• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old M&G - Now you may make your own intro thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
What I think personally isn't some absolute law, Muhti.

Ruigi

Smash Rookie
Hello

Hi im Ruigi and im (don't be racist) Japanese, so i made my name a Japanese pun on Luigi, since i mostly play him. Some times I play Marth. I'm a SSBB player. I'm a slightly depressed dude, so I really don't care if someone insults me (not that im asking you to). I am a HUGE fan of Mario, Metal Gear Solid, Pokemon, and a bunch of other stuff. So um, hope im welcomed.:awesome:
(you guys seem awesome so I'm 99.9 % not worried)

Muhti

Turkish Smasher
WOOOOOT!!

I got this one. We're getting more Weegee mains by the day!

Welcome Ruigi to SmashBoards! We're arent racist so have no worries. (except for trolls , just report them)

I am also a Luigi main and I love Mario and Pokemon too! (I think most do....)

Here are some links for your guidance:

Luigi Boards

Marth Boards

Enjoy your stay here and I can't wait to do some dittos with ya!

Shirekeldeo7

Smash Cadet
Hello my name is Anthony i do like Super Smash Bros and i like horses

Posted from Smashboards.com App for Android

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
Double Helix here. I am mostly looking for Melee smashers in the southern Illinois area. I would like to go to a few events just to see how I stack up (probably not too well) mostly because I love the game. I just joined a few weeks ago, but I have visited the site plenty before. I main Ness. The articles on him are (as in the title of the article) super long. Oh well. I have ganon as a secondary. Again...I would like to play someone in my area sometime.

ndayday

BRoomer
Hello my name is Anthony i do like Super Smash Bros and i like horses

Hello Anthony who lives Smash bros. and horses!

Posted from Smashboards.com App for Android
Hello Anthony who likes Smash bros. and horses!
Double Helix here. I am mostly looking for Melee smashers in the southern Illinois area. I would like to go to a few events just to see how I stack up (probably not too well) mostly because I love the game. I just joined a few weeks ago, but I have visited the site plenty before. I main Ness. The articles on him are (as in the title of the article) super long. Oh well. I have ganon as a secondary. Again...I would like to play someone in my area sometime.
Have you looked in your Regional Zone? I'd link you to it but I'm on mobile right now. In any case you should be able to find someone at least in your state there. Check around in the social thread for your region, if you can't find it I'd be glad to help out.
I'm just another user here. Nothing important except I like Kirby.
--User #216917
That is pretty important.

SSS

Smash Ace
Hey, guys. My name's Sawyer.

I've been playing Brawl for awhile now, ever since my friend showed me. I never played Melee, sorry. I remember being amazed by my friend's "infinite knowledge" when he told me about "advanced" things like Chaingrabbing, Sweetspotting, and Gamecube Controllers. Anyway, I jumped in and started playing Marth, due to the fact that he looked cool and my friend played Ike.

Since then we've gotten significantly better, thank God. I still play Marth. I've been reading and occasionally posting on Smashboards for awhile now, and I figured I would come along and introduce myself because I think I have a bit to offer the boards. I am really in love with ruleset discussion, metagame discussion, matchup discussion, tournament discussion, really anything Brawl. I absolutely f**king love talking Brawl.

As for characters, I kind of like them all. However, I am currently juggling between 5 characters at the moment:

Marth (the one and only, the proud swordsman, the beautiful prince, f yeah fair)
Kirby (he is underrated. his ledge game is the greatest thing since sliced bread, dair to footstool is sexy, and i feel like he should be higher. but hell, that's just me. this is first character i ever played.)
Pikachu (I resisted giving into the rat for awhile. But wow, is he fun.)
Olimar (Phew phew phew phew phew phew phew phew phew phew phew phew phew GAME.)
Toon Link (I love me some Tinkerbell.)

I also play me a mean Zelda.

Anyway, I think I can offer some good Brawl conversation, if anything.

I live in the Newport Beach/Costa Mesa area, if anybody's around and wants to Brawl. I always want to Brawl. I'm not quite tournament ready yet, but I'm getting there. Oh yes, I am getting there. See you Apex 2014.

If they get rid of that damn Ledge Grab Limit.

Thelinder95

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm Austin. Joined the forum because I want to test my luck at a local melee tourney. Never played pro before but I've never had anyone who could really challenge me(not saying much because the people I've played with aren't the best). Anywho I'd just like the opportunity to become a legit player and even hold my own at Apex someday...maybe. I'll play melee 64 brawl or project M. I main sheik on melee and DK on project M.

Mr.DoesntDoMuch

Smash Rookie
What's up guys, Mr.DDM here. I usually play FPS's competitively, but I sort of stopped on that awhile ago. My friends and I still get together and play SSB on my N64 (poor thing is falling apart) and I thought "why not join a Smash Forum to learn some more about the game?"

I see you guy's have a mentor program? That sounds pretty cool, might try to get in on that and learn me some new things, haha. I normally play Pikachu and Ness, I have all three games, but I really only enjoy the 64 version. Project M sounds cool though, might give that a go.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey, guys. My name's Sawyer.

I've been playing Brawl for awhile now, ever since my friend showed me. I never played Melee, sorry. I remember being amazed by my friend's "infinite knowledge" when he told me about "advanced" things like Chaingrabbing, Sweetspotting, and Gamecube Controllers. Anyway, I jumped in and started playing Marth, due to the fact that he looked cool and my friend played Ike.

Since then we've gotten significantly better, thank God. I still play Marth. I've been reading and occasionally posting on Smashboards for awhile now, and I figured I would come along and introduce myself because I think I have a bit to offer the boards. I am really in love with ruleset discussion, metagame discussion, matchup discussion, tournament discussion, really anything Brawl. I absolutely f**king love talking Brawl.

As for characters, I kind of like them all. However, I am currently juggling between 5 characters at the moment:

Marth (the one and only, the proud swordsman, the beautiful prince, f yeah fair)
Kirby (he is underrated. his ledge game is the greatest thing since sliced bread, dair to footstool is sexy, and i feel like he should be higher. but hell, that's just me. this is first character i ever played.)
Pikachu (I resisted giving into the rat for awhile. But wow, is he fun.)
Olimar (Phew phew phew phew phew phew phew phew phew phew phew phew phew GAME.)
Toon Link (I love me some Tinkerbell.)

I also play me a mean Zelda.

Anyway, I think I can offer some good Brawl conversation, if anything.

I live in the Newport Beach/Costa Mesa area, if anybody's around and wants to Brawl. I always want to Brawl. I'm not quite tournament ready yet, but I'm getting there. Oh yes, I am getting there. See you Apex 2014.

If they get rid of that damn Ledge Grab Limit.
Hello and welcome to SWF Sawyer!

What a detailed welcoming post. Glad to hear you love Brawl. I love playing it too. Also, good to hear you've stuck with your main through and through. You should get acquainted with the Marth boards if you haven't:http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=168

Here's also the Toon Link board: http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=177
and Zelda: http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157

You shouldn't wait to attend a tournament. Go register for Apex 2013 while you can. I can guarantee it'll be fun.

Once again, welcome to SWF and enjoy your stay.

Hello, welcome to SWF Curmudgeon!

Here's the User guide to give you an idea of the routes and routines of this place: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254708

Enjoy your stay!
Hey, I'm Austin. Joined the forum because I want to test my luck at a local melee tourney. Never played pro before but I've never had anyone who could really challenge me(not saying much because the people I've played with aren't the best). Anywho I'd just like the opportunity to become a legit player and even hold my own at Apex someday...maybe. I'll play melee 64 brawl or project M. I main sheik on melee and DK on project M.
Hello and welcome Austin to SWF!

Here's the link to the regional zones. Look for your specific area zone and see if your area has any active scene: http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=89

Enjoy your stay!

What's up guys, Mr.DDM here. I usually play FPS's competitively, but I sort of stopped on that awhile ago. My friends and I still get together and play SSB on my N64 (poor thing is falling apart) and I thought "why not join a Smash Forum to learn some more about the game?"

I see you guy's have a mentor program? That sounds pretty cool, might try to get in on that and learn me some new things, haha. I normally play Pikachu and Ness, I have all three games, but I really only enjoy the 64 version. Project M sounds cool though, might give that a go.
Hello and welcome to SWF DDM.

I am the current person in charge of the Mentor Program. If you have any questions about it, ask me and I'll glad to you.

Once again, welcome and enjoy your stay!
Hello all! I'm SpinDoctor, and I look forward to eating, I mean meeting you all! :crazy:
Welcome Doc to SWF!

I am the emperor of the Arena so if you desire to eat...I mean meet people, I'll gladly help.

Enjoy your stay!

Zade2

Smash Rookie
Hey all, competitive UMVC3 and SF4 player looking to play project M. Used to play melee a lot growing up with my brother but casually. My goal is to learn and play it to at least a competitive level. Peace!

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey all, competitive UMVC3 and SF4 player looking to play project M. Used to play melee a lot growing up with my brother but casually. My goal is to learn and play it to at least a competitive level. Peace!
Hello and welcome to SWF Zade!

Here's the link to the Project M section: http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=325

and the Project M Character boards: http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=327

If you need any help with directing, feel free to ask.

