• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay so U/Dsmash.... Invincibility frames?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Dsmash = invinciblity frames
Usmash = charge beam has no priority.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Charge Beam sucks in Brawl. It's good in Melee. Actually, it's too good in Melee. That's probably why it was nerfed in Brawl.
Wait, this is the Pichu boards.
Yeah, it is a little dead here.

I should be mod.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Charge beam is canceld be most projectiles and a great deal of normal attacks. It's slow moving and doesn't even have all that much knock back if people know what DI is. Charge beam is disgusting.

Pichu's up smash beat it...

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
how many times has anyone died to that?

EDIT:
but seriously for a charged projectile it has no priority.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Have you guys tried charging the Charge Beam? It works a bit better that way...

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Ask samus mains how they feel about the charge beam's priority. Or better yet, just watch samus match up with high level players and see how often the beam connects.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I've seen HugS pull off the charge shot a lot, you might remember I attend plenty of pro-level tournies. I used to play Aftermath a lot as well because he used to live just a couple hours from me--probably most technical Samus I've seen.
But this is not a Samus discussion, we're talking about Pichu, and let me just say wtf at saying Pichu's U-smash beats out the charge shot, I'd never defend against that with the U-smash, and I doubt anyone would want to in a serious match--but I'd call into question why they'd be playing Pichu in a serious match, haha.

Top Bottom