• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ok people on Wifi in L.A. WTF?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
OMG this is like the second time I've gone on wifi and all three of the other guys decide to gang up on me for some reason. I mean im not a pro or anything i just want to have some fun regular free for all matches, but these douche bags somehow think its fun to gang up on me. I mean i don't get it? All items were on too and of course since there were 3 of them they would more likely get a star or a hammer and completely kill me with it. They weren't even attacking each other.

Is it really that funny? It's **** like this that make me hate this game some times i swear! If you guys are some how on this message board right now, I hope you have acid dripped on your skin.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
LOL you poor thing, I feel for ya. Those are called "Taunt parties" and what's hilarious is I was around when they first started up... it started with people like me giving "personality" to the brawl characters, so of course Kirby my main just HAD to act a fool cause he's so fun loving and cute with his antics. But who would have thought it'd spread like wildfire those few of us out there that thought doing that was fun... next thing you know you get people who do nothing but that! Or other crazy things, like the so-called DDD Fairy, who'd login and suicide each time any brawler touched him so they'd get a KO. Then there's the AFK'rs who're OBVIOUSLY there, just prefer to watch, and taunt every now and then if someone in the group really sucks and has to KO the AFK in order to stay in it. The list goes on, my friend, that's why if you're going to brawl, either use a Friend Finder (like this one: http://fauxfinder.nfshost.com/) OR at the least login to Team Battle. The % chance you get Taunt spammers in teams is far less, and by that same tolken your likelihood of getting matches is less, mainly because you there's no CPUs (another bonus) you'll find less items-on matches in Teams.

Tough I will point out that With Anyone Teams can lead to a bad habit, which is not being prepared for Team Attack On ^^;

Meccs

@Meccs_
Taunt Parties are fun (In free-for-all, of course). And 3v1 is also really fun (what you were describing) just go along with it (or leave) and you won't be attacked, but instead embraced.
Team Battle is serious business, though. Go there if you actually wanna fight. (though sometimes it's not much better. Yay, items! :\)

HizoSturm

Smash Apprentice
i find it fun but when it gets annoying i drop out. when you drop out the entire group breaks apart and they dont know who did it. its pretty evil

TimeWarpedBrawler

Smash Apprentice
That is annoying, people do that to me whenever im ganon or metaknight for too long. The bright side is if you win then leave, then that proves your better than them.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
The best thing to do online when you're angry at the other fighters, is to pick MK, Marth or Wolf and spam the crap out of everyone. They won't mess with ya after that. :laugh:

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I do this most of the time on Basic Brawl. If any taunt spammer isn't really nice and my sister is playing then we team up on the mean taunt spammer. This backfires sometimes though...
The best thing to do online when you're angry at the other fighters, is to pick MK, Marth or Wolf and spam the crap out of everyone. They won't mess with ya after that. :laugh:
I've got to remember that.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Who would find that fun? I don't get it.
Once waaaay back in like feb or march of last year, I picked Temple as Toon Link and pressed B every 3 seconds exactly until the match was over.

Brawl was literally changed forever on that day, cause those three in that match were like WTF at first, but then... oh! hey look this stage is actually pretty cool for f'ing around in and messing w/10 year old's heads. It's "fun" for some and "gay" for others, and I sit on the fence with this one cause if I wanna TP (I hate abbreviating it that way cause it reminds me of toilet paper) I will and if I don't I won't. I am my own master! ><

AAP

Smash Journeyman
I feel for ya OP. I've been in that situation often enough.

Taunt Parties are fun (In free-for-all, of course). And 3v1 is also really fun (what you were describing) just go along with it (or leave) and you won't be attacked, but instead embraced.
Team Battle is serious business, though. Go there if you actually wanna fight. (though sometimes it's not much better. Yay, items! :\)
Go along with it? wth for? being a ******** ******* taunting and acting like a tool who is obviously there for the sole purpose of ruining basic brawl for someone else just cause "items are stupid" or "FFA's are pointless" is a real shame. Basic Brawl can be fun when you get the mayhem SSBB (or any SSB for that matter) was meant to be and it is a true free for all. As for these idiots who think its funny to taunt , that's fine, be an idiot. But when you get three of them who want to team up on whoever comes in, those guys deserve steel shanks under their fingernails. The main reason basic brawl sucks is for no other reason than the fact that these jerks just wanna come in a ruin it for many others.

Taunt party goers < lowest form of life on earth.

Meccs

@Meccs_
I love it when non-Tpers try to come fight me on the little platform on Temple. 9/10 times (**** MK with hold a)I completely kick their ***, it's pretty funny. Then you can tell they get real frusturated cause they fast fall straight down there. If I'm on my platform, I don't attack anybody (I don't even spam PK Thunder at the people fighting underground) unless they come and start something. ^^P

I meant 3v1 as in 3TPer who are beating up a non-TPer. It's not "hey, lets all get that guy just cuz!" it's "that guy isn't TPing, so we'll fight him (ei, not attack the other taunt partiers)" It's never 3TPers verse another TPer (or vise-versa w/non-TPers) :p Also, 3non-TPers vs 1TPer is fun. I usually just go for anyone who goes after me, though, be it TPer or non-TPer. The whole, if "you don't attack me, I won't attack you", thing

sadly, though, I seem to run into people polluting matches with items more in Team Battle than basic brawl, which is sad considering TB can actually be played competitively.

Full taunt parties are boring, though. (all 4 people). So if I get one of those I just leave after in hopes of finding a 4 people fighting (without items) or 2v2 (rare) or 3v1 (I actually love being the 1, it's a great challenge. Kinda like when your partner in teams is AFK and there's some douche killing him to rack up kills, and you've still gotta win. I think people killing people who are AFK is the only thing that pisses me off in Wi-Fi besides items. But items on low isn't even too bad)
Just to put it simply: if you want to play competitively, don't go on BB. find a friend to play 1v1 (or 2v2) against. I go into BB knowing full well it doesn't count for crap, mainly because of the way time matches can be played. (items, kill stealers, runners (get enough kills to win then just run away the rest of the match. < if I see somebody doing that to somebody else, I usually go help corner/kill the runner), or when you're right about to land a kill on somebody, somebody comes in and hits you, messing it up)

And lots of times, I try my best to make sure the score is even, in hopes of getting sudden death. SD is soooo much fun, even if you lose :D I've noticed I tend to hope to get a SD more than I hope to get a win, haha (even in TB)

sorry for wall-o text, I'm bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom