• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
YeaH! I got Brawl the day it came out and been playing it since, sorry I haven't been on lately. like I said I was caught up in the game. It's super amazing! of course no game is without it's cons. Brawl is definitley slower than brawl. But with all the new techniques to find and learn, I'm positive it can be quite complicated, not quite as complicated as melee, but still.

I've decided on four Char. to main:
Fox
Wolf
Lucario
And Ike.

so what do you guys think of it?

Darqhart

Smash Rookie
Apparently Crackboom is the only one of you who has registered me in Brawl, which means... the rest of you get crackin'! My code is in my profile to the side.
I added you.

Still waiting for Hylian and G.O.B. to add me.

Thanks Crackboom, I am playing with my router settings to see if I can fix the issue. However I did a speed test and my connection is (D/U) 10Mbps/533kpbs. Now my Dl speed is SEXAY! but my UL isnt that great, thats only a little over half a meg upload. That could be the issue, IDK...

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
How bout those games you guys, pretty crazy.
lol Falcon Punches left and right
That random lag episode that lasted half the match really screwed me up.
Sorry if it was supposed to be just you 2.
I needed to keep myself in check, I'd been getting a lil cocky.
:p
Also, the lag on wifi isn't TOO noticeable, at least not until you try to pinpoint a spot dodge or counter.
3 person FFA FTW
BTW Darq, idk if Hylian will add anyone he doesn't know, have you talked to him?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Lol Gt, I actually just randomly saw that Darq was hosting a room, so I joined it. It's pretty cool how we can randomly encounter each other on Wi-Fi like that.

Good matches. Sorry I had to leave, Darq, but dinner was ready. Also, sorry I stopped moving when I was Ness and white Ike--one of my contacts had popped out >_<

Also, Darq, you have the honor of being the first person I've ever spiked with Marth in Brawl :colorful:

The lag got pretty bad at times, other times it was alright but noticeable, but I'm guessing that with some tinkering we can eliminate it, for the most part.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
Good matches. Sorry I had to leave, Darq, but dinner was ready. Also, sorry I stopped moving when I was Ness and white Ike--one of my contacts had popped out >_<

Also, Darq, you have the honor of being the first person I've ever spiked with Marth in Brawl :colorful:

The lag got pretty bad at times, other times it was alright but noticeable, but I'm guessing that with some tinkering we can eliminate it, for the most part.
Yeah, they were pretty good matches,
Darq, you should really work on your spike timing, i would be like 20 ft from the ledge and you'd try to spike me :p
lol
Is it me or is the Ken Combo REALLY easy in brawl?
Yeah, we should look at our routers a bit and fix that lag,
I have a green connection I think, all the while zany matches
FALCON PAWNCH

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
The Ken Combo is actually a lot more difficult in Brawl, since 1) the sweet spot of Marth's fair sends the opponent horizontally now, 2) it's harder to hit with the sweet spot of Marth's dair, and 3) there's less overall hit stun.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
So since not many people can come to my house friday or saturday I guess I won't be having anything at my house this weekend, especially since there is a smashfest Sunday. Sorry for anyone who was getting excited for being able to play earlier than sunday. I really can't wait to play more brawl.....(and melee), I don't have a wii so yea. I don't know if I want to buy a wii or not.

Monshou_no_Nazo

Smash Journeyman
I had some epic matches with my Marth vs. a good Metaknight today (I lost most of them, except the last which I finally learned a bit but then got tired and went to bed). I wish it didn't last so long so I could save the replay, but it looks like Metaknight can really play Marth's aerial game just as well, if not better, because most of Metaknight's attacks come out almost instantly and have excellent priority.

xXout_lawXx

Smash Cadet
Darn about there not being a smashfest. I will try to make it to the one on Sunday but I will probably be to hung over to.

SARRRRRRRRSSSSSSSS. DID YOU SEE WHAT I SAID? RESPOND. I WANT TO KNOW.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
The Ken Combo is actually a lot more difficult in Brawl, since 1) the sweet spot of Marth's fair sends the opponent horizontally now, 2) it's harder to hit with the sweet spot of Marth's dair, and 3) there's less overall hit stun.
Well idk why it seems easier for me...

So since not many people can come to my house friday or saturday I guess I won't be having anything at my house this weekend, especially since there is a smashfest Sunday. Sorry for anyone who was getting excited for being able to play earlier than sunday. I really can't wait to play more brawl.....(and melee), I don't have a wii so yea. I don't know if I want to buy a wii or not.
Dude, next week is spring break
I'm sure we could have something

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Solidusspriggan, do I know you? You live in Norman...and so do 2 other smashers (one of them being me). Sorry if I'm ******** and just don't know your board name.

Darqhart

Smash Rookie
Yeah, they were pretty good matches,
Darq, you should really work on your spike timing, i would be like 20 ft from the ledge and you'd try to spike me :p
lol
Is it me or is the Ken Combo REALLY easy in brawl?
Yeah, we should look at our routers a bit and fix that lag,
I have a green connection I think, all the while zany matches
FALCON PAWNCH
I was trying to compensate for the lag I am experiencing, I will need to talk with my room mates about seeing if we can up our UL speed through Cox. There were some times that I had virtually no lag, but most of the time there is a 1 - 1.5 second delay upon pressing the button before something happens. I kept dieing off the edge with lucas due to just falling and UpB isn't fast enough to catch up with him. Oh well, I guess its just good to see techniques and tactics other people use; but online just doesn't feel like it should be used for making records.

I forwarded my ports, it seemed to make things better. I can now participate in Brawls now without being fodder, but its really limiting my ability to short which I believe in crucial in using Lucas effectively.

Darqhart

Smash Rookie
Lol Gt, I actually just randomly saw that Darq was hosting a room, so I joined it. It's pretty cool how we can randomly encounter each other on Wi-Fi like that.

I cant remember if it was you or GT that did a head stomp into a spike, I was impressed with how cool a death that was. I WAS PWNT!

One of the matches, I cant remember who... I was at a higher % on my last life, and just ran off the edge before the person could get the kill. I was laughing so hard, I just like robbing people of that last kill if its easy.

I'm starting to notice that Lucases attacks don't take priority, so I might end up using Zamus or Tlink. Zamus is hard to get use to after playing Tlink or Lucas. All of her aerials are auto cancel except for Dair, so thats something she has going for her. But all of Lucases aerials are auto cancel, plus his short hops are wonderful. ITS SO HARD TO DECIDE!!!!

Are there any Brawl get togethers for Saturday?

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yes there is at Alex's house. I think. Except it's a melee tourney (free of cash so it's jut intense friendlies).

So yeah, it'll be great. We'll probably play brawl too. And yeah Out_Law, I'm kind of determined to get better at Melee anyway lol

Solidusspriggan

Smash Journeyman
Solidusspriggan, do I know you? You live in Norman...and so do 2 other smashers (one of them being me). Sorry if I'm ******** and just don't know your board name.
I go by Solidus, name is Forest,
I'm a skinny peach player from norman. Most reputable action (except last years A-kon win) was whan I got second place at the Midnight Gaming Championship tourney vs Pablo Martinez peach vs shiek

Give me your Brawl FC and we can play.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
no, nothing at my house QQ
but i'm bringing melee sunday to darq's. i hope to play a lot of both.

edit: 4511 0127 2037
tell me on aim when you add me and what your brawl code is so i can organize my address book well.

plasman

Smash Apprentice
Hey Oklahoma. I haven't been on here much but I'm going to go ahead and add everyone's FC to my list and whomever wants can add mine to theirs. If anyone doesn't have their FC displayed but wants me to add them just PM me or something. That's pretty much it for now. Hope to see some of you online?

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
I go by Solidus, name is Forest,
I'm a skinny peach player from norman. Most reputable action (except last years A-kon win) was whan I got second place at the Midnight Gaming Championship tourney vs Pablo Martinez peach vs shiek

Give me your Brawl FC and we can play.
I remember you...Im the black kid with dreads. If it wasnt for those laggy tv's I would have beat you. Lets play on some normal tvs, $20 mm, deal? I might be able to make it on sunday.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I remember you...Im the black kid with dreads. If it wasnt for those laggy tv's I would have beat you. Lets play on some normal tvs, $20 mm, deal? I might be able to make it on sunday.

Babac, you chump! I've been trying to get in touch with you for ages... I hope you come on Sunday, Marc says he wants to kick your ***, and not just in Smash, but for realz :laugh:

But hey, it's really been too long. I hope you bring your A-game. Oh, and bring Chump, er, I mean Paymonkey, whoops... Ah just bring your brother, you know, the one who thinks he's as cool as me... ;)

Scud

Smash Apprentice
So I just played brawl quite awhile with yawara, I played meta knight most of the time, so I guess for now you could consider him my main...though I could change at any time. I like playing as sheik too. Plenty of others interested me, but for tonight meta knight was fun. Hope to see you guys sunday.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yawara demands more black people so he concurs with Po.

Also, Brett and I played 5 hours worth of smash today.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Babac, you chump! I've been trying to get in touch with you for ages... I hope you come on Sunday, Marc says he wants to kick your ***, and not just in Smash, but for realz :laugh:

But hey, it's really been too long. I hope you bring your A-game. Oh, and bring Chump, er, I mean Paymonkey, whoops... Ah just bring your brother, you know, the one who thinks he's as cool as me... ;)
You think you can take me AND MY DREADS? Brandon, looks like my Icies is gonna have to own your luigi, then Bubbles AKA Diddy Kong is gonna hump the **** outta your face.

Shanx

Smash Journeyman
You think you can take me AND MY DREADS? Brandon, looks like my Icies is gonna have to own your luigi, then Bubbles AKA Diddy Kong is gonna hump the **** outta your face.
your ****'s weak. I'm gonna have to bring out johnny 5 aka ROB.

Darqhart

Smash Rookie
You will learn in life that all good things come to an end. I have tons of great memories from Melee, I don't think it will disappear into obscurity; I do think that it will take a backseat to Brawl completely after some time.

Everyone excited about tomorrow? I wish I had a head count, from what is seems there will be about 9-12 people showing. I don't know if those people will be bringing more, so it could be more... I am hoping for about 10-15 people if not more.

I do have Melee, but you will have to bring your own controllers; as I have only one GC controller.

3DS FC
5301-0744-1149
so im diggin the icies in brawl. up - b is so much more versitile. also sonic is too fast....just try attachin bunny ears while at big blue and see who wins...the cars or you? :) olimar is pretty cool to

btw i just stayed up till 430am playin brawl with a friend. i finally got to play caleb on wifi still waitin on the indians to hook it up though

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
You will learn in life that all good things come to an end. I have tons of great memories from Melee, I don't think it will disappear into obscurity; I do think that it will take a backseat to Brawl completely after some time.

Everyone excited about tomorrow? I wish I had a head count, from what is seems there will be about 9-12 people showing. I don't know if those people will be bringing more, so it could be more... I am hoping for about 10-15 people if not more.

I do have Melee, but you will have to bring your own controllers; as I have only one GC controller.
assuming scud and i are coming, i'll bring a wii with brawl and melee.
and i'll bring my 64 with smash 64 :o
everyone...BYOC

Darqhart

Smash Rookie
If you and Scud come, you can just bring the 64. I have Brawl and Melee; so tonight I am going to buy some Classic controllers and some Wiimotes for everyone to use if they don't bring their controller. After adjusting to the Classic controller, I prefer it over the GC controller. The buttons are all level, and the C-stick is better designed IMO.

Gravity

Smash Ace
you probably dont have to buy any controllers. 100% of people will bring thier own.

but yeah, its only like 7 minutes from my work, so ill head there afterwards.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Well, I won my district GameStop Brawl tournament :o The next one is in Kansas City, MO, though, but hopefully I'll be able to make it :dizzy:

Darq, I'll probably be there tomorrow, and I'll be bringing my own controller. PM me your address.

Darqhart

Smash Rookie
I practice the ancient art of being safe instead of sorry. I think I might just get 2 controllers instead of three though.

For everyone wanting to come, yes it is open door.

I will be on AIM from 6-12, check profile for AIM account. If I don't respond, I will eventually.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
so im diggin the icies in brawl. up - b is so much more versitile. also sonic is too fast....just try attachin bunny ears while at big blue and see who wins...the cars or you? :) olimar is pretty cool to

btw i just stayed up till 430am playin brawl with a friend. i finally got to play caleb on wifi still waitin on the indians to hook it up though
Dude sonic is god in brawl...
TOP TIER FO SHO!
BTW Josh hurry up and put your brawl FC up so I can add you.
And Alex, I'm adding you so I thought I ought to let you know. :p
My FC is
<- right there of course

Also, a question,
How do you get the thing in the bottom of your profile thingy to display your main?
Like how on bryan's its marth, craig's its bowser.

Man, I can't make it to the smashfest tomorrow. :(
I got **** to do...
Everyone needs to get online more so I can keep in practice.

Top Bottom