Enjoy your stay here!

roymaster803

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm Roymaster803 I've actually had this account for a long time, but never used it. I play Project M only. Stopped playing Brawl when demo 2.1 came out and I don't have Melee anymore. Is it possible to change my username by chance? I don't really go by Roymaster803.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hey, I'm Roymaster803 I've actually had this account for a long time, but never used it. I play Project M only. Stopped playing Brawl when demo 2.1 came out and I don't have Melee anymore. Is it possible to change my username by chance? I don't really go by Roymaster803.
Welcome back!

The only way you can change your name is if you are a Premium member. Here's the link and look it over: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244796

Your purchase will go to supporrting Smashboards and it's new overlord, AlphaZealot.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Enshadowed

Smash Rookie
Returning to hardcore Brawl again after leaving it a few years back.

Glad to see that site like this exists. Was not aware of it back then. Can't wait to push to the top once more. Time to train for Sm4sh.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Returning to hardcore Brawl again after leaving it a few years back.

Glad to see that site like this exists. Was not aware of it back then. Can't wait to push to the top once more. Time to train for Sm4sh.
Hello, welcome to Smashboards!

I know what you mean, I wasn't aware of a site like this when Brawl was released.

Well here's the link to the Competitive Brawl thread to catch up on what's new in the Brawl scene: http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250

Here's the link to te Brawl Character boards so you can find a section dedicated to a specific you main or use: http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118

And here's the link to the latest Sm4sh area:

Sm4sh Discussion: http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=290

Sm4sh Character Discussion: http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=291

Welcome again to SWF and if you have any questions, feel free to ask me or anyoned else in the Itty Bitty Welcoming Committee!

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
? Axcel, is that you? lol

Anyway, I'm a Melee/Project M/SD Remix player moving from Smash Mods since the P:M forums are closing down. They said the forums would move here, so I thought this might be a good opportunity to create an account.

So hai

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
This place seems pretty cool. I'm Tactician, the name comes from the role you play in Fire Emblem. Call me Vic.

But yeah I'm 18 and I'd say I'm very knowledgable of competitive melee although I have never put in much practice. So I am much better than any casual player but not good enough to do any tournaments yet. I have so much respect for the top players like PP, mango, armada, m2k and if you ask me, Darkrain will always be the best falcon in my mind. The dash dance is too wicked. ;)

I'd say I'm more of a spectator at this point just because the learning curve is so extremely high. Also I'm much, much better at Brawl than Melee but I am learning both competitively still nonetheless.

Nice to me any and everyone
(if any smashers go to OSU hit me up, or point me to OSU smashers)
Brawl or Melee

PP is probably my favorite smashers right now, Darkrain, Shiz, Javi, and Uknown522 are also cool in my book.

Yeerk

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone. I first played smash on the 64, moving through the releases as they came, but found Melee to be the most fun. My "competitive" experience has been limited mainly to my childhood neighbors, brother, and former roommate. I've rarely had someone around that wanted to play consistently and get better.

Always loved Melee, but really developed interest through HMW vids. Loved the commentary and crowd reactions, until I came across more recent vids from 2012 tournaments. I've come to appreciate Dogy, Prog, Wobbles, etc. commentary much more, as it is proffesional and insightful in regards to following the action more closely and analytically.

Melee Mains:
Captain Falcon, Marth

Secondaries: Jiggs, Ganondorf, Fox, Falco Link, Samus

Brawl Mains:
Metaknight, Fox

Secondaries: Ike, R.O.B., Pit

Just downloaded PM 2.5 three days ago, and I'm still mostly selecting my character as "Random" because I want to familiarize myself with the physics first, but so far I have the most interest in

Ivsaur, Bowser

with special consideration for

Pit, Lucario, Lucas.

I'm currently generating interest at my college (UNOmaha) for a Smash Club, mostly for Melee and Brawl, but hope to get PM in there too. Maybe someone has advice on this? I'm down for any online matches, PM or Brawl, though I do despise the lag that comes from Nintendo Wi-Fi :c

Looking to learn a lot from the community!

ndayday

BRoomer

Anyway, I'm a Melee/Project M/SD Remix player moving from Smash Mods since the P:M forums are closing down. They said the forums would move here, so I thought this might be a good opportunity to create an account.

So hai
Welcome to SWF, seems like a lot of people are coming here lately and I guess that would be the reason lol. If you need anything just ask!

This place seems pretty cool. I'm Tactician, the name comes from the role you play in Fire Emblem. Call me Vic.

But yeah I'm 18 and I'd say I'm very knowledgable of competitive melee although I have never put in much practice. So I am much better than any casual player but not good enough to do any tournaments yet. I have so much respect for the top players like PP, mango, armada, m2k and if you ask me, Darkrain will always be the best falcon in my mind. The dash dance is too wicked. ;)

I'd say I'm more of a spectator at this point just because the learning curve is so extremely high. Also I'm much, much better at Brawl than Melee but I am learning both competitively still nonetheless.

