• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Okay dude so i have a choice

lamugi

Smash Lord
Im going up to new york in december while of course it will be to play smash/visit family, im going to enter some tourneys there such as cvs2/mvc2(maybe) and sf4

in october i plan on buying a new stick.... with that said should i either get this one

priced at 119.99

Or...

Priced at 149.99

Ima switch out the gates to octagonal, and prolly switch some buttons, but idk whether to get the hori stick(first one)
Or Street fighter one

lemme know guyz also drop some negatives/plus to either of the sticks!

lamugi

Smash Lord
Well I like changing the button colors! But hori sticks are just so **** reliable. I do like the sf stick but iono I just want the cooler looking one honestly, but if one is significantlly better then ill choice that one

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Go with the TE stick. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read at one point that the TE stick is basically like playing on a SFIV cabinet.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Daaaaamn.
I was about to look into buying a stick, had no idea they were this expensive.
Also, If i buy a stick, can I hook it up with any system, like, a PS3 for Blazblue and a Wii for GG?

nevershootme

Smash Master
well lamugi... the HRAP (hori real arcade pro) uses a sanwa stick yet hori buttons i think.

Hori will be releasing the HRAP-SE and HRAP-SA (both meaning seimitsu and sanwa) editions with legit parts...

the SF4 TE stick uses all sanwa parts

what systems will you be using your stick on.

currently i've been modding mines (and a friend's) stick, so far my friend's stick is workable on 360, ps3, PC, and GC. using http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=162026 and a madcatz xbox 360 controller. all of this modded on a Tekken 5 stick

send me a AIM (i'm available now until 5:30-6pm or 10pm and late) or PM and i'll guide you through

ptown

Smash Ace
hrap 3 got hori buttons while hrap 3: sa got full sanwa (japn stick and buttons).

madcatz te stick got full sanwa and i also heard what fizz sama said about the sf4 te stick feeling like playing on a sf4 arcade cabinet. another plus about the te stick is that it has a panel in the back to store the cord. also, the start/select buttons are placed on the back of the stick so you don't accidentally press them and forfeit your tournament matches.

i have both sticks and i will say the te stick feels better overall.

either way, hori is known for some quality and the te stick has got the thumbs up from most sf dudes.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
HRAP 3 is trash, unless modded. Ive heard nothing but bad things about it. get the TE stick. Its solid for 3s, cvs2 and sf4. Marvel on the other hand you dont want a loli unless youre weird like me. Marvel I suggest getting a bat and some big *** happ buttons on an american layout.

Top Bottom