• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ok, I'm ok at brawl, but...

shenjun

Smash Rookie
Well, here in McAllen, at 3D Games, they host a brawl tournament every week. However, there is one guy who always uses Metaknight and only spams the tornado, A LOT of dash grabs, and the down smash (occasional up N-air).

I played DK and he slaughtered me >>;;
I played Toon Link and it was 2 lives left (out of 5) and he won.
I played Fox and it was a very close game he had 1 life left with 100+%

How can I counter this character... I know a lot of people in the forum say Snake and DK are the way to go, but I can't play Solid Snake, I'm not that good with him. DK I'm not bad with I'm actually pretty good with him, but he launched by grab-spamming me and then N-airing his way off the edge...Annoying...

Fox seems to actually be good against Metaknight because of his D-air>*Smash combo. Yet, he proves to me how annoying Metaknights sidestep dodge can be by dodging the entire combo >>;; (sometimes)

Can anyone help me? I seriously need to beat this guy... Annoying and takes the fun out of the game by spamming...

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
dont worry about characters and just get better overall

you seem to know his patterns and its not umbeatable

shield punishment that spammer.

Amide

Smash Lord
That sounds like what I used to be like... Ok, keep in mind which of DK's moves out range MK's. And which moves out prioritize the tornado. Keep distance.

Rauzaruke

Smash Apprentice
Try a character with a counter. If he spams the tornado that much then a Character like Marth, Ike, and Lucario can just ruin the spamming for free damage. Though I would probably choose Marth since Ike is slow as balls and Lucario is a bit hard to master. Not to mention I think you have enough range with all three to nail him out of the Tornado before he hits you.

Grab spamming should be easily beatable by spot dodging and rolling. You can probably predict when he is going to grab when he dashes towards you, so expect it.

Honestly just try your best character and get better at the game overall. This Metaknight doesn't sound too tough to me due to the spamming. The lack of Up-B KOs disturbs me as well.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
lol maybe but this in a char specific forum ?

if your just asking how to beat a MK use whoever your good with vs him and learn how your opponenet fights. a lot of dash grabs? then spot doge or move away and piviot into an attack of your own. mk is very light so kill of the top

shenjun

Smash Rookie
Thanks for your replies. They do help. I'll take most of your advise in getting better overall with my best character and keeping the distance. But grabs in the way were he runs at u and shield grabs for the little slide so it gets you. It's weird. I know how to do it also just can't get to close. Thanks again for all your replies

Foxy

Smash Master
Best advice against a tornado spamming Meta: shield it, because it has a painful bit of lag right when it finishes. Often the Meta will try to get out a dsmash after the lag, but if you just shielded the tornado you have enough time for any quick smash attack or a grab (probably any of Falco's smash attacks).

I just got back from a tourney where I Meta ditto'd a very good player and I beat him by shielding tornados and punishing with grabs and dsmashes.

bowz

Smash Journeyman
get g&w, key-dsmash-upb-fair- key- repeat until 80%, then stall with up air until he gets really frustrated and then upsmash and he dies at 80%.
Because that's obviously going to work every time..right?

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
stay away from MK when he starts the whorenado jump and hit him from above, this will take a lot of time to master, so practice it with a human until near perfection

Top Bottom