• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sozen the Phoenix

Smash Cadet
Sozen the Phoenix. Can call me Sozen. I'm really only into melee, but I'm starting to get into Project M and the original. I live in Connecticut and I am in the process of building a pro level scene around UConn. If you live in the area feel free to message me. We run monthlies. Oh, and I main Marth, Fox, and sheik for the most part. Haven't decided which one to put most of my effort into yet. Favorite pro is probably M2K. His videos were my introduction to competitive smash.

Icemanx5746

Smash Apprentice
Sup? I'm Iceman, I'm from Michigan, I've been a part of the Midwest Brawl scene for a few months now, and just now bothered to make a Smashboards account :p
I main Marth, with ZSS and Olimar as secondaries, and I've entered a few tournaments now, and am focused on improving.

Quantamblack

Smash Rookie
HI HI. I'm Quantam Black.<------(Explins my race) Anyways I'mNew here and would le to say hello to you all. I'm into smash Bros brawl and my fav characters to use hae to be 1.Ness 2. Lucas 3. zelda/sheik 4. Zero suit samus 5. and Jigglypuff(sometimes Pikchu and Ike). I lve in Newyork and I honestly on't know ow well of a player I am but I'm glad to be here. I'de like to lay with you guys some time.

Sepulcher

Smash Rookie
Hello. I am a long time smash bros. veteran. (I've been playing smash bros since the first game) I enjoy playing Brawl competitively and I main several characters including Link, Falco, and Marth. I am a good sport, therefore, losing doesn't bother me. I use my losses to determine what I need to improve. I will also be at this year's MAGFest 2014 tournament. I have been undefeated except for one person where I live, but even with that guy, we are almost an even match. I hope to meet and duke it out with many people sometime. If anyone wants to add me on Brawl, message me your friend code and I'll send mine. Hope to enjoy my time here. :)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hello all newcomers, and welcome to Smashboards, where following the White Rabbit will result in grape jam on your nose. Some of you might notice a change of design to the site, while others won't notice at all (those who have never been to Smashboards). In either case, the site is still the same, but with a better look. Old news aside, if you're feeling the need to improve your characters and skills, visit the character specific boards in the Smash 64, Melee and Brawl section respectively. Want to speculate on various things in the upcoming Smash game for the Wii U and 3DS? Visit the Smash 4 boards and discuss away. If you aren't in the mood for anything Smash-related, check out the Pool Room and discuss various topics not related to gaming. If you're a Premium Member, there's also the Disco Room were you can really cut loose and post just about anything (Global Rules still apply). If you have any questions, or are lost, do not hesitate to ask a moderator or a member of the Itty Bitty Welcoming Committee for assistance. Until then, we hope you all enjoy your stay here at Smashboards, and please pay no mind to the occasional troll. Also, do not respond to any spam/advertisement thread (report them instead). Finally, please keep your belongings secure, as Smashboards are not held responsible for lost or stolen items.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Howdy! I've been lurking Smashboards for years but never really felt I had anything to post of importance (I ate *****, omnomnom). I made my account a couple years ago and now I'm actually getting around to posting, lol. :>

I main Captain Falcon, sometimes Marth, Mario or Young Link. I've been playing Smash since I can remember and first really got into the tourney scene when Brawl came out at my local library. I dropped Brawl ages ago and went back to Melee for what I feel are obvious reasons. The only real tourney I've been to for Melee were the regionals last year at GameClucks. I got ****ing **** ON and I loved every minute of it, I got a LOT better in one day than I did in months.

I went to the opening of Super Smash Arcade in Tacoma a couple days ago to play some friendlies and had a lot of fun. It's really the only real place I can get to that's close to me since I have to take the bus from Federal Wayish and have no car.

I plan to become the best Falcon there is, and in Pink so I'll see you all at the top. ;)

Phill Vance

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, my name is Phill and I'm just getting interested in the technical side of the smash games. I come from a Capcom background (Street Fighter and Marvel) and after seeing a video called "The Street Fighter's guide to Smash" I've gotten interested in the game competitively. I've always played the games with friends since the first game, but I never knew it was so in depth and technical. Right now I'm looking for someone to point me where to go in these or other forums to get started understanding competitive play. Thanks

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Hey guys, my name is Phill and I'm just getting interested in the technical side of the smash games. I come from a Capcom background (Street Fighter and Marvel) and after seeing a video called "The Street Fighter's guide to Smash" I've gotten interested in the game competitively. I've always played the games with friends since the first game, but I never knew it was so in depth and technical. Right now I'm looking for someone to point me where to go in these or other forums to get started understanding competitive play. Thanks
Welcome! I was actually just watching that video a couple days ago, personally I started playing Fighters on Virtua Fighter 1 and 2 and I played a little MvC2 which I loved. I've never really liked to play SF though, but after watching the video my interest was also peaked, I just don't have the game or friends who play it sadly.
There are a ton of resources for Melee, both in Wiki and on these forums. Googling does help too ofcourse. For the most part I stick to using the search bar on this site. However if you want a list of some technical stuff you can take a look here on the wiki.
Personally playing with the debug menu has helped me a lot to understand the mechanics of the game by looking at the hitboxes of each move, if you have an Action Replay for the GC you can get a code to turn it on but since getting a Wii I've been using a custom version of a Melee ISO that I put together with the help of this topic. Now I have the debug menu built into the game.
Welcome to the community!

ichivictus

Smash Rookie
Hey I'm Ichi and I've recently started playing brawl. I'm absolutely loving MK and G&W. I'm hoping I can learn more about the competitive scene here and get better so once SSB4 comes out I might enter the competitive scene myself. Not sure how big it is around the Northwest but I'm sure it exists. See ya around!

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Hey I'm Ichi and I've recently started playing brawl. I'm absolutely loving MK and G&W. I'm hoping I can learn more about the competitive scene here and get better so once SSB4 comes out I might enter the competitive scene myself. Not sure how big it is around the Northwest but I'm sure it exists. See ya around!
I'm not sure where you live in the NW, but I live in WA and the local libraries hold Brwal friendlies once a week on specific days. They also have tournaments every couple of months, so be sure to check in with the libraries.

bbalcrazy92

Smash Rookie
hey guys i just became a member!
started playing PM a few days ago and i absolutely love it! i love having to learn new characters and mastering the moves etc... WAY more balanced than brawl too =]
can't wait for the other characters to be in ^^

ichivictus

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure where you live in the NW, but I live in WA and the local libraries hold Brwal friendlies once a week on specific days. They also have tournaments every couple of months, so be sure to check in with the libraries.
Cool. I'm in Vancouver, WA which is right by Portland, OR. I'll have to check in with the libraries. Also just realized my college has a competitive gamers club. Thanks!

D

Deleted member

Hello! I'm Violetlinked. I'm a 16 year old programmer, artist, designer, and more.
I'm currently working on many other projects and I've found Smash bros to be a great side hobby.
One of the games I helped work on, Rush Bros, Is coming to steam May 24th, so check that out!

melody9195

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone I'm Melody. My first smash bros game was Melee, which I played when I was really young with my friends. I've been playing Brawl since 2008 and I've always loved it! My mains are Marth, Wolf and Toon Link and I love to play online so if you want to exchange friend codes let me know...Anyway I'm happy to join here and looking forward to talking to you guys.

Mkan

Smash Rookie
NNID
AssertivePenguin
3DS FC
2535-3815-4887
I joined the forums because I enjoy playing Smash and I hope to improve my skills by getting some practice in with people in the community. I dislike Brawl, but I love Melee and what I've played of Project M. Smash 64 is pretty fun as well, but I'm not serious about it in the slightest. But yeah, hopefully I can meet some people and play some Smash.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Hello everybody. New to Smashboards here. I will admit that I have been out of the Brawl/Melee scene for quite awhile because of personal and professional reasons, but I am back to playing competitively and I thought that there is no better competition than Smash Boards itself. Anyways, I'll be more than open to play anytime you wish. Just give me a time to do so because I'm not ALWAYS free. I will be ready to admit that I am not the best Smash Bros player, so I am more than willing to accept any pro tips and practice from anybody here in the commune should you wish to help me. Sooooo, yeah. Hope to see you all soon.

KeyOfTruth

Smash Apprentice
My names KeyOfTruth, Key for short. I've been playing smash since the 64 days and I've always looked at it as more of a fighting game than a party game.

Like many, Project M caught my attention and I immediately made the switch.

I love to discuss opinions and I try to stick to facts as often as possible.

I look forward to SSB4 and I hope it's nothing like brawl.

