• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Oh, How I Love our New House!

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Link to original post: [drupal=1405]Oh, How I Love our New House![/drupal]

So, my immediate family, excluding my father, moved to a new house around New Years. Sure, it looked like a cool house. It even had a basement, and really tall ceilings. How can such a cool, new house be so...annoying? Anything wrong with a house can surely be found here, although a lot isn't exactly fatal to the design of the structure.

My first complaint, is of course the great echo system. Anything in the basement echoes and goes up through the entire house, making the TV sound as if it's right next to you even though you're two floors above it. How many times have I woke up because something two floors down was making a sound? Not once, until we moved. The darn echo system even works with neighbors! Yay! Just last night I was sitting in my room playing Platinum when I heard something like a saw cutting wood next door. It wasn't a saw, because I don't think saws are accompanied with the sound of a woman moaning her lover's name. Yeah, it was funny, but c'mon...that's ridiculous if your own private...errr, pleasures are heard right next door. :mad:

Then, there's the darn sun. When the sun is in the east, it shines through a window and makes the opposite side of the room blinding, and it doesn't help that the TV is right in the direction of the suns' way. When we're sitting down at dinner, the sun is constantly blinding me, I've tried wearing sunglasses...but no one wears those indoors.

There are tons of other, little things, but those are the main things I hate. No backyard, no front-yard, no privacy since it's in a sub-division. It sucks, but at least it's temporary.

/rant

D

Deleted member

If your house is in the middle of your street that would solve a few problems.
Lol at hearing people "gettin in on".

Top Bottom