• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Old Continent Challenge - European Tourney Series (OCC2 STARTING NOW!)

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Cut the music from the vid, look at length, divide movie length by music length, speed up music with that factor.

UPLOAD WITH MUSIC, NO JOHNS.

But lol yeah, I picked the songs. Don't like it?
I don't care. =]
The ingame music doesn't lag in the sense that it slows down. But it's just quite unstable and not very comfortable to listen to.

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
accurate prediction:

finals will be
mahie
vs craig.
mahie will play like a homo
and craig will rage.
I only wish that I could see his face when it happens.
:cool:

heh, only joking. I used to sometimes start streaming stuff if craig was beating me particularly heavily because I'm not good enough to notice lag. this often produced some fairly hilarious results.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I like in-game music most of the time but there are some tunes I love playing to, especially the ones that get you fired up. It puts me in an awesome mood where I can feel myself play better and all-round makes the games more enjoyable for me.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I play to music sometimes too

but I don't want to watch vids to my own music, much less other people's

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
That's true. Should of read the whole post in context, sorry ^^"

Though there have been exceptions I am grateful for, such as when I hear a song I like so much I have to download it.

EDIT:
Your points aren't worth rebutting, Bob Jane.

Because you're fat.

It's Lardasses like you who make America weak.
Are you trying to get kicked out of the PG with style or something? xD

The Star King

Smash Hero
I do worse when music I like is playing.

I try to do stuff to the beat, or something dumb like that.

Oh well.

Kabutox

Smash Apprentice
I don't like the ingame music at all, it's way too annoying to hear temple- or DLtheme 2x in a row already.
If I feel like sandbagging, I'll put on some dumb song, and if it's serious I'll just put on some hardcore =P
Funny how music affects your gaming.

dandan

Smash Lord
june 17th is my first exam in my exam period that lasts for over a month, so if that is the case, you can count me out :(

Olikus

Smash Champion
No sooner. The 14th is the date. We wouldn't manage to finish before the 17th anyway, even if we started today.

ddiz

Smash Journeyman
if i can buy a controller before then i will def participate....if im allowed :p

Olikus

Smash Champion
When is number 2 starting?

I know this is a bump and a double post, but its necessary to get life back to this thread, so mods keep calm :056:

Sangoku

Smash Master
Geez why I am even in there?

"actually I might as well not participate anyway."

Or in other words, wait for confirmation before acting. Damn so tired of those people always interpreting others' words as they want.

Take me out of this horrible image, thanks.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Geez why I am even in there?

"actually I might as well not participate anyway."

Or in other words, wait for confirmation before acting. Damn so tired of those people always interpreting others' words as they want.

Take me out of this horrible image, thanks.

Just because I told you it was ******** not to like team matches because of "losing"?

There's one thing you gotta know, you CAN'T have balanced team matches if Bear is one of the players. Bear is just overkill.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Rofl still interpreting things and assuming? When will you understand we don't know each other, so stop trying to know what I think. I'm not mad at all, just take me out of this tourney =).

:phone:

Dark_

Smash Rookie
Ooooooh maaaaaan! I'm out for 6 months and I come back and there's a Tourny going on :(

When is the next one? xDD

Olikus

Smash Champion
any vids on its way? would allso be great with a low tier tourney since no one plays other chars than pika, fox, kirby and falcon =(. Like a small 8 man or something.

Olikus

Smash Champion
thats not the same as a low tier tourney :p so switch worst with best and we're on track ;)

The Star King

Smash Hero
Low tier tournaments are really fun.

I don't about Europe (you guy seem more defensive), but in the one I played in, I only played one campy Link. And I beat him, anyways.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I know Link is really liked among the players. But almost nobody picks him in standard tourney for obvious reasons. So if you impose a low tier rule, a lot of people will pick him. And no need to say they're all running away and throwing projectile, which is in my opinion one of the most boring stuff to play against.

Star King: I feel that if people feel they have a clear advantage they will play aggressively, but as soon as the games become closer, nobody hesitates to play defensive/gay/campy. Which is a pity, especially when I play Ness...

Battlecow

Play to Win
I think a lot of people would play the higher-tier low tiers in a tourney. Link sucks even in the context of a low-tier tourney.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I am not so sure about European players, but I wish you're right. By the way, what is exactly low-tier? Might be a dumb question, but I don't know.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I think the bottom two tiers is how it usually goes.

As in-

Yoshi
DK
Jigglypuff
Ness
--
Link
Luigi
Samus

Might be some disagreements about the placings of Jiggs/Ness and Link/Luigi, but those are the characters usually allowed.

Olikus

Smash Champion
I was thinking the list battlecow posted. And if someone gays with link just pick DL or peach and all the problems are gone. I still doubt everyone will play link though.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I know Link is really liked among the players. But almost nobody picks him in standard tourney for obvious reasons. So if you impose a low tier rule, a lot of people will pick him. And no need to say they're all running away and throwing projectile, which is in my opinion one of the most boring stuff to play against.

Star King: I feel that if people feel they have a clear advantage they will play aggressively, but as soon as the games become closer, nobody hesitates to play defensive/gay/campy. Which is a pity, especially when I play Ness...
Like I said, only one guy used Link for one match in the low tier tourney I played in (A$). But Europe seems campier/more defensive so maybe Link will be more popular there.

Don't really like your generalization. Even if the games are close, I would hesitate to play defensive/campy/gay. Not everybody is best when they're defensive.

@Battlecow I really wouldn't say anybody "sucks" in a low tier context; low tiers are EXTREMELY balanced IMO. Besides, Link is probably the best character on Hyrule in low tiers.

Olikus

Smash Champion
I wouldnt say europe is more campier/gay than america. There where some campy matches on hyrule, but then again its hyrule...

Top Bottom