Guts+Gore=Yesh

Smash Rookie
Hello! Guts has arrived! Well I love Super Smash Bros and always have ever since melee came out when I was 5 or 6....
Well anyway I don't think I would go as far as PRO but I've got some skill and can beat (Just about) anyone at my high school so... yeah.
My main would definitely be Samus. I trained with her my whole smash experience. Then, since I LOVE Zelda games, I second as Link/Young Link.
So yeah just found this site a few days ago and decided to post this.
I've NEVER been to a legit tournament ever so hit me up, I need to try one out! XD
Oh yeah, preferably Melee btw... Sadly my Wii is broken so I can't play Brawl.. :/
Looking forward to challenging you all!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hello, all newcomers, and welcome to Smashboards, where gold coins are made of plastic as a result of being based on real gold coins. Glad we can have you on board. As you all might have already guessed, this is by far the largest community for anything Smash Bros.. With that, you will come across all kinds of players, from novices to high level pros. Most people you meet here are nice, so making friends here is easy enough. If you wish to improve your game, feel free to ask for advice in the character-specific boards, or in the metagame discussions. If you're not feeling like a Smash Bros. mood, you can always visit the Pool Room for discussions unrelated to Smash Bros., or the Light House to discuss video games not named "Smash Bros.". If you ever get lost finding something, feel free to ask a Moderator, Super Moderator, Administrator, or member of the Itty Bitty Welcoming Committee. Until then, we hope you all enjoy your stay. Pay no mind to the occasional troll, and do not respond to spam/advertisement threads (report them instead). Also, please keep your belongings secure, as Smashboards are not held responsible for lost or stolen items.

AdahyBearclaw

Smash Rookie
I'm so new here it's hilarious. I feel like a scrub. -_- ANYHOO, name's Adahy. I hail from Michigan (the state the looks like a mitten!) and I'm just beginning to interact with people about Smash Bros. online. Unfortunately, where I'm from, it's not a very talked about game. I have only won one tournament and it was between semi local players in the area. Some came from as far as Mackinaw so.....yeah I should have my friend code and other info up shortly, but I would thoroughly enjoy facing someone new. I've seen some players on Youtube fight and it got me interested. So I'm ready for a challenge. :)

Sun-Wukong

Smash Journeyman
Howdy. I haven't been on here in forever and I don't know if any of my acquaintances are still around, so I may as well re-introduce myself to the new folks who don't know me. And the old folks who never knew I existed, while I'm at it.

Brujo

Smash Rookie
HI. The name is Justin. I play brawl a few times a week with my friend mike. I play Marth, Kirby, Olimar, Zelda, Lucas, and DK on occasion. I am down to play just about anytime

Eviltomb

Smash Rookie
hello, I found smashboard a while ago, made a account and forgot about it. in game i main Ike, Marth, and Link. I like swords, clearly.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I'm God Robert's Cousin.

I really don't know what else to say since I honestly doubt anyone cares of what the newest average joe has to say about themselves.

Unless they're the new newest average joe, in which case, why the hell do I matter anymore?

Zomgbrawl

Smash Rookie
Hey all! Lurker for a little while, finally decided I'd participate :p
I've been playing smash since the good old 64 days, have loved each one so far (Brawl is my favorite thus far, but I love em' all). Would consider myself a decent player, more of a casual-competitive type (meaning I'm confident that I'm good and play to win, but I don't expect to win or even place in any kind of tournament any time soon :dizzy:). Would love to meet some folks here to get my brawl on either online or in person since I just moved and lost my only smash buddy. :sadeyes:

Uranium235

Smash Cadet
Ive been looking around on this site for a while, and havent gone on the competitive scene or anything yet, so i figure the best way to start was create an account. I mostly play melee, havent played the others in a while and try to be creative with the game. I main falcon, but like most i am also very good with fox, who happens to be my favorite character in smash. Im trying to find some lower tier characters to use and am currently trying to get good at bowser. I will probably be a bit biased, but i think he has some potential. Either way, this is my first post and im very excited to be here!

elbaf

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5086-1443-6579
I've been lurking for a while, but have never really posted before. I mainly play Smash for fun, but I go to smaller local tournaments whenever I can. I mainly play Brawl because it's easier to find other people to play, but I prefer Melee. In Melee I main Yoshi with Peach as my secondary. In Brawl I main Peach with Mr. Game & Watch as my secondary.

NoDes

Smash Cadet
Hello~. My name is Noel!
I love Smash Bros to death, but the thing is I don't have any systems... that's my biggest downfall at getting better. I'm certainly not the best but I try hard. Also don't have a computer so I'm really limited...
I'm also super interested in hacking textures, characters,and stages.

I also draw. Pencil and paper and ink. I can only uses software if I have the privilege. I'm open to the idea of sketch commissions. I'll draw anything really, no restrictions.

I'm interested in Let's Playing as well.

Gamer tags "NOPE" for Melee and "NoDes" for Brawl.
Peach, Zelda, Sheik, and Lucario are the characters I'm learning.

See you guys around!

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Hey, I'm Daveman.

I've been playing Smash since I was 6 years old, starting with the original N64 Super Smash Bros. My favorite Nintendo series are Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, F-Zero, Fire Emblem and Metroid.

My tag is DAVE in both Melee and Brawl

Mains are Snake, Lucario and Marth.

I'm currently busy with work, but I'll post my FC if I get the chance. Also excited for the new smash

Evyl

Smash Rookie
Soooo... finally took some time and looked in to the online community for Smash Bros. Gotta say, it didn't take long to find this place ;)

I'm Sean, or Evyl, whichever works.. I've been playing SSB casually for... near the release of the original actually. My first system was N64 and SSB was easily my favorite game. Unfortunately I never had a game cube (i know... life sucked) and i missed out on the entire Melee era, and now that I'm addicted to Brawl i can't seem to give it a fare chance, but anyway...

As far as 'me' is concerned, I'm a community college student/part time cashier. In to all sorts of nonsence. Video games include the obvious SSBB, pkmn Black2, Forza4 (five looks amazing and i cant wait), but not much else until i get my new computer. I also enjoy screwing around with the pokemon TCG, Yu gi oh, and recently i've given magic a chance.

I've never been a competitive level player due to lack of resources but i'm a very competitive person and im finally attempting to further my skills. My main at the moment is ZSS, working with Pikachu and Lucario however as secondaries.

That's all for now i suppose and i look forward to making some friends and progressing as a player :)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wow.

Been a while. I was around during the development of Brawl and was there for a majority of the madness. Guess I am back now. The look of the place has changed so much that I don't even know where to begin anymore. I look forward to following Smash 4's reveal and development like before.

Garioshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Garioshi
3DS FC
2793-1760-2194
Hi, my name's Joseph. I'm from Virginia, where there are absolutely no Brawl tournaments whatsoever. Anyway, I've been playing Super Smash Bros. since 2004.
Yeah, I am extremely good with EB characters, despite some slight spam. My Brawl FC is 0174-6214-8103, add me!

TheJackal

Smash Rookie
Hey. I just started playing Brawl again after being away for a few months. I've been lurking this site for quite awhile and decided to actually sign up.
I started with SSB for N64, and don't have a GameCube, so I never was part of the Melee scene. I haven't done any tournament play, although I'm open to it. Right now, I play with whoever is interested as I try to improve. I primarily use Lucario, although I dabble with Yoshi (my favorite from N64), Fox, and King Dedede. I've tried using Snake because he's just a cool character, but I really suck with him.

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
Zomg, Garioshi, The jackal and all other brawl players, if you're looking for an online brawl with other players, then come to the smashboards arena, located in the welcome center. There are ppl there who would be willing to brawl with you anytime.

Volodya

Smash Apprentice
So, um, hey. I haven't joined a forum in forever, and every now and again I think it'd be a good thing to try one again. That happened again about an hour ago, and since I'm kind of hyped about the new Smash Brothers being announced... I thought I'd give here a shot? I'm not sure how long I'll stay, how dedicated I'll be, etc. These days I'm not too much into video games.

But I'll try! I like playing Brawl with my friends occasionally, and there's this group of people I know in college (tangentially) that practically worships Melee. I used to play each of the games all of the time at some point though. Those are pretty much my bona fides. As a side note, I totally used to go on the original Nsider all the time when Brawl was being developed, and I'd debate all kinds of stupid stuff about what would get in. And I've browsed this place a little bit; that spirit is quite alive today.

I'll probably join.

TerraRizerKing

Smash Cadet
Yo name is terra. I had a different account many years back but didn't use it all to much and decided to get a fresh name and fresh start. Especially since the new smash bros is being announced and were getting some footage the boards will be bustling with action.

Nice to be back into the smash scene.

Sashimi

Smash Ace
Hello everyone! I'm PerhapsMan, an Ottawa-based Brawl player (although I do enjoy the occasional Melee or 64 game too) who mains Diddy Kong. I'm hoping to attend Impulse this year, and get in on the tournament scene before the next Smash Bros game is revealed!

RavenKingSage

Smash Journeyman
The most corrupt country ever, except most others.
So I already posted in the great big poll thread and got into some discussions already, and the YouTube based specs already know me, but I'm RavenKingSage, a member as of yesterday! :)

I support Nintendo and Sony, but not Microsoft. My favorite franchises are Fire Emblem, Zelda, Metroid, Pokémon, and of course, Super Smash Bros. I do speculation on YouTube with a channel with the same name!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom