• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Olimar’s B move has little to NOTHING to do with actual pikmin

senorspoof

Smash Apprentice
The vast majority of movesets I’ve seen give Olimar a B-move of either pikmin plant, Pikmin throw, or Pikmin charge. Yet these people seem to forget the ace in the hole… Kirby! That’s right, the pink puffball will undoubtedly be able to absorb Olimars B-move. However, it would be unfair to give Kirby pikmin plant as his regular B, as then Kirby would be given an entirely new unique factor of play. And since he won’t be given pikmin, Kirbys moves can have nothing to do with the little seed men, whether it be tossing or charging. So then, what may Olimar’s B-move be?

Bitter spray- No knockback, but free damage!
Headbutt- I think you can figure this one out
Whistle-Like a much weaker version of DK’s Final smash

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You know, the Pikmin pulling could very well be his Down B seeing as Link's Bombs and Peach's turpins are also Down B attacks. Most likely he'll have his Rocket Punch for his B move, and that'll be the move Kirby will copy.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Bitter Spray sounds good. You guys remember that flower item on Melee, you hit someone with it and a flower appears on their head and damages them. That could be used for Olimar's moveset, but the flower or w/e is on top of the opponent's head should disappear after a while to balance the move.

Puddin Master

Smash Apprentice
Ah! I see how this can work out now!

B-That spray thing that people are talking about.
Side B-Pikmin Throw
Up B-That rocket people say he has. Maybe a mini version of that rocket flies him up.
Down B-Pikmin Pluck

One of Olimar's taunts-Whistles to have his Pikmin come back.

Gary

Smash Apprentice
After playing melee, it wouldn't feel natural plucking them out with B. But we'd get used to it, I suppose.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I dont see why his B move should be anything but his whistle. It could easily be incorporated and work well with the Pikmin etc.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I could, but then Kirby absorbing him would be utterly useless then

Well, not if the whistle does damage to foes as well, not alot of damage, but still damage, and causes flinching.

mattc1231

Smash Apprentice
i think it'd be cool if kirby could swallow a pikmin and maybe even get a costume. besides taking away a pikmin from him it could make a cool costume (useless though, just for looks)

Most Kirby copy attacks dont really help him out in battle anyways...
You missed the point completely, and that's not even true. With any other character, Kirby can copy their special move and actually use it. With Olimar it would be completely useless if his standard special was Pikmin-related. Sakurai knows that so he wouldn't do that.

Chepe

Smash Lord
You missed the point completely, and that's not even true. With any other character, Kirby can copy their special move and actually use it. With Olimar it would be completely useless if his standard special was Pikmin-related. Sakurai knows that so he wouldn't do that.
I agree COMPLETELY. I said the same thing on other threads on page 2, but people wont listen. They wont give Kirby a form with a nonfunctional B move, so Olimar's B probably wont involve Pikmin whatsoever. Something all fan special movesets must consider is Kirby, but usually they dont...

Watch Olimar's special moves to be revealed soon and if the B move has nothing to do with Pikmin whatsoever, people will be all "Oh, no one thought of it before, but the B move is because of Kirby! Sakurai's a genius!"...

KeasbeyNite

Smash Rookie
I actually believe that Olimar's smashes will be pikmin attacking. "Without Pikmin, Olimar can’t even do a Smash Attack" I got this off the brawl dojo website and it doesn't say anything about not being able to special. I know it may sound stupid but it is a possibility. His B move could be one of the moves stated above.(probably the spray IMO)

Chepe

Smash Lord
Its pretty obvious thats the reason why he cant do smash attacks. It would also help justify the name Pikmin & Olimar, if Pikmin are a necessity for most attacks. Perhaps he WILL have a Pikmin-whip like NyaseNya said...

Chepe

Smash Lord
But then Kirby wouldnt be able to throw anything because plucking Pikmin would be a different Olimar special (down B most likely). Kirby wont have a nonfunctional B move, it would just be bad design...

Dargarian

Smash Cadet
Maybe his normal B could be bomb-rock related, but wouldn't that be a bit repetitive (Link and Snake)

Camera_Guy

Smash Journeyman
When considering Kirby, Olimar's standard-B Move could be... Pikmin throw? Ya! When Kirby uses it he throws a pikmin out of nowhere.

(I only say this because I want the feel of playing Olimar to be similar to playing Pikmin. Just rapidly tap B to keep throwing Pikmin, like in his game except A.)

In Pikmin 2 the nose of the ship disengages to fly around with Olimar. He could use that as his upB.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Why can't it be the whistle for B? Because it requires Pikmin? Steal Olimars pikmin.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it matters whether or not Kirby has pikmin to throw. I would bet if Olimar's neutral B is something like Pikmin Throw, kirby would just throw one, simple as that. Kirby's would just appear from the same place Dedede's waddle dee's come from.

When Kirby copies an enemy's B move, he has all sorts of things that seem to just appear and disappear- swords, bows, laser guns, Toad, etc- so why couldn't he throw random Pikmin?

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
Him randomly throwing a Pikmin that materializes out of nowhere seems logical. Kirby can always make something appear for the sake of his B-move, and it allows Olimar to remain completely focused on Pikmin still. I'd rather Olimar stay completely focused on Pikmin, at least.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Him randomly throwing a Pikmin that materializes out of nowhere seems logical. Kirby can always make something appear for the sake of his B-move, and it allows Olimar to remain completely focused on Pikmin still. I'd rather Olimar stay completely focused on Pikmin, at least.
Once again, I bring up the topic of Pik-Kirbies.

Frogla

Smash Ace
B Move

Whistle

Olimar calls all his Pikmin back to his spot using a a blow of a whistle that surronds a large circular area. And is moveable with the control pad. The longer you hold it and the farther you move it the smaller the whistles area is. Pikmin must be in the circle to be alerted.

But when Kirby uses it. He can use it to call Olimars Pikmin back to him and help the SD themselves. But the Catch 22 is Olimar can blow his Pikmin back once Kirby calls them to follow him.

Revone

Smash Rookie
What about pikmin pluck. Kirby plucks some pikmin out of the ground that do extra smash attack damage, and anything else that they may do passively (like jump infront of attacks like bodygaurds?).

Goat12000

Smash Cadet
You know, the Pikmin pulling could very well be his Down B seeing as Link's Bombs and Peach's turpins are also Down B attacks. Most likely he'll have his Rocket Punch for his B move, and that'll be the move Kirby will copy.
i don't think the rocket punch i that special to be a B i think it would work better as an aaa combo since you only do the rocket punch after you do two other punches.

Top Bottom