• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old VS Video Threads - Cleanup (New Stickied Thread for Versus Match Sharing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Or don't tornado when you're at the edge. What was that, a level 1 CPU?

I always spam A when I'm playing with a friend. And then I press B and when my friend comes toward me and tries to attack, I jump in the air to dodge. It happens EVERY TIME.

...God, I'm such a troll when I play SSB3DS.

Dyz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyz-89
3DS FC
1950-9945-5854
as a person who uses Megaman i cant imagine why ever in his right mind would you use Uair when trying to recover, againts someone who hasnt even jumped towards you to attempt a meteor, its still funny though hehe

BBC7

Smash Ace
One of the worst ways to gimp Mega Man, no Mega in their right mind would U-Air to recover. No player in their right mind would use U-Air to recover, now that I think about it.

EDIT: The guy above me basically said the same thing, didn't see it.

Last edited:

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I'm fairly sure he doesn't actually think it's the best way to gimp Mega Man lol. He just needed a fun way to showcase a pretty silly moment someone had.

Worth the 20 seconds for the laugh.

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
Basically, I plan on uploading every Smash-4 Wii U related video on this thread to keep the public updated instead of spamming on other threads. I apologize in advance if I'm opening this thread on the wrong place as I'm still new to the the Wii U community and I had no luck finding a video section like the 64 discussion(only section I go on this site).

11/20/14 - Update: Currently heading to Midnight Release. Videos should be up and running by 2:00 AM EST.

Last edited:

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
Move this to Smash Bros Videos thread.

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
Videos are up as promised, I hope everyone enjoy watching as much as I did playing. ^^

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
Videos are up as promised, I hope everyone enjoy watching as much as I did playing. ^^

Jsteel3

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jsteel3
3DS FC
1263-6252-1703
In this series I plan to showcase Custom Stages that can be used in Tournaments
I don't just plan on having my own creations I also will be accepting other people's entry and make a video on the best of the best.
Beach Resort
Volcanic Havoc!
Dusty Dreamland

T0MMY

Smash Master
Cool, custom stages look like fun.
But competitive? Not sure what you are saying when stating that. Is there a competition for who makes the more fun stage?

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
But competitive? Not sure what you are saying when stating that. Is there a competition for who makes the more fun stage?
He means stages that could be used in a competitive tournament.

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
I had to leave for a while and uploaded a melee videos eariler yesterday too keep your busy but it didn't get as much views, My apologizes lol

Last edited:

T0MMY

Smash Master
He means stages that could be used in a competitive tournament.
Items, Customization, and ALL stages can be used in a "competitive" tournament, so long as "competitive" is being used in it's broadest definitions.
I think he just needs to define what he means by "competitive" before anyone can accurately answer the question. So I'll let him respond to the question.

Jsteel3

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jsteel3
3DS FC
1263-6252-1703
Yea Im gonna make a video series on the funnest custom stages as well. So if you want to add yours in do so!

Also Competitive means stages that can be used in competitive tournaments.

Last edited:

-Kagato-

The Final Boss
NNID
Kagato_Jurai
3DS FC
0173-1827-3106
Items, Customization, and ALL stages can be used in a "competitive" tournament, so long as "competitive" is being used in it's broadest definitions.
I think he just needs to define what he means by "competitive" before anyone can accurately answer the question. So I'll let him respond to the question.
Ok how about this. These are stages he believe are good enough to be added to the stagelist for an APEX-style tournament setting where the top smash players compete for cash prizes and follow the tournament ruleset.

I don't know how much clearer I can become than this. I know you know what I'm talking about. And if you turn around and say something dumb like 'well technically it's up to the TO whether items and stages are banned' or 'he never gave clarification on the type of competition or tournament' or something like that when it's pretty obvious and plain as day what the hell he's referring to, then you're really reaching just to find a counterpoint for counterpoint's sake.

Jsteel3

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jsteel3
3DS FC
1263-6252-1703
Ok how about this. These are stages he believe are good enough to be added to the stagelist for an APEX-style tournament setting where the top smash players compete for cash prizes and follow the tournament ruleset.

I don't know how much clearer I can become than this. I know you know what I'm talking about. And if you turn around and say something dumb like 'well technically it's up to the TO whether items and stages are banned' or 'he never gave clarification on the type of competition or tournament' or something like that when it's pretty obvious and plain as day what the hell he's referring to, then you're really reaching just to find a counterpoint for counterpoint's sake.
Thank you sir. This is the exact point this thread is about.

Quillion

Smash Hero
We never used custom stages in competitive Brawl, why would we do it in Smash 4?

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
My gosh, It's only been 1 whole weekend since the game came out and yet I've played/ uploaded so many matches it feels like years to me. lol I'm undoubtedly appreciative for everyone that contributived watching my videos. Here's 4 videos to celebrate.

And again I really can't stress this enough. Thank you for the support! ^^

IT FEELS LIKE I'M IN DEBT TO YOU GUYS XD

\\Killer//

Smash Journeyman
My gosh, It's only been 1 whole weekend since the game came out and yet I've played/ uploaded so many matches it feels like years to me. lol I'm undoubtedly appreciative for everyone that contributived watching my videos. Here's 4 videos to celebrate.

And again I really can't stress this enough. Thank you for the support! ^^

IT FEELS LIKE I'M IN DEBT TO YOU GUYS XD

Jsteel3

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jsteel3
3DS FC
1263-6252-1703
We never used custom stages in competitive Brawl, why would we do it in Smash 4?
When we are in an age where people can download 2gbs of data and mod their wii so then there game can be more competitive, and custom characters' specials. Then why not have extra stages that can be used to in a way balance the game in order to add in more stages that and fairly give each character advantages and disadvantages.
Also we could be able without excluding anyone with no modding experience to have these new, or replicated stages in their game with little effort.
We can also do what I did with Dusty Dreamland (recreation of N64 Dreamland) and recreate stages that are not in this game that could still be used for competitive play, (like Yoshi story in melee and brawl, and Fountain of dreams.)

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
When we are in an age where people can download 2gbs of data and mod their wii so then there game can be more competitive, and custom characters' specials. Then why not have extra stages that can be used to in a way balance the game in order to add in more stages that and fairly give each character advantages and disadvantages.
Also we could be able without excluding anyone with no modding experience to have these new, or replicated stages in their game with little effort.
We can also do what I did with Dusty Dreamland (recreation of N64 Dreamland) and recreate stages that are not in this game that could still be used for competitive play, (like Yoshi story in melee and brawl, and Fountain of dreams.)
The Stage Builder is still missing several features that normal stages have. We shouldn't rely on something that's incredibly limited just for the sake of tournaments.

Jsteel3

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jsteel3
3DS FC
1263-6252-1703
The Stage Builder is still missing several features that normal stages have. We shouldn't rely on something that's incredibly limited just for the sake of tournaments.
Please elaborate what are the missing features

T0MMY

Smash Master
And I think you missed the point I made about waiting for him to speak for himself.
I'm more interested in his meanings, as much as you stress the importance of your interpretation of such meanings.

Last edited:

Silic0n

Smash Cadet
NNID
Silic0n
And I think you missed the point I made about waiting for him to speak for himself.
I'm more interested in his meanings, as much as you stress the importance of your interpretation of such meanings.
Considering the fact that Jsteel already said "Thank you sir. This is the exact point this thread is about." I'm pretty sure that means that Kagato's "interpretations" are spot on.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Oh, I missed that since it wasn't a post to me and was ambiguous without looking at the quote.
Thanks for pointing that out.

Edit: No, this doesn't excuse the overall tone of his response, as unfortunate as that is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom