• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oh the memories

SilverChaos

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don't like the brawl intro.
It's just a bunch of SSE clips stuck together.
And it just sort of jumps from scene to scene.
Melees intro felt nice because I suppose those scenes were always intended as an intro movie, so it fit's the music, flows well, ect.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
The brawl one is the best in terms of quiality and so on.... but like the guy above me said..... the one from melee seems to be more compact and perfectly organized in sequnce...

the one from brawl is more or less a bucnh of clips copy and pasted together-

Myztek

Smash Ace
Melee was the most unique, in that it was all pre-rendered just for the intro. I love 64's cause the anouncer sounds so epic when he says "super smaaaaaaaaaaaaash broooooooooooothers!" and Brawl's is okay... they could have put more work into it. Still good, though.

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
Smash Bros 64 has the greatest music and sound effects by far (particularly the announcer!), but Melee had good music too.

Brawl's music is terrible. >_< And that's a bad intro.

pirkid

Smash Lord
:D

The Melee scene, where Shiek looks up, Zelda is in the stars, and then Kirby flies in with a Warp Star, and then Fox and Wolf are battling outta nowhere.

That was my favorite. It really brought everything together, it showed how these franchises came into one game.

Brawl's intro sucks. It's just SSE scenes glued together with Grade 1 white glue. They don't even flow into each other.

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
I think all intros are good...except for Brawl's. Like it has been stated above, it's just a bunch of Subspace Emissary scenes thrown together. The other two intros were actually intros. :ohwell:

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Smash Bros 64 has the greatest music and sound effects by far (particularly the announcer!), but Melee had good music too..
No thank you, I don't want my Fire Flowers to sound like crap.

That said, I wish Brawl's new announcer yelles SUPER SMAAAAH BROTHEEEERRRS BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWLLLLL!!!!!!! Here's hoping he does in the American version.

Luz

Smash Apprentice
Oh my god, Brawl's intro is the worst of the three... I never noticed... and I've forgotten how great the 64 version's was...

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
The original intro always reminds me of playing with friends when one of my friends would always make us watch the intro, every **** time we switched the N64 on. It became so tedious. T.T

Melee's the favourite. Brawl is a little sloppy, and lazy.

Suoinegni

Smash Apprentice
Ouch. I liked Brawl's intro... until I saw a side-by-side comparison with the others. And golly, Link sure was hideous in the N64 days.

Dark_Ermac

Smash Apprentice
Not really...

Smash 64 is better than Melee. All my mains didn't suck back then.

Phyvo

Smash Journeyman
No intro is complete without the announcer yelling SUPER SMASH BROOOOOOOOOOOTTTTHHHEEEEEERRRRSS

...the Brawl announcer is somewhat worse anyways. >.>

Top Bottom