Nice to me any and everyone
(if any smashers go to OSU hit me up, or point me to OSU smashers)
Brawl or Melee

PP is probably my favorite smashers right now, Darkrain, Shiz, Javi, and Uknown522 are also cool in my book.
Cool, it's nice to see people that still want to play Melee! Here's the area where you would start looking for people at/around OSU, it's in Smash Tournaments > Regional Zones > Midwest.

http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92

Good luck and if you need help or anything, ask!

Hello everyone. I first played smash on the 64, moving through the releases as they came, but found Melee to be the most fun. My "competitive" experience has been limited mainly to my childhood neighbors, brother, and former roommate. I've rarely had someone around that wanted to play consistently and get better.

Always loved Melee, but really developed interest through HMW vids. Loved the commentary and crowd reactions, until I came across more recent vids from 2012 tournaments. I've come to appreciate Dogy, Prog, Wobbles, etc. commentary much more, as it is proffesional and insightful in regards to following the action more closely and analytically.

Melee Mains:
Captain Falcon, Marth

Secondaries: Jiggs, Ganondorf, Fox, Falco Link, Samus

Brawl Mains:
Metaknight, Fox

Secondaries: Ike, R.O.B., Pit

Just downloaded PM 2.5 three days ago, and I'm still mostly selecting my character as "Random" because I want to familiarize myself with the physics first, but so far I have the most interest in

Ivsaur, Bowser

with special consideration for

Pit, Lucario, Lucas.

I'm currently generating interest at my college (UNOmaha) for a Smash Club, mostly for Melee and Brawl, but hope to get PM in there too. Maybe someone has advice on this? I'm down for any online matches, PM or Brawl, though I do despise the lag that comes from Nintendo Wi-Fi :c

Looking to learn a lot from the community!
Starting a community is always tough but I wish you luck on that. If you ever want to play online, the Smashboards Arena which is in this same board is the place to go.

If you want some tips and such on tournament organization and such, here's a good place:
http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=180

Your regional zone is also the same as Tactician's up there, but I'll link it as well:
http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92

At first glance I couldn't find anything for your area or for UNOmaha, but you might have luck messaging people in these threads:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=300002
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=321392

Reason being they have rankings but I see no thread for tournies around there and such...
in any case, welcome to the boards! I'm sure you can find the Project M, Melee, and Brawl boards easily, but if you need any more help just ask.

roymaster803

Smash Apprentice

So hai
Yes, it's me Axcel. Welcome to smashboards. I think you'll enjoy it here.

luigi_69_catfartz

Smash Rookie
Hey Everyone!!!

Hey guyz im new to the forum but im rly happy i found it cuz i could rly use sum tips!!! Look forward 2 posting!!:)

Kellz

Smash Cadet
NNID
MissKellyAesop
3DS FC
2466-4507-1948
Hello all~!

My name is Kelly, or Kellz. Years ago, I was a semi-active lurker of the forums and was pretty much in love with competitive Melee. Having previously never shown my face in tournaments and simply not digging how Brawl plays, I return to the forums with Project M rekindling my love for Smash. It's good to be here! ^-^ <3

ndayday

BRoomer
Welcome to SWF Kellz! Project M is pretty legit, tried it out myself today and it's great. See ya around, enjoy your stay, and ask if you need anything!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey guys. My name is Swampasaur and I'm new here. Hope to have a great time! :D

luar1609

Smash Cadet
Hi, I'm luar1609 but play under the name VzC. I've been playing Brawl since January or February 2012. There are really not many tournaments a year, I'd say less than 8 so all I can do is play with my friends but can't really develop in a competitive sense if there are no tourneys. I'm also an avid chess player, being a FIDE Master myself and part of Puerto Rico's Olympic team, so you know how devoted I can get to something. I would like to be like this for Brawl, who knows if the community here pumps up for the next Smash game. I surely hope so.

Ongbak

Smash Rookie
Sup! I am Andres, I live in the San Diego area. I've been playing smash pretty much my whole life, since I got smash 64. I have recently gotten back into smash with my discovery of the pro scene and project m, and am now actively trying to improve my game. I hope to attend some local tournaments once they come around, I'm sure I will enjoy this community!

:phone:

Majesticyoshi

Smash Rookie
Hello, I'm er... Majesticyoshi. I've played all three installments of Smash. As much as I'd like to say I'm good at Smash Bros, I know I'm not and I'd like to up my game provided I have time.

I'm currently coordinating the development of a Smash Fangame, crossing over characters from a certain popular cartoon, but I won't get too much into that right now. Hoping to have a good time here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom