• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old School Revolution- watch it if u havent- R.I.P Mario!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
google video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=9001569238794703205&q=nintendo

http://www.ifilm.com/ifilmdetail/2686716?htv=12&htv=12

Mario is dead. Under the leadership of Halo's Master Chief, Nintendo's two greatest enemies unite in an effort to destroy the divided world once and for all. In a last ditch effort to save the world of Nintendo, Luigi and Link must reunite friends from every generation. Innocence is dead. Let the revolution begin

pure genius, if u havent seen it yet, u must watch it.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Holy frickberries, that was amazing.
Bland voice work, bland animation, bland artwork...but the style...the feeling...it was amazing.

No amount of money can stop a revolution, indeed.
But a lack thereof may end it before it can truly reach its destiny.

This movie made me realize just how much respect I have for Nintendo.
Nintendo STARTED this industry. And they're still around. And many of the people who are happy with what they have now owe it all to Nintendo. Nintendo was the pioneer, and now Sony and Microsoft are reaping the benefits of the trail they have blazed.

That's why Nintendo is starting to blaze a NEW trail. A trail that Sony and Microsoft refuse to follow them down.
Maybe that trail will lead to success, maybe it will lead to failure.

Will the Revolution truly live up to its name, or have we really forgotten 'their people and the old ways'?

Notice how this movie has bland animation, bland artstyle, bland voices...and yet, in having this things, it still has heart. It still has an amazing message. And in doing so, it makes itself an example of the very message it's trying to portray, and it asks us the question: what really matters in our games?

I've been playing Super Mario Bros. 1 and Duck Hunt today, and ya know what?
After TWENTY FRIGGIN' YEARS, those games are STILL fun. I'd rather play them now, after all these years, then a lot of the new stuff out there.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Resident Evil 4 and God of War, but those were games with heart AND gameplay.

Where's the heart in GTA?

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Destiny Smasher, i completely argee with you. thing of a world without nintendo...u cant, it started the gaming industry we know and love. long live the mario brothers!

T.C.A.K.

Smash Rookie
That was very amusing, especially when it played the mario bros game over theme :D

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
RaptorHawk said:
That was cool. I just wish they had a giant battle. That would have been awesome.
yea, i was so waiting 4 a huge battle n stuff :laugh: but the ending is good enough. <3 this portraits nintendo's struggle so well

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
sigh, unfortunately all the video says is true. most games today lack spirit(i dont have a better word). if nintendo ever goes out of buisness, im gonna stop playing gsmes.
ps: is anyone sick of seeing mario die in every gaming movie on the internet?

Rhino4

Smash Rookie
meleeruler i couldn't agree with you more.(But they would have to make it a bit longer) also i made this on Anim8or the other day as a tribute to mario:
It is completly 3D by the way.

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
Wow that looks like alot of hard work was put into it, and it was excellent. Give yourself a good pat on the back.

-SMB

Scyther3176

Smash Apprentice
I think that Microsoft and Sony should just crawl into a hole and die. Best Part: "They killed-a ma brodder"
Nintendo is about gamplay and the feeling you get from the games X-Box and PS3 are basically for graphics and violence, bah you can make a great game without a lot of violence in it; look at Super Mario Bros. Series, Ice Climbers, Animal Crossing, Pokemon,Super Mario Kart, F-Zero, Banko-Kazooie, Donkey Kong Country..the list is endless...

Dark_Ness

Smash Journeyman
Quoted for Truth

Scyther3176 said:
I think that Microsoft and Sony should just crawl into a hole and die. Best Part: "They killed-a ma brodder"
Nintendo is about gamplay and the feeling you get from the games X-Box and PS3 are basically for graphics and violence, bah you can make a great game without a lot of violence in it; look at Super Mario Bros. Series, Ice Climbers, Animal Crossing, Pokemon,Super Mario Kart, F-Zero, Banko-Kazooie, Donkey Kong Country..the list is endless...
QFT.

This HAS to be made into some sort of movie. Think about where it could go.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
oo, watching this after the "revolution" changed it's name to the Wii and eventually came out is kinda wierd

Top Bottom