• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar: Character Discussion Forum

Ulevo

Smash Master
Discussion for Olimar. Anyone can suggest anything for any of these topics, and it'll be noted. Popular suggestions/values will be marked as such. Final values will be determined by popularity, so voice your opinion!

Suggested Offensive Modifications:

Suggested Defensive Modifications:

Default Physics:
SH:
FH:
FF:
DGrav:
Grav:

Physics Changes:

Specific Move Fixes:

Anything else:

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
The only thing I can see is his grab(s) being slowed down to be in line with other tether grabs. He's already really good still, just with crappy recovery.

shanus

Smash Hero
Olimar needs no nerfing, especially to his grab game. He is easily, easily counterpickable in absurd ways. His grab game is his bread and butter. If olimar serves to be OP, which i sincerely doubt, it would be the KBG of his upsmash that should be adjusted.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Olimar needs no nerfing, especially to his grab game. He is easily, easily counterpickable in absurd ways. His grab game is his bread and butter. If olimar serves to be OP, which i sincerely doubt, it would be the KBG of his upsmash that should be adjusted.
Absurd ways? Nothing you can do to him is nearly as absurd as his grab :laugh:. Getting massive damage off of an ultra fast, difficult to punish grab is pretty **** good.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Olimar's grab combo:

dthrow > up smash > up smash > upsmash > uair > jump > fair

This cannot be DI'd out of. It's broken imo.

Revven

FrankerZ
Olimar's grab combo:

dthrow > up smash > up smash > upsmash > uair > jump > fair

This cannot be DI'd out of. It's broken imo.
Have you tried every character? Since you use Fox, it isn't a surprise this can't seem to be escaped (due to his grav). I don't see this working on someone who is especially floaty and isn't a heavyweight but, what do I know?

I'm not sure how you could nerf it if it is really a problem. If you try to give Usmash less KBG, it'll just combo into itself even better at higher percents. If you try to give it MORE KBG, it'll kill even earlier than it does now. If you try to nerf his grab, it ruins his options by a lot, and Olimars NEED his grab afaik.

Wait, can't Uair be SDI'd out of? I KNOW you can SDI out of that! Especially when it's the White Pikmin, Blue Pikmin, and Fire Pikmin. There is no way you should be getting hit by the last hit of the Uair if you're SDI'ing up like Pikachu's Dsmash. Unless it's the Electric Pikmin, I can't see Uair working at all. Though, then again, you're Fox so... it's probably harder to SDI. But I do know you can escape his Uair pretty effortlessly depending on the Pikmin that's out doing it.

I don't really know a way to nerf it, if it is a TRUE combo on half the cast. shanus (being an Olimar main) or AndyG would probably be one of the two to ask about the combo, but shanus is currently away until Sunday. :(

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Have you tried every character? Since you use Fox, it isn't a surprise this can't seem to be escaped (due to his grav). I don't see this working on someone who is especially floaty and isn't a heavyweight but, what do I know?

I'm not sure how you could nerf it if it is really a problem. If you try to give Usmash less KBG, it'll just combo into itself even better at higher percents. If you try to give it MORE KBG, it'll kill even earlier than it does now. If you try to nerf his grab, it ruins his options by a lot, and Olimars NEED his grab afaik.

Wait, can't Uair be SDI'd out of? I KNOW you can SDI out of that! Especially when it's the White Pikmin, Blue Pikmin, and Fire Pikmin. There is no way you should be getting hit by the last hit of the Uair if you're SDI'ing up like Pikachu's Dsmash. Unless it's the Electric Pikmin, I can't see Uair working at all. Though, then again, you're Fox so... it's probably harder to SDI. But I do know you can escape his Uair pretty effortlessly depending on the Pikmin that's out doing it.

I don't really know a way to nerf it, if it is a TRUE combo on half the cast. shanus (being an Olimar main) or AndyG would probably be one of the two to ask about the combo, but shanus is currently away until Sunday. :(
It wasn't me. Dmbrandon was olimar and ether was some other character, probably wolf; i'm not sure. And I don't remember if uair was in the combo. I would say make his grab lag more if missed. A tether grab shouldn't go unpunished. Why does ZSS's grab lag so much while olimar is relatively lag free?

Top Bottom