• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaDesu

Smash Cadet
Hi! I'm KarmaDesu, I mainly go by Kerm now. I've wanted to get into competitive Smash for awhile, but I've always been too nervous. xD I enjoy Melee, Project M, and Brawl. My main in Melee is Ganondorf, for Project M I use Ganondorf, Ike, Mario, and Charizard, and as for Brawl I use Lucario. I play a lot of games, and I have the dream to create some games of my own. I don't know what else to really say, but after a year or so of actually having an account, I can't wait to actually start joining in. :p

Lucain

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lucain24
3DS FC
5386-8461-7107
Hi! I'm KarmaDesu, I mainly go by Kerm now. I've wanted to get into competitive Smash for awhile, but I've always been too nervous. xD I enjoy Melee, Project M, and Brawl. My main in Melee is Ganondorf, for Project M I use Ganondorf, Ike, Mario, and Charizard, and as for Brawl I use Lucario. I play a lot of games, and I have the dream to create some games of my own. I don't know what else to really say, but after a year or so of actually having an account, I can't wait to actually start joining in. :p
You're just like me. Nice to meet ya!

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
YOOO!!! Hi I'm Quinn (Lucain), I'm on various websites such as deviantart, tumblr, and FaceBook. I've been trying to get into the Smash Boards but couldn't do to some weird IP address issue, now I'm here, I'm hype, and very excited to talk about something that we all know and love, Smash!!
I've been a fan for years, been to a few tournaments, organized one myself at a high school event. Now I'm in the mililtary about about to head to Japan soon. I'm VERY excited to get into conversations and such. I know I sound overly excited, but I AM!!! OMG you have no idea how long I've been in the dark about smash....WELL I'll shut up now. XD How is everyone???
G'day. I'm doing well. Carry on, be excited about Smash. :p

Squidberg

Smash Cadet
Hello, I'm Squid. I'm really into smash! I used to chat about it on the first N-Sider forums along with various other games I loved/love. My friends and I love to hold small friendly tournaments for Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee, but there hasn't been a public tournament in my area for a few years. I plan to change that in the next three or four months! Other than that I'm really excited to be here and chat about these awesome games! Let the hype COMMENCE

Lucain

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lucain24
3DS FC
5386-8461-7107
Hello, I'm Squid. I'm really into smash! I used to chat about it on the first N-Sider forums along with various other games I loved/love. My friends and I love to hold small friendly tournaments for Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee, but there hasn't been a public tournament in my area for a few years. I plan to change that in the next three or four months! Other than that I'm really excited to be here and chat about these awesome games! Let the hype COMMENCE
And the hype commences!!!
Who's your main?

Raddison

Smash Rookie
Heythere everyone, the names' Jett, but my IGN is Rad. I've been on the boards since '08 but my old account got lost in the void here so i made a new oneee. Woohoo!~

Anyhow, I haven't really been trying too hard to get into the tournament scene, but this year is going to start it for me. Other than a long story of how i've been playing my whole life, thats pretty much it. ^_^

Minu Euphoria

Smash Rookie
Hiii!

I'm Minu Euphoria! ^^
I never knew that the Smash Bros. series had its own actual website and everything, until I stumbled upon it today! I'm so grateful I did, really.

Well! About myself, I absolutely love the Mario and Zelda series, as well as Fire Emblem!
If it weren't for the Smash Bros series, I wouldn't have discovered all these amazing other Nintendo Video games! <3 Also, I main Peach and Marth in SSBB. ^_^

I'll try my best to be an active user on this awesome website! <3

Lucain

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lucain24
3DS FC
5386-8461-7107
Heythere everyone, the names' Jett, but my IGN is Rad. I've been on the boards since '08 but my old account got lost in the void here so i made a new oneee. Woohoo!~

Anyhow, I haven't really been trying too hard to get into the tournament scene, but this year is going to start it for me. Other than a long story of how i've been playing my whole life, thats pretty much it. ^_^
Good to have you!! ^_^/ nice to meet ya too Cx

Cthulhu

Smash Rookie
Hello, I'm Cthulhu. I can't remember where I initially found the link, but I stumbled upon the Project M website. I watched a few videos, and really enjoyed all the changed to the game I saw.

