• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oh my ****ing god!

nintengod

Smash Apprentice
Kirby is high tier, no, seriously. (i don't really believe in tiers but...)
I couldn't believe it myself, I got 3 stocked using Wario. And I've been maining him for 2weeks (already beaten about 50+ ppl with him, 2/3 wins). In melee I played over 2,000 hours and i play at a pro lvl. So I'm clearly what you wouldn't call a noob.
I didn't even know he was THIS good, the guy I was fighting seemed uber pro, pulled a kirbycide (without killing himself) at the end. Then he freaking 2stocked my ROB. WTF.
Final cutter combos and the beam part is annoying. His attacks seem to have high priority over everything, and that freaking hammer does 20% so it's basically a fast smash in the air.
I couldn't keep up, he was so **** fast.
Idk about you guys, but I fear Kirby now. Next time you want to fight someone, make sure they don't main Kirby. Because you might be slaughtered by what you could now describe as the "Pink Marshmellow of Chaos".
He's seriously underestimated as a character.

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
Playing Melee 2000 hours doesn't make you better at Brawl =s, the technical stuff in Brawl is a lot different. I never played Melee at tourney level and I'm fairly good at Brawl.

Characters survive longer overall, especially Kirby. I don't know about Wario, but Rob is actually a pretty hard match up for Kirby cause a lot of his attacks have more range than Kirby and high priority, only a little bit of end lag. Kirby does have some high priority moves, but stuff like his forward air and regular forward tilt don't have insane priority. If you got 2-stocked as Rob, you really need some work >_>.

YinYang.ERROR

Smash Journeyman
Kirby is high tier, no, seriously. (i don't really believe in tiers but...)
I couldn't believe it myself, I got 3 stocked using Wario. And I've been maining him for 2weeks (already beaten about 50+ ppl with him, 2/3 wins). In melee I played over 2,000 hours and i play at a pro lvl. So I'm clearly what you wouldn't call a noob. I didn't even know he was THIS good, the guy I was fighting seemed uber pro, pulled a kirbycide (without killing himself) at the end. Then he freaking 2stocked my ROB. WTF.
I wouldn't go as far as calling you a noob, or pro (If you really where you would not need to try and prove it to us). Kirby is just a all around better character now, and you are not use to fighting him. As for tiers I never liked them, mostly because they are wrong.

Final cutter combos and the beam part is annoying. His attacks seem to have high priority over everything, and that freaking hammer does 20% so it's basically a fast smash in the air.
Yeah... Kirby has some good moves now eh?

I couldn't keep up, he was so **** fast.
Kirby is not that fast...

Idk about you guys, but I fear Kirby now. Next time you want to fight someone, make sure they don't main Kirby. Because you might be slaughtered by what you could now describe as the "Pink Marshmellow of Chaos".
haha I main Kirby.

He's seriously underestimated as a character.
Yes, he is underestimated. Which is why you posted this, because it seems to me that you still can not believe that Kirby is now a threat.

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
I prefer puffball of doom. :) and I have to agree about Kirby mains, (no self-centerdness intended :p)
but Kirby dittos have so far been my hardest matches. (aside from a few insane pros)

-Knux-

Smash Ace
Kirby dittos are hilarious. =D

(>'.')> vs. <('.'<)

But yeah, Kirby's awesome now. I really couldn't care less about tiers. Besides, I'm hoping Kirby is a mid tier or something like that. I have no need for the rankings of the characters, because quite frankly I'm doing awesome with the little guy as it is. ^_^ And if Kirby was top/high tier, I'd be a lost Kirby user among thousands and thousands of Kirby mains. I'm content with him right now.

jtowns

Smash Apprentice
I think it was me, lol. I played a guy with Wario and Rob a couple hours ago. He wasn't very good >.>

nintengod

Smash Apprentice
not really...

Playing Melee 2000 hours doesn't make you better at Brawl =s, the technical stuff in Brawl is a lot different. I never played Melee at tourney level and I'm fairly good at Brawl.

Characters survive longer overall, especially Kirby. I don't know about Wario, but Rob is actually a pretty hard match up for Kirby cause a lot of his attacks have more range than Kirby and high priority, only a little bit of end lag. Kirby does have some high priority moves, but stuff like his forward air and regular forward tilt don't have insane priority. If you got 2-stocked as Rob, you really need some work >_>.
i really dont though, it was kind of laggy, about yellow lag
and i was keeping my distance too, spamming projectiles every chance i had to win
idk why you all think rob is high tier, his best attacks are too dam slow

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
play in real life my friend the lag goes away and the real puff ball doom appears. (spam Up-B for the win)

nintengod

Smash Apprentice
Rob... not high tier? Lolwut?
well, i cant say anyone is high tier
mostly everyone is just upper or mid tier...
robs upB is good, but you cant dodge in it
his attacks are kinda weak but fast, his Forward smash is the only attack i can kill with except his Nair but thats hard to hit most the time
mostly the "high tiers" are high tier because of their projectiles

from what ive seen: toon link, wolf, rob, pit and snake seem to stand out from the rest in 1on1
what do they all have in common? really annoying projectiles
toon links got his own utility belt, wolfs spammy and lazery, rob can spam his 2 projectiles easily, pits arrows are annoying as ****, and snakes basically MADE of projectiles

take away these characters projectiles, and they're not so high tier are they?

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
lolz rob only has the best ariel game and recovery in the game along with Projectiles he desserves high tier.

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
well, i cant say anyone is high tier
mostly everyone is just upper or mid tier...
robs upB is good, but you cant dodge in it
his attacks are kinda weak but fast, his Forward smash is the only attack i can kill with except his Nair but thats hard to hit most the time
mostly the "high tiers" are high tier because of their projectiles

from what ive seen: toon link, wolf, rob, pit and snake seem to stand out from the rest in 1on1
what do they all have in common? really annoying projectiles
toon links got his own utility belt, wolfs spammy and lazery, rob can spam his 2 projectiles easily, pits arrows are annoying as ****, and snakes basically MADE of projectiles

take away these characters projectiles, and they're not so high tier are they?
Weak D:? definetely not true ><. Just like you, I don't believe in tiers either =x. But really that's just wrong <__<. I hate his neutral air and his down air is a spammable spike (somewhat), and his back air although sometimes hard to hit with is really powerful. You really better try his down smash more often cause that's his best smash attack since it breaks through shields and has super high priority and range.

I'll be more beneficial to the topic though. Kirby is indeed awesome and under-rated. But he's not that hard to pick up since his multiple jumps and really awesome aerial attacks. The one excuse I've heard from some people to not choose Kirby is that he's just a round ball <__>.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Aerial Hammer does 17% first hit 14% last hit.

And my Kirby is like, awesome. O_o

EDIT: Videos are on my channel are old because I've gotten better at Brawl. :laugh:

Crystallion

Smash Ace
So to conclude, he's now better in Brawl then he was in Melee? YES! He's so fun playing as ^.^v and probably the cutest character =)
Oh and I have to agree: Kirby's not fast, really ^^;

Starizzle

Smash Apprentice
rofl i agree 1 time when i was playing with a friend who used metaknight (i used kirby of course hes my main =]) and we were playing with 10 stock and i r@ped his metaknight i still had like 8 stock left too bad the fight was over 3 minutes otherwise i wouldve definately recorded it

Top Bottom