• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay this is stupid. All these arguments, I still think Brawl is better though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumpo

Smash Rookie
I'm actually really glad I don't have to use Edge gaurding, Wave dashings, L cancelling anymore. I feel more like Im actually making sure I avoid contact with the enemy. Brawl seems like a better game for a defensive strategy, [ which I love ]. It feels better, Fox doesn't walk like a ****** anymore like in melee. The characters feel mostly different. The characters also feel evened out. I'm sorry but after all my time playing melee for the last 7 years. It just feels so wasted compared to this game. Personnaly, I want to forget melee....

This is just my opinion though!!! :bee:

Lumpo

Smash Rookie
only 1 post, and bashing Melee at that! You either:

1. Have quite a pair of nuts
OR
2. Not know how things work around here.
I honestly don't care what anyone thinks, just posting my opinion. This is the BRAWL SECTION

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
Right... the thing is... a brawl forum... is meant for brawl discussion.

So, are we supposed to discuss your opinion now? Idk the point of this.

This isn't even like one of those Brawl v. Melee flame wars. It's just some random guy posting his opinion. Why do we care!?

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
Lololol you are glad that you dont have to use EDGEGUARDING anymore?!

What kind of toddler-esque smash ability do you possess.

Nintendude92z

Smash Apprentice
I'm just glad Mario can compete with the former top tiers. My only issue is that Link and TL's projectiles stop me from fighting, but Link's range and such out move me.

I digress. d:

I know the elite used those techniques, and it was to show whom was better at Smash, I was just tired of every tournament ending with the Space Animals or Marth on top. Dx

Resident_Smash_Genius

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually really glad I don't have to use Edge gaurding, Wave dashings, L cancelling anymore. I feel more like Im actually making sure I avoid contact with the enemy. Brawl seems like a better game for a defensive strategy, [ which I love ]. It feels better, Fox doesn't walk like a ****** anymore like in melee. The characters feel mostly different. The characters also feel evened out. I'm sorry but after all my time playing melee for the last 7 years. It just feels so wasted compared to this game. Personnaly, I want to forget melee....

Brawl is all about the edge. Hell, all smash is about the edge.

Ykoahi

Smash Cadet
I like melee more than brawl, i felt the same about the original to melee. But eventually i liked melee over the original.

When ever I'm playing brawl with a little group of friends who are "competitive" they say the game is "easy", "sucks", or "nubles mode". They base this off of the tripping, the skill-less items, and the over speed of the game.

I notice that all of them play older characters and never EVER branch out of them.

What I'm getting at is , yes, some of the older heart felt characters were nerfed [Link]. But simply because now the game isn't looking as "competitive" as we would have hoped doesn't mean it will not be.
So, my advice is use the backwards compatibility on your wii and shut up .

[edit: not directed to any specific poster, just to the nay sayers]

Ykoahi

Smash Cadet

Edge Guarding?

-points at Olimar-

fail

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Why do these "OMG BRAWL/MELEE IS BETTAR!" threads need to be made? I mean, when it's someone with credability that's fine, especially if they have valid points, but when every smash n00b starts posting one, it gets obnoxious...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
owned hahah
Not really. It has nothing to do with the topic, he has no actual argument so he just did a personal attack. I'd say that's pretty low and pretty much an epic failure...

All in all, it's great that you have your opinion, but you really didn't need to create a new thread for this...

PS, have you actually played Melee again? Because I never wanted to forget Melee, but until I played Melee again after Brawl came out, I didn't realize how utterly awesome it is compared to Brawl.

Also, if you actually took the time and learned those techniques, and used them consistently, why would you be GLAD that they're gone? Wouldn't your whole playing style have been messed up when you started on Brawl? Plus, as everyone else has said...if you don't edge guard, you really fail.

Namenlos

Smash Rookie
much better than a guy who has donald duck from kh as his avatar...
Don't even try to mess with KH you n00b... lol

Of course Melee will never be forgoten, that game is a true gem! and everyone should play the game they prefer, simple. All be freinds now

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
Don't even try to mess with KH you n00b... lol

Of course Melee will never be forgoten, that game is a true gem! and everyone should play the game they prefer, simple. All be freinds now
agreed...
————————
BACON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solo Assass1n

Smash Journeyman
Thou shall not speak of Melee negatively? Bashing one of the best games ever created, "You'll get no sympathy from me."

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
lol he's dealing with trolls elsewhere, this guy isn't worth it :p
Yeah, agreed.

I think someone should really create an official Melee vs. Brawl thread and all of the minor threads should be locked. It would be okay, but people just aren't searching, or they're ignoring the other threads.

But yeah, this isn't really worth anyone's time.

Better yet, I think we should just leave any new threads about this to rot. God knows it won't happen, because no matter what, the most idiotic threads are bumped up, but hey, I can dream, can't I?

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
*Waits for Yuna*
Im surprised he isnt here yet to be honest, but I guess I'll fill in for him, we share most of the same opinions

You do have to edgegaurd, if you want to win

much better than a guy who has donald duck from kh as his avatar...
are you seriously basing this guy's skills on his donald duck avatar (which is amazing btw)

I'm just glad Mario can compete with the former top tiers. My only issue is that Link and TL's projectiles stop me from fighting, but Link's range and such out move me.
ever try using your cape?

Good for Foxes, but what about us Ganondorf fans, huh? What about us?
Play as him a lot and get good duh :)

frankisvital

Smash Journeyman
A troll is someone who posts just to start an argument or cause mischief.
A troll is not someone who prefers one game over another.

Just because this kid has the balls to say he didn't like Melee doesn't mean he's any more of a troll than the scores of those who say the same for Brawl. Sure, he may not be the smartest person here (or in many places, judging by his posts), but that's no reason to send our resident rabid Swedish chainsaw after him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom