• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oh lord, Nintendo, please TONE DOWN FOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
Come on, Nintendo! You made Pikachu, Ness, and Kirby go from usable to useless. What about Fox? You made him go from above average to THE BEST. I'm not saying he should be toned down mainly because of this, but I find it wierd...

Anyways, what do you guys think? I think he should go down to at least around the top of middle tier. And make him be how he was supposed to be: Weak but fast. Yeah, that's what he was supposed to be, but just look at him with blindingly fast waveshining, and yet powerful attacks. I'm not saying he should be as bad as Mewtwo, but please, Nintendo TONE HIM DOWN A BIT. Make Pika own.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Wouldn't you prefer it if all the characters' powers were increased instead of decreased? I'm all for balance, but there's no point in making the characters worse.

And I really dont care who's top tier.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I really dont believe in the tier list at all, but I still think that fox should be toned down. at least slow him down, and get rid of the damage from the shine.

oh, and as a proud pikachu secondary-er, I frown apon your post ):<
....although they should still make pika and kirby own >_>

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
If they nerf ___________(insert character here), then anyone who mainly plays as __________ will be screwed. Since Fox is such a widely used character, if they reduce his ability significantly there are going to be a LOT of angry fanboys on Sakurai's doorstep, far more than if they were to nerf any character.

I'm still crossing my fingers that Peach will be relatively unchanged. If they nerf her over much, I'm gonig to have a heck of a time finding a new character

T__T

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
If they nerf ___________(insert character here), then anyone who mainly plays as __________ will be screwed. Since Fox is such a widely used character, if they reduce his ability significantly there are going to be a LOT of angry fanboys on Sakurai's doorstep, far more than if they were to nerf any character.

I'm still crossing my fingers that Peach will be relatively unchanged. If they nerf her over much, I'm gonig to have a heck of a time finding a new character

T__T
No doubt there were a lot of angry Pikachu/Kirby/Ness players when they got nerfed for Melee. I think Fox needs to be nerfed, but not as abysmally as the SSB64 top tier were. As it is, Fox is thoroughly broken, with a move that lasts four frames when jump-canceled, stops all momentum, and semi-spikes. The shine can come out of a shield on the second frame after the sheild goes down. The applications are mind-boggling. Furthermore, he has one of the most powerful usmashes of the game, and a killing uair. Combine this with his unimaginable speed and great wavedash, and he needs a good nerfing.

But again, Sakurai overreacted on SSB64's top characters. I don't think Fox needs a lot done to him. I imagine taking out the shine or making it slower will balance the game out significantly. Maybe weaken that usmash just a tad.

I'd also rather not see any characters made simply more powerful. If that happened, The game would become solely about who could get off a few choice hits first, and whe flew the shortest distance. I think the game should be weighted back to the levels in the middle tier, Because those characters have great moves, but not broken ones.

Finally, I can't imagine why the nerfing of a character would make you change. I'm personally sticking with Samus even if she becomes the worst character in the game (it'll be like old times).

Fawriel

Smash Master
Rawr.
I have a feeling this topic will be closed.

Well, yeah. Sakurai's great and all, but he or whoever's responsible for this stuff have a really strange way of handling "balance". Well, I guess Smash is more balanced than other fighters, I keep hearing that. But... ... no, no, I'm not going to list everything.

Zelda/Sheik.
Zelda was supposed to be strong and defensive, Sheik weak and fast.

Zelda has two usable attacks. Two broken moves, her fair and bair. The rest is useless. Useless. Useless. Useless. The meteor is a poke, the smashes aren't actually strong and can easily be escaped from, and what makes me even madder, her recovery SUCKS. It SUCKS. It goes a long distance yay whoopeedoofrikkingwhoo. It takes, like, a minute to start up, during which you are still vulnerable, it goes into a very limited amount of directions only, after popping up in midair, Zelda is still facing the direction she faced before if you went upwards, she will NOT move horizontally anymore because she doesn't FEEL LIKE IT OR SOMETHING, and then she lands and takes the time to adjust her dress or whatever.

Sheik has a moveset solely consisting of instant combos and powerful killers with GIANT FRIKKIN HITBOXES and priority all over the place. Yes, a little slap is more powerful than a sword. IT MAKES SENSE.

...sorry, I had no sleep and this imbalance in one single character just pisses me off.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
Zelda has two usable attacks. Two broken moves, her fair and bair. The rest is useless. Useless. Useless. Useless. The meteor is a poke, the smashes aren't actually strong and can easily be escaped from, and what makes me even madder, her recovery SUCKS. It SUCKS. It goes a long distance yay whoopeedoofrikkingwhoo. It takes, like, a minute to start up, during which you are still vulnerable, it goes into a very limited amount of directions only, after popping up in midair, Zelda is still facing the direction she faced before if you went upwards, she will NOT move horizontally anymore because she doesn't FEEL LIKE IT OR SOMETHING, and then she lands and takes the time to adjust her dress or whatever.
hahahhahhaa such a perfect description. funniest post of the day.

Micahc

Smash Ace
There is a thread on this in the general brawl discussion, yes we all know that Sheik is just one big hitbox, and Zeldas forward and up smashes are killer.

Del Money

Smash Champion
im surprised theres no complaints about Sheik overwhelming priority and lengthy forward and down smashes or Marth's 3-character length grab. sure fox is fast and has some very punishing moves (shine, up smash, up air) but personally i think Sheik is far more broken

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There's already a topic for discussing buffs and ferns for characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom