• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alegria

Smash Rookie
Hello all. I go by Alegria and I am very new to the smash scene! I have a friend who reintroduced smash to me a few months ago but I am still learning the ropes. I'm excited to meet all of you and I look forward to hopefully playing some of you soon!

pooch182

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-3177-9014
Hey everyone! You can call me Pooch, and I'm newer to the competitive side of smash. I've played 64 and Melee for years, but never on such a level that required so much precision and skill. As far as tourneys, I've never been to any, but I'm looking for a locals to play at on weekends in the suburbs of Chicago, where hopefully I can meet some of you and get into the community a bit more. I appreciate what this forum is, and I hope I can give back through advice and monetary support as I grow as a player and community member.

Omegasamurai

Smash Rookie
Heyo guyz

I'm Omegasamurai.
Omega or オメガ for short.
I played melee and then brawl for a long time. Pretty recently (like 5 months ago) I started getting back to playing melee, and now I'm trying to move from being an okay casual player to being an okay competitive player. =P

West coast SoCal, over here.

DJ_Goggles

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1977-1146-8330
Heeeeeeeelllllooooooo Smashboards!

My name is Kit but my tag is Goggles. Nice to meet all of you.

I'm a smasher and up and coming TO in the Pittsburgh area. I've played Melee since the beginning but have been a casual player up until about a year ago.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Hey Smashers.
I'm RouffWestie, just Westie for short. I play Brawl & Melee casually, but I love being a spectator at competitive events.

RomaD

Smash Rookie
You can just call me Rome. Lived in Italy most my life now I live in Las Vegas.
Love n64 smash, melee, and brawl is occasionally fun.
Been playing for a long time, and can't wait to go to more and meet more smashers

scionix

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, name's Will. Would love to get back into Melee, anybody in the Austin, TX area please hit me up! Would love to host some guys at my place and start meeting new people.

SuperGamecube64

Smash Rookie
I came to sign up for this site, and saw that my usually tag was taken. Realized I must have signed up before, and just logged in with what I assumed my password was. I'm from Virginia and I do some work for a metal venue and gaming league, however we lost our venue recently. We will be doing some gaming tournaments still. The last time we did a Smash tournament, turnout was somewhat low, with only 12 entrants and only 1 of them was an out-of-towner. I figured Smashboards would be the best place to give attendance a boost next time.

Moneypants

Smash Rookie
Howdy y'all.
Name's Moneypants, and I'm basically half-broke :3
I recently got back into Melee after a looooooong hiatus and I've started to improve on my techniques (back then, I didn't know jack squat about wavedashing, L-cancelling, etc).
I did once prioritize Brawl over Melee, but after watching many many bits and pieces of some Melee tourneys this year and after getting bodied HARD at a local Brawl thingy, I decided to put Brawl on the shelf for a while and pick Melee back up.
I'm still basically free, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it again and I try to put up a fight sometimes :3
Happy Smashing!

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Hey everyone!

I'm EdgeTheLucas, a big Mother/EarthBound fan. I like using advanced techniques in Melee and Project M, even if I'm not actually pro or anything :p I was introduced to Smashboards through Project M (which, in turn, I learned about from IGN, not that IGN is a good site but my favorite people from the now defunct 1UP.com have moved there, so that increased its credibility for me). So, Project M is where I'll be spending most of my time.

Cantrick

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone!
I'm Cantrick. I've been playing Smash since Smash 64, and love every second of it. I've only ever played casually and have recently decided to attempt Melee on a more serious level.
While my current goals are to just absolutely dominate my friends, I'd love to play with people around my area, no matter the skill level, to learn and develop as a player.
So if anyone is attending CMU or near Mount Pleasant, MI...hit me up!

And if anyone has any tips for a new serious melee player, message me! I'm always interested in getting better!

Smythe-Higgins

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone! My name is Smythe-Higgins, a Smasher from northern Illinois. While I have a strong preference for Melee, I enjoy all three games, and have been playing since Smash first came out... Though you couldn't tell by my skill. :p I'm here to develop my skills and play some people outside of my university's Nintendo Club! I hope to see you all around!

Magi_

Smash Apprentice
Sup guys, I go by Magi_, got Brawl on release date, played Melee really badly before then, and downloaded Project M 3 days ago. I've been a fan of smash ever since I got my hands on melee for the first time, and I've played it on and off for a while, always on a casual level. 2 years ago I tried getting into competitive brawl, practice with a few friends, entered my first tournament, and got absolutely BODIED. I got discouraged and stopped trying to play, but when I was watching Evo this year and seeing Top 8 of Melee, I got the motivation again and started getting the interest back. Didn't do much though, until I finally got Project M. Ever since then, I've been practicing Wave Dashing, L-Cancelling, and all that other stuff. Still a big scrub though, but I'm willing to learn. Hopefully I'll be able to play in tourneys and not get knocked out of losers round 2 soon, but that's if my area (Baton Rouge, Louisiana) even has Project M tourneys :p.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to actually trying to get invested into this game and community!

UR Lunchbox

Smash Rookie
Hey guys Im UR Lunchbox, Iv been playing melee ever since I was a kid (now 18) I never really got a chance to play competitively because of my age and
Aclpro (the biggest league in AUS) dropped Super Smash. So here i am trying to live out my dream of becoming pro at melee.

Where is the best place top post for Australian Melee?

DoubleDragon

Smash Rookie
Howdy. I am new to the boards here. I don't remember when I started playing Smash, but I was never into the comp scene. I mostly play Bowser and when I am not playing Smash I am mostly on Steam.

4TZN 210

Smash Rookie
Greetings from San Antonio, Texas! Call me crazy, but I believe that the Smash scene can be revived and come back stronger than ever :)
I'm excited about the idea and think given the technology and networking we have available, we can start a revolution.
It may seem like a long shot, but anything is possible with hard work!

Until then, I'll be here learning from the OG's and contributing whenever I can!
Anyone interested in possibly organizing a Smash event in the area (or anyone willing to travel), please DM me.
I have a handful of homies that are itching for some new Smashers to practice with.

paperkilledrock

Smash Rookie
My name is paperkilledrock and i'm awesome at Brawl. I used to be good at Melee, but unfortunately, the game disc was torn up pretty badly. I'm a newbie to this site and hoping to learn lots more. I like to rate my favorite characters from best to worst. My #1 favorite is Lucario from Brawl because Pikachu is no match for him in my opinion. And my least favorite is Snake. Snake should kick rocks. XD

Makuta

Smash Rookie
Well...hey guys, you can call me makuta. I'm from Long Island, New York and I play Project M and Melee. More Project M since I can't find my melee disk :( . Anyway, I would consider myself....decent and I would like to get better at smash in general and possibly go competitive with it.

hojoko

Smash Rookie
Hi Guys! I'm Ahmed and I play Project M, Melee, and Brawl with friends only.
I am relatively new to Smash, I got Brawl in 2009 but switched to Melee after about 2 years. I play Marth exclusively in Brawl and only play Brawl when a friend challenges me. In Project M and Melee I play Falcon, Falco, Marth, and Fox. I play Marth much better than I play Fox but I like to consider myself a Fox main because I am currently learning Fox and not Marth. I am decent at smash but would like to get better and start to place decently at small tournaments.

Respectre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1436-0975
Hello, everyone. I'm Respectre (Better known as DeNin from other forums, if anyone recognizes that name.)

I've always had an interest in competitive gaming, particularly fighters. I'd love the chance to train in Project M, Melee (traded in mine, dumb decision), and even 64. I'd love the chance at playing professional Smash, but to do that, you need friends to play with. Big reason I'm here is to make some friends in my area (Arlington, VA) and in the smash community and eventually get to attend some events in person. It's time I put myself out there and that's what I intend to do.

Sensei Saint

Smash Rookie
I'm not new to Smash, but I've been playing for as long as I remember. I'm very new to the competitive scene, but after watching the Smash documentary it was about time for me to make a transition. That's right a transition. I used to be an old Halo 3, Reach, and 4 competitive player. I've been to plenty of MLG events, and I thought it was about time to branch out to something new. I've always enjoyed fighting games as long as I can remember, but I never really have gotten into them. I pretty much run the whole Memphis, TN competitive Halo community, and I was actually looking for people in the TN area to play Smash with, preferably Melee. If anyone knows of players around that area, send them to me please!

Anyways yeah glad to be a part of such an interesting community, and I hope I can contribute in some way.

And yes my avatar is me photobombing a proposal at a Halo event. #swag

Mr. Fox

AKA Shiro
NNID
ShiroTagachi
Hey, I go by Shiro. I've been stalking these forums for a while now, but finally decided to make an account. I'm looking to meet competitive players in my area (Utah) and become more skilled. I main Ike in Brawl and DK in P:M. Thanks :)

hazmanaz

Smash Cadet
hey people, i'm hazmanaz. i've been playing seriously for a year, going to tourneys and the such. gotten much better over this last week.

smooder den butter on cream cheese soop

Phyznix

Smash Rookie
Heyo everyone i'm Phyz, I played competitive brawl for a little while but went on an hiatus for a few years.
Looking to get back into the scene especially with smash 4 coming out.

Lucain

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lucain24
3DS FC
5386-8461-7107
YOOO!!! Hi I'm Quinn (Lucain), I'm on various websites such as deviantart, tumblr, and FaceBook. I've been trying to get into the Smash Boards but couldn't do to some weird IP address issue, now I'm here, I'm hype, and very excited to talk about something that we all know and love, Smash!!
I've been a fan for years, been to a few tournaments, organized one myself at a high school event. Now I'm in the mililtary about about to head to Japan soon. I'm VERY excited to get into conversations and such. I know I sound overly excited, but I AM!!! OMG you have no idea how long I've been in the dark about smash....WELL I'll shut up now. XD How is everyone???

Lucain

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lucain24
3DS FC
5386-8461-7107
Hello all. I go by Alegria and I am very new to the smash scene! I have a friend who reintroduced smash to me a few months ago but I am still learning the ropes. I'm excited to meet all of you and I look forward to hopefully playing some of you soon!
One of these days, yeah we could get in a battle or two.

Tonberry Queen

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2251-3917-8496
Um, hi. I am Tonberry Queen, though I also go by Tardisntimbits and Gallifreya, depending on what I am up to. I've been playing games for longer than I care to admit in my intro, however, I've been playing Smash since 64. I like anime, a lot of other different games (used to play a lot of online games, only active on FFXIV right now), and sci-fi, especially Doctor Who. I'm not a competitive Smasher, but I hope I can find a place here, since I love the games. :pikachu64:

Lucain

Smash Rookie
NNID
Lucain24
3DS FC
5386-8461-7107
Um, hi. I am Tonberry Queen, though I also go by Tardisntimbits and Gallifreya, depending on what I am up to. I've been playing games for longer than I care to admit in my intro, however, I've been playing Smash since 64. I like anime, a lot of other different games (used to play a lot of online games, only active on FFXIV right now), and sci-fi, especially Doctor Who. I'm not a competitive Smasher, but I hope I can find a place here, since I love the games. :pikachu64:
You came to the right place!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom