• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oklahoma Thread: Weekly events for all games in OKC and Tulsa

GMo

Smash Apprentice
If only he got OK too lol Same with Louisiana.

But man, if you would have told me 4 years a go a black guy is going to be our next president and not someone who's been in American politics for years, ****.
He never had a chance here, man. Shame.

GMo

Smash Apprentice
Lot of it had to do with rural farmers who were aligned with the democratic party due to their fiscal politics regarding their business. When social issues became more and more pressing, overtime, these rural farmers shifted. Many didn't re register to the new party. In the 60s and 70s many small rural towns in Oklahoma didn't even consider an option to vote republican. Now, as you know, it is rare for much of the South (especially those in rural areas) to vote for a liberal.

Obviously this isn't the only reason for the shift, but it is a significant one.

Also, that was one helluva acceptance speech.

kpeezy

Smash Cadet
Lot of it had to do with rural farmers who were aligned with the democratic party due to their fiscal politics regarding their business. When social issues became more and more pressing, overtime, these rural farmers shifted. Many didn't re register to the new party. In the 60s and 70s many small rural towns in Oklahoma didn't even consider an option to vote republican. Now, as you know, it is rare for much of the South (especially those in rural areas) to vote for a liberal.

Obviously this isn't the only reason for the shift, but it is a significant one.

Also, that was one helluva acceptance speech.
Did you guys like this post? Grant's mom typed it up for him.

King_Gt

Smash Journeyman
I was kinda impressed by McCain's concession speech. but I'm truly glad someone is gonna do something with this **** hole we call home

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
McCain did give a pretty nice concession speech. It kind of weirded me out when the crowd started booing his concessions, though.

It pisses me off when I see people say **** like "oh god this country is a **** hole the next four years will suck I'm moving to Canada etc." now, because the rest of us had to put up with their actually ****ty president for eight years.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
@gmo/yawara:

to my knowledge there are STILL more registered democrats than republicans in the state of oklahoma. this is not due to an overwhelming amount of southern democrats, it's just because of the differing ways the republican and democratic parties used to hold their primaries. now both parties mainly do caucuses, with republicans being winner-take-all and democrats being proportional with "super delegates." this standard is pretty recent, beforehand democrats still had a similar system but republicans did not allow much normal party member participation in nearly any state. thus, people all over america who were republican would often register to vote as a democrat so that they could participate in a party caucus and contribute to the political scene more often than 1 vote every 4 years.

:D

aaaaanyway.....

edit: bryan, tell them there are black people in canada.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Obama and Biden, McCain and Palin
This count was great but now we-a-failin
But this ***** right here
this ***** right here
He is the man with a plan with no fear
So please, cheese
crackers, and maybes
We got a black president, and this is true
Who would have thought this **** would come through
But let me know, let me know now
Whats his term, does he get screwed by a foul?
But even if he does, let this be known
BLACK POWER
BLACK POWER
BLACK POWER IS IN THE THROWN!!!!!!!

xXout_lawXx

Smash Cadet
You guys should check out the vids on youtube where people went and asked black people in Harlem if they were for and agreed with Obama's policies but instead contributed McCain's to Obama. They also asked how they felt about Palin being his running vp.

LOL.

Scud

Smash Apprentice
Like I said, sorry Auddy, but not so sure about this weekend....could you make it the weekend after this weekend?

I got an infraction for censor dodging :(. I wasn't censor dodging...I was...speaking my free rites, i voted for blackies. Drews my heroes!

Jerrymyuh, I didn't understand what you said, don't be so noob at speaking (melee). I'll teach you I promise. I like helping.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
Double posting infractions are ********.
infractions are ********. they exist to keep moderators busy and not having to worry about what is just passable and what gives temporary or perma-bans.

it's like...RL applied law.
"10whatevers isn't allowed." why? a waste of server space? oh well then thank god there is an infraction system and personal messages are sent out each time that event occurs. i'm sure those don't take up even more space.

*insert garbled argument about the concepts of punishment*

the point is: i get home in 15 days :o

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
He's probably working. But I think I won't be doing anything too important this friday. So come on down if you want a place to meet and maybe play.

Auddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Auddy07
Hey Dillon, do you have school on Friday? We don't b/c of parent/teacher conferences, so if you don't have school tomorrow, you can come over and smash. Bring your friends too.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
Yo Tom, I'm probably gonna take your offer on that just to let you know. Also, people who want to play tomorrow, call me up.

Shade_

Smash Ace
Looks like I will be staying over the weekend after all because my boss just told us about a mandatory work thing on saturday at 9. So I'll go home next weekend.

waveshinespike

Smash Cadet
Hey Dillon, do you have school on Friday? We don't b/c of parent/teacher conferences, so if you don't have school tomorrow, you can come over and smash. Bring your friends too.
yes i did have school, but i am free now if its still going on/going on later

call me on my cell 207-4571 in case you didnt save it

GMo

Smash Apprentice
I spoke with Hanson on campus - I'll probably come play around 9-10 and leave whenever you guys decide to crash. KP and DAM will both come. If you need, I'll bring a setup + brawl.

If not, that's cool, the TV is a ***** to move around.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
You must recover is up. From ycz6:

Man, it's been a journey. I started this video back in the summer, while the community was still trying to get over the amazingness of Mindgames 2 (which you should also watch). Over the past 5 months, I've gathered clips, putting my limited video editing skills to their full extent, and marveled at the things that people sent me. I've met a whole fanbase of people who seem to have developed an unhealthy relish for my videos. I've learned the finer points of AMV editing, which will surely come in handy at some point later in my life.

And SSBM. ****. When you're just watching videos and not even playing, it's fun. I don't know if any game will ever match this one, but I hope one will.

Extra-special thanks to MaskedSheik, JDM, TheIceDragon, Zm4rf, and ssbmdemon. You guys thought about this video almost as much as I did. =/

Streaming: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twqSNmMYjRc&fmt=18
Download: http://files.filefront.com/You+Must+Recoverwmv/;12286455;/fileinfo.html

Enjoy.
---
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b378/ycz6/myboardmore.jpg
today is thursday and today what we are doing is math aoeuidhtns

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
So there is another tournament in chickasha next week. It is a bit more expensive than HxC, and believe it or not, they pay out less than HxC. However, there is a pot? so there is the possibility that they could pay out more? If anybody here goes, I may split first/2nd with you, unless you're like chris or hanson than its understandable to keep first hahahha.

Top Bottom