I'm played Smash ever since the first game came out, and it has been a favorite of mine for a long time. I haven't played competitively, but I've played with people who have.

Aside from that, I enjoy listening to music, and making GFX.

Lucain

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lucain24
3DS FC
5386-8461-7107
Hello, I'm Cthulhu. I can't remember where I initially found the link, but I stumbled upon the Project M website. I watched a few videos, and really enjoyed all the changed to the game I saw.

I'm played Smash ever since the first game came out, and it has been a favorite of mine for a long time. I haven't played competitively, but I've played with people who have.

Aside from that, I enjoy listening to music, and making GFX.
Hi! You seems so cool! What kind of music? O:

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Hiii!

I'm Minu Euphoria! ^^
I never knew that the Smash Bros. series had its own actual website and everything, until I stumbled upon it today! I'm so grateful I did, really.

Well! About myself, I absolutely love the Mario and Zelda series, as well as Fire Emblem!
If it weren't for the Smash Bros series, I wouldn't have discovered all these amazing other Nintendo Video games! <3 Also, I main Peach and Marth in SSBB. ^_^

I'll try my best to be an active user on this awesome website! <3
G'day, welcome to the forums.

Oh yea, it's the same with me too. Before I played Brawl the only Nintendo game I had was Super Mario Brothers on the NES and some Gameboy games; thanks to the Masterpieces I'm getting into the Zelda series and Kirby.

Minu Euphoria

Smash Rookie
Is that so? I only had a N64 and GameCube. Always wanted a GameBoy. :'D

I think the qualities and differences among the characters, is quite appealing. You get closely drawn to some of the characters, and it immediately makes you want to delve into more detail about them.

And that, of course, leads you to a whole other spectacular journey. *sob*

Lucain

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lucain24
3DS FC
5386-8461-7107
G'day, welcome to the forums.

Oh yea, it's the same with me too. Before I played Brawl the only Nintendo game I had was Super Mario Brothers on the NES and some Gameboy games; thanks to the Masterpieces I'm getting into the Zelda series and Kirby.
Man! That's awesome! I've become a better fight because of smash. I'm more patient.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
Shion on the forum, but my real name is Kei.

Been playing smash since the n64 and continued up Til the most recent title.

I always wanted to get a chance to beat the **** out of the pro player 'Ken'.
The dude grinds my gears.

Anywho, I'm a sarcastic, troll-type, goofy mother ******. Nice to meet all of you.

What's going on, ladies?

ChaoTropicChaoTropic

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, ChaoTropic here, (or just Shane), and i'm a newer player from Flint MI! I don't really have many training partners... or ways to tourneys... But im starting to get serious about brawl/PM and wanted to know how a regular guy could into this awesome community and help get it recognized? :p

(Btw, my only training partner is my cousin, whose also serious about PM)

So yea..
hello!

rabbitwanter

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4983-6300-0237
Uhhhh hi friends!!! I have no clue what I'm doing here but my friends showed me this website so yeah!

