him, I don't know if this is a possibility, but I will do what I can to make Pikmin & Olimar both a feared and a respected character!
it's so sad because pikming is going to be high tier:)
srry 4 the double post if it is.

Fautor Animus

Smash Cadet
I like him, and while I acknowledge tiers, I've never played on a large competetive scale, and i currently main mewtwo in Melee, cuz I like his moves and the class he brings to the field. Olimar, strikes me as Muhammad Ali, and is ust simply put the character I feel will give me the most satisfaction. I also like his moves, he's just really cool imo. I make it my solemn duty to make sure to beat the people who main him for what tier he is in. This game is made so that people pick characters who reflect them, not who reflects the tier-list, and their chances of winning. For Example, Taj and Mewtwo. (regardless of the fact that he doesn't main him)

Textbook Ninja

Smash Journeyman
Olimar regardless of tier, as following my mindset from melee and I will quote myself "...any character can beat any character, its who is easier to learn, and how the character is played." Ive been maining olimar since a little before the jpn. release when I got my hands on a leaked version. I will definatly say he isnt an easy character to pick up, but thats what makes him a deadly character. The people that do pick him up are putting themselves in the position to make the game more technical and forcing themselves to adapt to a new style of play and a character that needs a constant maintainace throughout the match.

In any case, olimar is awesome, was awesome in the games and thats actually soley why I play him... cause I am a pikmin/zelda fan. Im hoping to contribute a lot to the olimar scene, and Im glad so many people are supporting, playing (or planning on playing) olimar.

Brainslug7

Smash Cadet
olimar is a great character i think, im using him for his dot attacks and because hes soo ****ing small hahaha

InsaneMonkey

Smash Cadet
I will be maining Olimar because he is one of my favorite additions to the roster, and he seems like he very unique and stands out from the crowd.

Hammydude

Smash Rookie
I too will be joining the Pikman fray. Mostly because he seems like a challenging character to master. Many will try, a hand full will be successful. That works for any character. He will be the first character I attempt to main though. Hopefully it all goes well!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
A better question for this topic to ask, is "Who wouldnt main Olimar?" because honestly, whats not awesome about him?

give me a good reason why he's NOT awesome, and Ill sell you cookies.

TrueRedemption

Smash Journeyman
I vanished from the smash scene and quit lurking these boards when i fell out of SSBM almost a year ago, so I had no ties to any character through the whole speculation/revealing process, the first I started getting excited for brawl was the day of the full roster leak when a smash friend of mine linked me it. My initial thoughts went to Marth, my fav and main of SSBM since i had unlocked him 3 days after SSBM's release. Like many here however I absolutely loved Pikmin 1, and after my initial look at the list, Olimer only seemed more interesting the more i read/saw. Especially once videos started showing good use of his moveset and personality, i was completely sold.

To be honest though, while never pro at SSBM i certainly am competative before casual, so the videos somewhat affirming Olimers potential certainly helped me commit to him. Either way even if he proves relatively unplayable I know I will develop olimer no matter if I'm unable to main him, simply out of love for the character. If by some miracle brawl turned out to be 100% balanced, absolutely guaranteed Oli would be the only one for me.

-True

P.S. @ Dorf4ever: An uncontrollable aversion to vegetables, especially ones that stare back.

Faolmor

Smash Rookie
I find Olimar really fun to play in general, especially the havok he causes in Brawl mtches. Decided to main because of all teh characters I sampled, Olimar's taste was the only one that remained :S

Milk

Smash Rookie
I want to main him cause the character's unique fighting style and how pimped out he looks lol, the little space man is so awesome Pikimin! Pikmin! PIKIMIN!!!!! I wanna know more of his combs once I get his moves down to a "T"

BOZO500

Smash Journeyman
I've been planning on maining Olimar since SSBB was announced. Quite frankly, I'd prefer if he was low tier but I'll main him either way simply because I love him and his games.

i agree, low tier! but still pickn him none the less

PikminFTW

Smash Rookie
He's a man the size of a quarter that uses little colored aliens with flowers on their head to attack.
How is that not awesome?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I wanted Olimar in since the 2006 E3 trailer...Since he was confirmed, I'm gonna main him like crazy!

Xenophobe

Smash Rookie
<--- Olimar mainer

Awesome character + not lots of ppl playing him + him being epic win = me maining him

Top Bottom