nClaw

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, um I'm actually not a Smash kid at all, I've in fact never played this game, I am a french Halo kid who never really placed well in tournaments despite I'm sure I had the level to...
I watched like several months ago a documentary about the Street Fighter community, actually they were following a french player named Wolmar (on of the best EU players on Street Fighter II Turbo) through the EVO 2012, and I actually loved it!
Then, like a few weeks ago, a friend of mine, another Halo kid, send me the link on YouTube to The Smash Brothers: Episode 1 - Show Me Your Moves, and said that it was a great documentary about another gaming community.
Actually, this documentary made a point in my mind that I was trying to develop for years. This point is that the gameplay of a game can be a reflect of the personality of somebody (best examples for me are Azen, Isai, M2K and Mango).
And this is what I was looking for by playing video games, just express myself and see how far it can go. Unfortunately, I couldn't seem to grab the chance to do it properly on Halo, first of all because the only competitive gametypes that players respect in terms of skill and results are in 4v4, and secondly because my best placement is 8th on 14 at my first official tournament (meaning "National-Level LAN Tournament") actually (excepted my 5th place finish on 16 during a 2v2 tournament).
I did my best to support the french Halo community (been part of the official french competitive Halo website's staff for a year, organized monthly One Day Cups for another year (my former staff KoTH Cup was the only one doing it in France) and an offline tournament (no the only one we had, but the only one I organized (not only by myself of course) and played in), but they never seemed to be thankful, instead I've been insulted on Twitter several times and attacked in forum posts... so I decided to drop off community management on Halo for a while. Now I'm just helping friends who need a pick-up on their teams whenever, not doing anything serious with Halo anymore.

I just finished The Smash Brother's documentary tonight, and it pretty much stunned me. I mean it's the only documentary in which we can learn about every great figure of the game competitively speaking, and I just loved it, I feel like these guys can be heroes for some people, and I think I'm part of them (people, not heroes, duh).
I've had that feeling on Halo when I watched Zyos play in 1v1 on Halo: CE (by the way he faced french guys two times in the WCG finals), when I saw the OGRE twins play Halo 2, the new Str8 Rippin era on Halo 3 and then Final Boss and the OGREs coming back at the end of 2010, then new solid faces showed up like Formal, RyaNoob, Lethul, Ninja... they took the game to another level and I think they could have deserved a documentary too if the competitive side of Halo had continued in 1 versus 1.
When you play in teams it's just not the same, so much factors are added to the gameplay, communication, support playing, team shot, teamwork, you can't prove your own level by winning a 4v4 tournament, and I'm not saying these gametypes are bad I love them and love everything they taught me, but I think the real way to battle through a tournament, win it and be considered as the best can only be achieved in 1 versus 1.

That's why I really enjoyed my (really) short introduction to the Soul Calibur community, before SC5 was realeased I went to Akire's house (he won the SC5 preview tournament so it was the current best french player at the time) and practiced with a friend of mine named Potemkine. Three other players showed up, Deus (top 8 french player), I don't remember the second guy's name sorry if he reads that, and the third was Scud, actually the 5 times winner of the SC World Cup in teams, and several times winner of the SC World Cup in singles (at least that's what my friend told me I didn't count but he was really one of the really best in the world). Unfortunately we had to leave before we can play him, but my friend practiced a lot against Deus, and I practiced a lot with Akire. First he took Siegfried (my main) and beat the **** out of me, then I kinda got used to his playstyle and he changed character for Mitsurugi (his main). And I actually took a round off him so I was really excited because I had pretty much never played the game before and I was already taking the best french player a round on his main character. I thought maybe he wasn't playing his best, but it may not have been the case because I barely won several rounds after that and I knew I could've won them (making way too much mistakes to beat this level of player).
Unfortunately again, I didn't really continue throughout this way because I was still in Halo and wanted to make my way on this game.

But for now, I have planned to organized small tournaments at my house here and there, monthly I think at first, and not each times on the same game, but Super Smash Bros Melee will be one of those games, among Soul Calibur IV, Mario Kart: Double Dash and Halo 3 (for the most asked games).
And after watching this documentary, I really want to get better at this game especially in 1 versus 1, and prove my real value on a video game. I hope that I'll stick to the game as I stuck to Halo and Soul Calibur, and I hope to be among you guys one day at an EVO event. ^^

Hit me up whenever on Xbox Live to play Halo 3! (my GT: Viable Claw)

Minu Euphoria

Smash Rookie
Shion on the forum, but my real name is Kei.

Been playing smash since the n64 and continued up Til the most recent title.

I always wanted to get a chance to beat the **** out of the pro player 'Ken'.
The dude grinds my gears.

Anywho, I'm a sarcastic, troll-type, goofy mother ****er. Nice to meet all of you.

What's going on, ladies?
Speaking of Ken, where did he disappear to? I haven't heard about him in awhile.

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
He crawled back into the hole where he came from after his defeat
In Vegas, I think.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
Hi there. I've been lurking this forum since before Brawl was released, and I have finally succumbed into joining. All I really want to do is discuss my predictions and dreams for Smash 4, and Smashboards is the best place to do so.

Lucain

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lucain24
3DS FC
5386-8461-7107
Hi there. I've been lurking this forum since before Brawl was released, and I have finally succumbed into joining. All I really want to do is discuss my predictions and dreams for Smash 4, and Smashboards is the best place to do so.
Well then, you came to the right place my friend!

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Man! That's awesome! I've become a better fight because of smash. I'm more patient.
Cool. I'm still a casual player, but recent events forced me to restart my Brawl campaign and I do like to get a more intimate knowledge of the characters and their abilities. I joined SmashBoards in part to learn from the masters when the time comes that I want to get that knowledge and use it in battle.

Lucain

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lucain24
3DS FC
5386-8461-7107
Cool. I'm still a casual player, but recent events forced me to restart my Brawl campaign and I do like to get a more intimate knowledge of the characters and their abilities. I joined SmashBoards in part to learn from the masters when the time comes that I want to get that knowledge and use it in battle.
I joined to meet other fighters like me.
You lost your brawl data too? Just play Project. m yo. ;P

gamebuster

Smash Rookie
i main lucario, toon link and pit in brawl
melee marth , capitan falcon , and falco
64 red kirby
project m lucario marth and soon to be roy

djmac318

Smash Rookie
Sup folks. I play Melee esp with those in my area (shreveport, la), Brawl, and most recently Project M. I like to play casually & competitively. I think i'm a decent enough player and would like to play online with some people. So hit me up.

Schoo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4811-7465-8082
Hey. I'm Schoo. I play a plethora of games, which, of course include all of the games in the Smash Bros. franchise. I won't be able to play Smash with anyone here until Smash Bros. 4 comes out, because I committed the mortal sin of gifting my RIVAL (Niko Mar) my only remaining copy of the game. Sometimes I join tournaments, and just come up short of winning the grand prize, thanks to said RIVAL. My main goal and ambition in playing Smash Bros. is to have fun, playing against people with a relative skill level to mine. (Since, you know, it's funner when you have a chance to retaliate.) I usually only play the game casually, but if there is food or money involved, I crush all who stand between me and my goal. (♥ω♥ ) ~♪

Henrik Lagerholm

Smash Cadet
Hi guys,
I'm a fairly new Smash player from Sweden with the nickname Nacon, who mostly plays Melee and 64. I saw this forum and thought it would be a great source for developing further skills in the games. And thus i joined! My main in Melee is Peach and in 64 it's Fox. Though i've been training Melee by myself for the most times on emulator (Working on getting a legit copy), i caught up several peach tricks while playing at conventions here in Sweden and so i became really interested in the competitive scene of smash and moved on to learn about L-cancel, wavedash etc etc and using them in practical situations.

The mechanics, the high pace and for the thrill of getting that perfect combo, is why i play this game.

Hope to learn more from this place :).

EDIT: Is there a way to change your name on the forums? Would really like to change it.

Malion

Smash Ace
Malion here... mal for short.

I should have introduced myself sooner, I'm already tearing it up all over the place clearly. lol

Well hi I've been viewing the boards a while, mostly eyeing the Project M boards but I like all Smash... I'm not exactly a master or anything but I play well against my friends at least who are equally not masters.

I'm big on photoshopping and design but I've never tried actually hacking anything myself... probably couldn't pull it off without training.

Hope I become a... uh... valued member? Is that something I could be? Eh worth a shot regardless looking forward to talking Sm4sh with all of ya'll for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom